Beginners and Beyond

BAA 10K RR - What knee surgery? (Read 120 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Nice!  Way to go!  What a great piece of Boston to absorb!  Go blue & yellow.

Awesome breakfast too!  I'm starving as I type this!

Big grin

Randy

never run

Nice run and I want the post race meal.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WHAT knee surgery is right!  Wow, congrats on the new PR!  You should become a REHAB COACH for knee surgery patients!

Congrats to your wife too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Congratulations on the comeback. Amazing that you're back this strong, this quickly.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Great job Phil! Congratulations on coming back from the knee surgery. I know you've been working hard and it is great to see it pay off.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

And not even a knee brace!! Congrats to you and DW, Baboon. Smile

Bin Running

Nice run, what a comeback you have.. The Boston shirt is so nice.. Need to try to land my hand on one..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Way to go delicate flower! the shirt and medal are very cool and that breakfast! Yum!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Phil, it is truly incredible that you set a PR so soon after major surgery.

Big, big congrats.  Looks like the rest of the day went just as well, what with the cool shirts, medal, and post-race meal.

B-Plus

Congrats Baboon. You've been working hard and today you were rewarded with a PR so soon after surgery. Wtg!

Supersono99

Congrats, that is quite a comeback.

Will run for scenery.

That is a truly amazing and inspiring breakfast !

Oh, and congrats on the race as well.Big grin

I always waver between admiration and fear when I read your RRs :  promise us that you'll back off the minute you feel a twinge, mkay ?  Until then, carry on and kick more ass.  Taking names is optional.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Zelanie

You are back, and with flying colors!  I am so happy for you that your recovery has gone this smoothly!  Congratulations on your PR!  You earned it for sure!

delicate flower

That is a truly amazing and inspiring breakfast !

Oh, and congrats on the race as well.Big grin

I always waver between admiration and fear when I read your RRs :  promise us that you'll back off the minute you feel a twinge, mkay ?  Until then, carry on and kick more ass.  Taking names is optional.

Amen to that.  My doctor said for linear movements I'm not going to re-tear it if I get overaggressive.   I can aggrevate it though.  So far though in my comeback, all I've really felt is some achiness.

Thanks again for all the comments.  I really appreciate it.  I really feel that being in good shape and working the hell out of my knee prior to surgery was equally important as my post-surgery rehab.  I think having been through it once already and knowing what I had to do certainly helped. 

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's what I call a real comeback. Congratulations on a pain free run, at least as far as the knee was concerned.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.