Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

14.1. I needed floaties. It was pouring. I splashed through huge puddles. A few times I couldn't even see as it was pelting my face. Good times,.....

happy birthday Phil

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

Hey Baboo, Happy Birthday to You!

April - don't forget to uncross your toes!

Jay - very sorry.  BTDT. All I can say is, the more amicable you can be the better.

I'm looking at treadmill and weights today.  Can't wait to try out my new jugs, but I think I will.  On account of the stares and giggles and whatnot.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Jay so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story. It has to be difficult.

Marjorie

Ric-G

ran 3 more late yesterday and probably none today. have been going out for dog walks too but that doesn't really count. off tomorrow but back to work on friday...wtf. anyway...started watching the tour again now that the doping is supposedly under control Wink

happy bday phil and nice run too.

Jay – tough stuff; you deserve a helluva lot better

Marjorie – nice job as usual

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

April - don't forget to uncross your toes! 

Ha! Thanks! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least they didn't recommend you to uncross your legs.... Wink

Ha! Thanks! Big grin

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

I didn't complete my mile trial today but that's ok. I was able to complete several laps at a much faster pace than I thought I was capable of, so I call it a win.

LRB

14.25 miles done at 9:41 pace.

That is pretty impressive sir.

Step, feel better!

Supp Ski!

April, those naps are the best, when they take you.

Good luck with the TT Jive.

SIAR, Boon has a birthday every quarter.

Speaking of sleep, way to get 10 in Tom!

You're better off Jess, now go rock it tomorrow!

Ric, I'm working Friday as well, gonna enjoy the serenity.

You runnin' today B+?  You crack me up sometimes about that.

What up doe Kris, Legs, Delicious, Marj, Pink, Beach, j22, Drew, and Scotty!

My main pair of running shoes has 400 miles on them already, bah.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  The weather has cooled just a bit, enough to make my 5 miles this morning really pleasant.  I'm going to run one more at PT today, then DD and I are going to be volunteer timekeepers at the local track meet.

Phil- Happy birthday!  A LR is a nice way to celebrate, I think!

Brr- Good luck tomorrow!

Tom- Congrats on the successful dishwasher install!

Jay- Sorry that you are going through all of this.  I don't think that I could handle that situation with that much maturity and responsibility.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB I wore old running shoes today (over 600 miles on them---I retire mine at 640.  So these got an extra 14 on them and my body didn't protest too much.  I could tell they were old but I did okay).  I think my current main shoes have around 350 but i"d have to check my calendar to see.

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got in a recovery paced 6.5 miles, right before the rains came.  I also stopped for a "Speedy Freeze," of the Coke variety.  Is there anything better than those in the summer?  I swear I think about them all run long, but I try to limit myself to one or two a week.  I actually hate that all sizes are $0.79 because I feel obligated to buy and finish the biggest one.

LRB and Marj...I did my run in older shoes today too!  My Mizuno Rider 15s have 513 miles one them.  They actually look brand new, so I'm sure curious to see how many miles I put on them.  I do have some newer shoes in the rotation, but I'm a little concerned that I haven't purchased anything of the real "mileage eater" variety.  Last cycle I did a lot of runs in Ghosts and Riders...now I have Bostons and Gel Lytes in their stead, and I'm a little worried that I should have gotten more shoe.  At least I have my Hokas too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got in a recovery paced 6.5 miles, right before the rains came.  I also stopped for a "Speedy Freeze," of the Coke variety.  Is there anything better than those in the summer?  I swear I think about them all run long, but I try to limit myself to one or two a week.  I actually hate that all sizes are $0.79 because I feel obligated to buy and finish the biggest one.

LRB and Marj...I did my run in older shoes today too!  My Mizuno Rider 15s have 513 miles one them.  They actually look brand new, so I'm sure curious to see how many miles I put on them.  I do have some newer shoes in the rotation, but I'm a little concerned that I haven't purchased anything of the real "mileage eater" variety.  Last cycle I did a lot of runs in Ghosts and Riders...now I have Bostons and Gel Lytes in their stead, and I'm a little worried that I should have gotten more shoe.  At least I have my Hokas too.

I have two new pairs left.  I may just have to order some more......I stick to one shoe.  I've used the Asics Blurr's for awhile and they do well on my feet.  I tend to find one I like and use it over and over until they change it to the point that it doesn't work anymore then I go on a quest to find new ones.  Luckily in the last several years I've only had to change shoes a few times.  My foot adapts pretty well I think.

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

NRR...I really need to become successful enough to hire my own chef.  This whole feeding myself thing is really getting old.

Marjorie...My running partner/store owner calls those "garbage feet," meaning that you can just throw anything on and they'll work for you.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I had 670 miles on my Wave Rider 14s, and I currently have 679 miles on my Precision 12s. I really like Mizuno. Now that I'm almost through my I'll-try-somewhat-barefoot-running phase, I think I'm going to go back to something like those shoes. You can't beat the mileage you get out of them. I shoot to get about $0.10/mile out of a pair. It's going to be difficult with my Brooks Pure Connects.

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I had 670 miles on my Wave Rider 14s, and I currently have 679 miles on my Precision 12s. I really like Mizuno. Now that I'm almost through my I'll-try-somewhat-barefoot-running phase, I think I'm going to go back to something like those shoes. You can't beat the mileage you get out of them. I shoot to get about $0.10/mile out of a pair. It's going to be difficult with my Brooks Pure Connects.

I could probably get that out of my Precisions too, except for the fact that I've torn through the mesh upper in the baby toe spot on both shoes.  I also wish they didn't have so much off a drop.  I'm really curious to see what the Sayonara is like.  I think we're going to have them for a test run at our store in a couple weeks too, which will be cool.