Beginners and Beyond

Trickin' ThursDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

MothAudio

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Wednesday: 10 miles 1:31:55 - 9:12 avg. pace - easy + 2 miles walking. Beggers night, looking forward to taking the boys out. Hoping the rain stays away but at least it should be warmer than the past two years. Are you collecting sweets this year or passing them out? Run inspired and be safe!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Supp Mike!

First things first; I need a caffeine infusion....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hey, Mike!   Happy trick-or-treating with da boys tonite!

I am doing a Halloween 5K after work.  This is Running Event #60 for me for the year 2013.

Today is also my Thriday, as I am off tomorrow.   Will be up early tomorrow to take Gail to the doctor, she is having surgery on her toe.   Then Saturday morning is a 5-mile running event, #61, and then #62 will be Saturday night when I do the Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) 5K.  Haven't decided yet if I am going to do an event on Sunday morning too, we have 2 local 5Ks being done Sunday morning.  Will see how I feel after my 5K on Saturday night, after 3 races this week, and if I feel good I'll go to one of the 5Ks and just do Race Day Registration.

Happy caffeine infusion, LRB!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Happy Red Sox and Halloween Thursday!  Boss told us to wear jeans and a Sox shirt to work today.  That never happens.  So I obliged!  I'm going on about five hours sleep today.  Feeling 'ok' but the attention span isn't there.

8 miles or so on the post-work, pre-candy-handout agenda today.  Speaking of candy, I have already scored an Almond Joy and Kit Kat this morning.  I'll keep my eyes open for more!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Red Sox and Halloween Thursday!  Boss told us to wear jeans and a Sox shirt to work today.  That never happens.  So I obliged!  I'm going on about five hours sleep today.  Feeling 'ok' but the attention span isn't there.

8 miles or so on the post-work, pre-candy-handout agenda today.  Speaking of candy, I have already scored an Almond Joy and Kit Kat this morning.  I'll keep my eyes open for more!

Nice for me to be on Central time here, Baboon, game ended a little after 10 pm. or so for me, so not too bad.   Sugar rush for you at work today?  That should keep you hoppin'!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! Scotty, good luck to Gail! Wow, moth, your kids have gotten so big!

At least one mile today to try out my new Altras. I wanted to do another five but I am very tired. On the other hand I really need to get used to running while tired. So we shall see.

Hip Redux

The Sox really should have been more considerate and won that game quicker.  Holy eff am I tired.

I was in early to the drs to get blood drawn and follow up with the cardiologist is tomorrow.  I am hoping for some answers or at least some confirmation that I'm not going to kill myself if I go out for a run.

And now... coffee.

LRB

So when things are normal, I usually put my socks and shoes on in the morning using some variation of the standing figure four stretch:

I started doing that two years ago when I had my ITBS problem as a way to incorporate balance exercises into my daily routine.  How deep I go usually depends on how I am feeling on any given day but anyway, I obviously have not been able to do it on the left leg the past 8 weeks because my stupid SI joint killed just to think about it.

Well, because it has not been making much noise the past couple of days, I decided to try it this morning and guess what?  I did it!  I was so frickin' excited that I did not realize I put the heel part of the sock on the top of my foot!  lmao

I sat down to fix it because I did not want to push things but man I have come a long way with this ridiculous, God forsaken injury!  Cool

Dad on the run.

LRB - That's exciting! Guess that PT is paying off!

I may need to start doing that one for my IT Band. I did buy a foam roller yesterday, that things hurts like a mother .#*%&*#*!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

meaghansketch

Hi Dailies!

Mike- Nice run!  Great pic of your boys- have fun tonight with them!

Scott- Enjoy your Thriday and your many events this weekend!

Phil- Nice run!  Enjoy the candy!

Lilac- Good morning!  Hope the altras work out!

Oski- Hope you get some answers soon Undecided

Rick- Niiice!  You're making great progress dealing with your injury.  You're going to come back stronger than ever!

As for me- one word: CARBS!  Fat-loading ended last night, carb-loading starts today.  I already had 2 pieces of toast and a cinnamon-raisin bagel.  One last run tomorrow and then nothing till the marathon.  I'm keeping the nerves pretty well in check so far, though there's plenty of time for that to change.  I'm going to the expo tonight after work!  I can hardly wait!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Halloween! I move into the 35-40 age group today. I'm going by work to give out candy to our pre-school as they trick or treat by our offices and then I'm going to put some miles in at the Y and take the rest of the day OFF.

DH is taking me out on the town tonight, so it should be a fun birthday/Halloween. I plan on catching up on some forum reading this afternoon. Work has been way too intrusive of my internet time lately.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning Halloweeners. Smile

I was planning on doing 4 on the TM, but I ended up doing 6 because I had the time and I'll likely need to take an URD tomorrow. Does that make it a SRD? Anyways, potluck at work today, so lots of eating. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Halloween.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD today since we will be busy handing out candy!  Hopefully we bought enough.

LRB- Sounds like progress!

Meaghan- Good luck!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My building is being evacuated right now. Wish me luck!!!!

Damaris