Beginners and Beyond

Sweet Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A PR?  Nice, Andrea!!!

Damaris

happylily

Shari, a warm day inside with the smell of baked goods sounds like heaven, Enjoy the coziness!

Damaris and Phil, have fun tonight! Hope you guys get to meet, and if you do, we want pics!

OOTB, enjoy your much deserved day off and your time with your family. You often talk about them, they must be good people. You're lucky. 

Cy, it's raining in my world as well. What a coincidence! 

LRB, hello darling! What will the movie be tomorrow?

Marj, calf cramps are the worst!

runninggirl, yeah on the longer distance!

Zel, stay zen and enjoy some warmth and relaxation. Everything will go well tomorrow and you will have the time of your life!

Dave and B-Plus, hi guys! Enjoy the rest of the day!

I just ran 7 easy and I have another 5 later this afternoon. I think I'm going to take a hot bath and then go for a little nap. After I wake up, I will male apple cobbler, seems like the thing to do on a cold rainy day. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Unfortunately it will be another missed week of movies for me.  Tomorrow the plan is to run, eat shit up, watch football, sleep, then a family function with my kids and my siblings and their kids at an all you can eat Asian buffet.  Meaning I will eat shit up twice.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A 3 min half marathon PR during MRT and not a single exclamation point in your post?  You must be exhausted, poor thing.

Lol, I am pooped. I will have exclamation points in my RR 

Thanks D!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hmmm... Want to check course accuracy... If it's on then I just PRd. 17:15 5k...
            FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmm... Want to check course accuracy... If it's on then I just PRd. 17:15 5k...

Badass, congrats. And even if the course isn't accurate, still congrats!! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

A 3 min half marathon PR during MRT and not a single exclamation point in your post?  You must be exhausted, poor thing.

And hardly any emoticons! Nice race, FS!

Dave

DavePNW

WOW. NICE!!

Dave

LRB

Don't bother, it'll just depress you. lol  My 5k PR was measured at 3.05 miles which doesn't sound like much but is actually a shit ton.

Nice run yo. 

runninggirl30

Nice PR Sly!!

FreeSoul- great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (yup those are all for you )    Take it easy tonight and enjoy the scenery.  Hope you get some rest soon!

happylily

Awesome 5k, Sly! That'll make LTH turn green with envy. 

Andrea, oh no! What did you just do? You ran a HM all out just 4 weeks before your goal marathon?! You are doomed, girl! (just kidding...:-)) Congratulations, you did great!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

That'll make LTH turn green with envy. 

True dat.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Awesome 5k, Sly! That'll make LTH turn green with envy. 

Andrea, oh no! What did you just do? You ran a HM all out just 4 weeks before your goal marathon?! You are doomed, girl! (just kidding...:-)) Congratulations, you did great!

I guess I shouldn't mention to him I'm in MRT still. Tongue And good job FS! So PRx2+15.... NM! Wink

From the Internet.

Nice job Sly and Andrea!

Have fun Baboon and D!

Good luck tomorrow Zel!

Finally managed to get out after dark last night, 3.7 miles with a couple of strategically placed strides (read: along sidewalks that actually had streetlights :P). Was actually pretty nice, the main road in my town has sidewalks that are maintained really well, kind of a boring run during the day but at night having good footing is reassuring. Assuming I can get up to marathon-training mileage next year I can definitely see making a second run in the evening one or two days per week a regular thing.

Helped with setup for tomorrow's race, picked up my number and race swag, bought pasta to make for dinner tonight. Cleaning, laundry, and cooking planned for the rest of the day, I should get some writing done too but I'll wait until the kid's in bed later before I attempt it.

LRB

Assuming I can get up to marathon-training mileage next year I can definitely see making a second run in the evening one or two days per week a regular thing.

I did something similar trying doubles when nothing was on the line to see how they would work for me in the future.  Your assessment is correct, there really is nothing to it once you accept it mentally.