Beginners and Beyond

Sleep Habits: Do You Sleep With a Pillow or Without? (Read 89 times)

Interesting questing Lily asked below. Unless it's an amazing pillow, I don't sleep with any. I usually don't sleep on a bed. My floor feels most comfortable.

LRB

You talking to me?  I was running along minding my own business until a fuckin 10 mile long train decided to go ahead and make my day! 

happylily

Oh no! Basya, you started a thread about nothing. FreeSoul beat you to the dailes. 

So, do you sleep with a pillow, or without? I need a pillow, otherwise my nose get congested if my head is not elevated. Fascinating stuff. 

Awesome workout, by the way!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Basya, you are like my daughter. She sleeps on a tatami mat, on the floor. A habit she picked up while traveling in Japan. She swears it's better for the back.

I just place a thin sheet on the floor.

happylily

It's worse than in the army! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I sleep with two pillows to keep my head raised. When my head is flat, my vertigo kicks up, as I have BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (look it up on the internet) - not fun!  Luckily, mine is VERY mild, thank goodness, but even a little when it occurs is damned annoying.  Can't function at all when the world is spinning around like a toy top on crack.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And do you sleep nekkid too, like the old time Spartans did to make them get hardcore?  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

I prefer a thin / flat pillow. Otherwise my neck gets sore.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have been made fun of because I even like to travel with my pillow.  My pillow is better than all the other pillows.

Running is dumb.

delicate flower

"Those aren't pillows!!"

<3

happylily

"Those aren't pillows!!"

LOL... Fun movie. 

hog4life

I prefer a thin / flat pillow. Otherwise my neck gets sore.

+1

hog4life

I have been made fun of because I even like to travel with my pillow.  My pillow is better than all the other pillows.

My wife does this too.

Mine is; memory foam FTW. Traveling with a pillow is just smart, hotels can be a crapshoot as far as number & type of pillows available.

I generally use 3 pillows total, pretty high maintenance I guess. (Although I don't always need a blanket, if it's warm.) Two under the head; I have the same problem with needing my head elevated to avoid congestion/breathing issues. Sometimes I use an additional big throw pillow if I'm having major problems (and for sitting up & reading in bed). Another pillow under my knees (if on my back) or between them (if on my side); helps a lot with back pain.

Dave