Beginners and Beyond

Sweet Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I had some big cramping issues left calf yesterday towards the end of my run. The sharp ouchy, knife cutting you, type. I could feel it today when I started to run so no run, just some quality time with my foam roller. Nice trigger point in the lateral gastric head. I've worked the crap out of that poor calf stretching it the last two weeks to restore the motion in my ankle. It means the perpetual soreness that is was always there for years in my right hip is pretty much gone but now the left calf wants to rebel. I will have to tape it tomorrow. And figure out why my right knee isn't straightening all the way. It isn't the knee itself. I think it is the result of fixing the hip and change in what I've done to my calves. I've messed up my bodies imbalances so it hates me a bit.

Good  luck to racers today

Marjorie

LRB

Good morning internet peeps!

Hopefully you get it all straightened out Marjorie, Lord knows I have been sore all over the past two weeks.

I am sipping on coffee now and will get out for 6 here in a bit.  It's cold and raining at the moment (46 degrees), but I prefer that over having to rush out and beat the heat any day.

delicate flower

'Morning!  10 mile race at 10:00 tonight.  Perhaps a Docket Rocket encounter???

Speaking of the number 10, with no plans to hit a park today, I slept for 10 glorious hours last night.  That was much needed.

<3

Cyberic

Last day off running. The urge to run has come back. But since it's pouring outside, over one inch of rain is forecasted for the day, I'll start running again tomorrow Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

'Morning!  10 mile race at 10:00 tonight.  Perhaps a Docket Rocket encounter???

Speaking of the number 10, with no plans to hit a park today, I slept for 10 glorious hours last night.  That was much needed.

Hope so!

Morning.  Still in Miami, hoping to get our shit together by 10am and drive to Orlando.  10 mile race tonight, but running with hubby, so a last slow LR for me.

My fucking insides hurt.  I think it's time to call the doctor and get the hormonal treatment.  Either that, or I'm having something else, like taper madness phantom pains.

Damaris

runninggirl30

morning all,

Marjorie- I hope that calf gets better for you soon!

LRB- enjoy the 6.  It's cold and rainy here too.  Rain on and off through out the day with a temp high of 59*

Baboon- must be fun to do a race at 10pm in Florida!  I will return someday, I love Disney!  Good luck with the race!

Cy- glad the urge is back for you Smile  Having to wait an extra day might make it stronger!

Damaris- drive safe and enjoy the run.  I hope you get your guts in order soon Wink  Call that doc!

I finally get to post something other than 3, yay!  I'm just doing 4.  Hopefully it won't be a miserable run cause it's drizzly rain and windy and on the cold side.  On the bright side it might make me run faster!

Have a good Saturday everyone!!

Lord knows I have been sore all over the past two weeks.

Word.

Raining when I woke up, but stopped shortly thereafter, so figured I would get out while the going was good. Funny I never want to go out while it's raining, but if it starts while I'm already out there, so be it. Anyway it managed to mostly hold off, and I got in 8 easy.

Have a magical Disney race Baboon & Docket!

Dave

outoftheblue

SRD, thank goodness.  My family is throwing a surprise party for me aunt, so I've been up early, making an egg salad and now need to head over to SF to pick up my Mom and than head to Napa for the party.  No loving all the driving today, but it's good to see family.

Marjorie -- Hope that calf is OK.

Docket and Baboon -- hope you get a FE and have fun at your race.

Zelanie -- I hope you have a restful day and get a good nights sleep.  We are in a heat wave here in California is the weather going to be OK in Portland for your marathon?

I have to get out the door to get my Mom, now, so just waving a big hello to everyone else.

Life is good.

LRB

I have to get out the door to get my Mom, now, so just waving a big hello to everyone else.

'Sup yo.

Run done, and was reminded how 46 degrees is only cold for the first mile or so.  RG, you might find the same thing.

Zelanie

Good luck to Phil, D, and Mr. Rocket!

D- I hope you figure out what's bothering you.

Marjorie- That's awesome that you have that much knowledge of what's going on, hopefully that helps you stay ahead of the grumpy calves.

LRB- Wasn't that long ago that it was hot, hot, hot!

Eric- Have fun tomorrow!

Runnergirl- Enjoy the 4!

Dave- Nice run.

OOTB- Hope that your party for your aunt goes well!  We had a big giant heat wave all summer, so in comparison, it shouldn't be terrible.  Upper 50s at the start, hoping to finish before it hits 70.  Warmer than I'd like (don't need any throwaway clothes for the start, for example), but not a deal-breaker.

Shakeout run for me today (2-3), then back up to Portland to watch movies and stuff in the hotel.

LRB

Shakeout run for me today (2-3), then back up to Portland to watch movies and stuff in the hotel.

Your log looks great, you should do well.  It will be over and you will be looking back on it before you know it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll have an RR later on but I'll give you guys a little bit.

I really didn't think I could get under 2 hours after the first mile and both calves, hams, and glutes were tight and sore. This is my first time running on tired legs due to marathon training but I think yesterday's SRD helped a lot, I stayed the course and finished the 13.1 miles in 1:53:12 with an average pace of 8:39 min/mile.

The new course was hillier, but I don't really think that hurt me at all, in fact it might have helped me. And I have a 5k tonight , I am seriously questioning my sanity on this one but I am taking tomorrow and Monday off to rest and recover so it shouldn't be too awful.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

I said "No" to 38*, windy, rain/snow in the dark and "Yes" to 3 extra hours of sleep in my warm, cozy bed.

Is it really a "unscheduled" rest day if you don't have a schedule?

As for "sweet," now I need to go bake cupcakes for a birthday party for one of DS's friends. We were supposed to go an apple orchard for it this afternoon, but given the temps and wet conditions, I offered up my house instead. Bonus: It means I get to stay inside all day, in my yoga pants and cozy sweatshirt.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Hope you all feel better, have great races, and enjoy the celebration of your results.

I've got a tempo to take care of.

LRB

I'll have an RR later on but I'll give you guys a little bit.

I really didn't think I could get under 2 hours after the first mile and both calves, hams, and glutes were tight and sore. This is my first time running on tired legs due to marathon training but I think yesterday's SRD helped a lot, I stayed the course and finished the 13.1 miles in 1:53:12 with an average pace of 8:39 min/mile.

The new course was hillier, but I don't really think that hurt me at all, in fact it might have helped me. And I have a 5k tonight , I am seriously questioning my sanity on this one but I am taking tomorrow and Monday off to rest and recover so it shouldn't be too awful.

A 3 min half marathon PR during MRT and not a single exclamation point in your post?  You must be exhausted, poor thing.