Beginners and Beyond

Trickin' ThursDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Wednesday: 10 miles 1:31:55 - 9:12 avg. pace - easy + 2 miles walking. Beggers night, looking forward to taking the boys out. Hoping the rain stays away but at least it should be warmer than the past two years. Are you collecting sweets this year or passing them out? Run inspired and be safe!

8 miles 1:19:52 - 9:59 avg. pace - recovery + 2 miles walking

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok. Out of the building.

URD today.

Damaris

Dad on the run.

Docket - what called for the evac?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jess runs for bacon

What's going on D? Meaghan, good luck! I will be spectating this year, let me know what you are wearing so I can look for you!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket - what called for the evac?

Bomb threat.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Bomb threat.

Unsubstantiated I hope.

meaghansketch

Damaris- Oh no, hope you can get back in the building soon.

Lilac- I'll be wearing a red PPTC singlet (the one in my avatar) and grey shorts.  Send me a PM if you want my bib number to track me with!  Do you know yet where you'll be spectating from?  I'll be on the lookout for you!

delicate flower

Happy Halloween! I move into the 35-40 age group today.

Happy Birthday, Hobbitses!  GIVE ME CANDY.

<3

meaghansketch

Happy Birthday HobbitLegs!!

Dad on the run.

Docket - Wow, that's nuts! Have you heard anything else since the evac? Real or not?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jess runs for bacon

Damaris- Oh no, hope you can get back in the building soon.

Lilac- I'll be wearing a red PPTC singlet (the one in my avatar) and grey shorts.  Send me a PM if you want my bib number to track me with!  Do you know yet where you'll be spectating from?  I'll be on the lookout for you!

Yes, please do! We will be somewhere on first ave, vague I know.

Happy birthday Hobbit!

StepbyStep-SH

D - Stay safe!

Hobbit - Happy birthday!

It was a spooky, foggy morning when I took DS to school. I'll get 6 miles or so in before my noon strength training class.

Not sure whether I'll be on candy duty, or working reconnaissance for this guy:

halloween

I think this is his third year as a soldier, each with a few variations. Last year he wanted to be a World War I soldier, but this year, he says he's "more modern."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is October 31st!

Today in history: 

1517 - Martin Luther posts 95 theses on Wittenberg church

1913 - 1st US paved coast-to-coast highway, the Lincoln Highway is dedicated

1922 - Benito Mussolini (Il Duce) becomes premier of Italy

1963 - Ed Sullivan witnesses Beatles & their fans at London Airport

1983 - Ron Grant completes a 217 day, 8,316 mile run around Australia

1988 - 1st Monday Night NFL game; Indianapolis Colts beat Denver 55-23

2011 - The world population reaches 7 billion inhabitants according to the United Nations

Today's Holidays

Halloween, of course!

How do you know Dan Quayle is not a witch?

He can’t spell

Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?

He didn't have the guts

What do ghosts eat for supper?

Spooketi

What do baby ghosts wear?

BOOties

Who did Frankenstein take to the Halloween dance?

His Ghoulfriend

What is a vampire’s favorite fruit?

Nectarine

Why do ghosts make good cheerleaders?

Because they have a lot of spirit

What do you get when you cross a duck with a vampire?

Count Quackula

What do eye doctors give out on Halloween?

Candy corneas

Why do ghosts like to ride in elevators?

It raises their spirits

What do you get if you cross Bambi with a ghost?
                            Bamboo

A photographer goes to a haunted castle determined to get a picture of a ghost. The ghost he encounters turns out to be friendly and poses for a snapshot. The happy photographer dashes to his studio, develops the film and sees that the photos are underexposed and completely blank.    Moral to the story: The spirit is willing, but the flash is weak.

And Other Holidays for Today... 

Halloween

National Candy Apple Day

Trick or Treat for UNICEF Day

Increase Your Psychic Powers Day

Girl Scout Founder's Day

International Knock-Knock Jokes Day

National Magic Day

zombie, piñata,

KEYWORD1  2011-10-31  halloween  all hallows eve  trick-or-treat  trick-or-treating  trick or treat

KEYWORD1  2010-10-31  halloween  all hallows eve  trick-or-treat  trick-or-treating  trick or treat

KEYWORD1  2010-10-26  halloween  all hallows eve  trick-or-treat  trick-or-treating  trick or treat

KEYWORD1  2006-11-01  halloween  all hallows eve  holiday  holidays  candy  candies  leftover  lefto

psychic powers cartoons, psychic powers cartoon, funny, psychic powers picture, psychic powers pictures, psychic powers image, psychic powers images, psychic powers illustration, psychic powers illustrations

psychic cartoons, psychic cartoon, funny, psychic picture, psychic pictures, psychic image, psychic images, psychic illustration, psychic illustrations

girl scouts cartoons, girl scouts cartoon, funny, girl scouts picture, girl scouts pictures, girl scouts image, girl scouts images, girl scouts illustration, girl scouts illustrations

127330 600 Girl Scout Cookie Sales cartoons

KEYWORD1  2009-08-03  and the magic goose continued to make golden eggs and the man continued to col

KEYWORD1  2006-01-29  peter pan  neverland  wendy  wendy darling  parody  parodies  disney  movie

KEYWORD1  attorney  attorneys  law  legal  lawyer  lawyers  court  court house  court houses

KEYWORD1  2003-06-01  harry houdini  houdini  magic  magician  magicians  book  books  author

magician cartoons, magician cartoon, funny, magician picture, magician pictures, magician image, magician images, magician illustration, magician illustrations

knock knock jokes cartoons, knock knock jokes cartoon, funny, knock knock jokes picture, knock knock jokes pictures, knock knock jokes image, knock knock jokes images, knock knock jokes illustration, knock knock jokes illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, LRB, I see from your photos, this injury really has changed you!  Joking

So when things are normal, I usually put my socks and shoes on in the morning using some variation of the standing figure four stretch:

I started doing that two years ago when I had my ITBS problem as a way to incorporate balance exercises into my daily routine.  How deep I go usually depends on how I am feeling on any given day but anyway, I obviously have not been able to do it on the left leg the past 8 weeks because my stupid SI joint killed just to think about it.

Well, because it has not been making much noise the past couple of days, I decided to try it this morning and guess what?  I did it!  I was so frickin' excited that I did not realize I put the heel part of the sock on the top of my foot!  lmao

I sat down to fix it because I did not want to push things but man I have come a long way with this ridiculous, God forsaken injury!  Cool

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Today in history: 

1988 - 1st Monday Night NFL game; Indianapolis Colts beat Denver 55-23

Wait, what?

<3