Beginners and Beyond

Evaluate your Life Weekend Penguins (Read 28 times)

GinnyinPA

Rach - beautiful photos. I've only been to Alaska in the summer, so never got the aurora.  One day I hope to see it. Love the Alaska Range pictures too.

Brilliant - hope your eight went well.

PAD - cupcakes sound good to me too.

Damaris - I hope you enjoyed your run with DH.  How are his shin splints?

Tracilynn - I could never go vegan.  I like dairy too much.  Good luck.

Mitch - are you training for a marathon?  Good job on the 17.

Robert - nice run.  Did you get a nap.

sapf - good run.  How was the midterm?

obiebyke - did you get your nap or run today?

AFM:  DH wanted to go to a gun show in Gettysburg, so I went along and ran 8 miles on the Gettysburg HM course while he was considering a new gun. Dark clouds and wind, but no rain during the run.  Nice easy hills but too much traffic.

obiebyke

Uh. I napped, but I didn't run. Ah well.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rach - beautiful photos. I've only been to Alaska in the summer, so never got the aurora.  One day I hope to see it. Love the Alaska Range pictures too.

Brilliant - hope your eight went well.

PAD - cupcakes sound good to me too.

Damaris - I hope you enjoyed your run with DH.  How are his shin splints?

Tracilynn - I could never go vegan.  I like dairy too much.  Good luck.

Mitch - are you training for a marathon?  Good job on the 17.

sapf - good run.  How was the midterm?

obiebyke - did you get your nap or run today?

AFM:  DH wanted to go to a gun show in Gettysburg, so I went along and ran 8 miles on the Gettysburg HM course while he was considering a new gun. Dark clouds and wind, but no rain during the run.  Nice easy hills but too much traffic.

The shin splints come and go but he's still at it in a way he can.

10 miles with hubby.

Damaris

Zelanie

Hey guys, guess what?  I ran today. Smile  3 nice slow easy miles.  It was warm out but I still wore my Portland Marathon finishers' shirt even though it was long sleeved.  Legs felt good, and it felt wonderful to be out again.  My piriformis was stiff, but that's not even news.  Rolled and stretched really well when I got back.

Rach, those are gorgeous pics.  I think it would be hard to get any work done up there on a plane with all of that scenery!  Also, thank you for the aurora shots.  There was a night a month or so ago when it was supposed to be strong enough to be visible out here.  DD and I drove into the country and looked for it, but weren't really sure what we were looking for, so couldn't tell if we were just seeing lights from town or the aurora.  But it did look so much like a dimmer version of your pics that I think we did see it!  The stars picture was really similar to what it looked like.  In the other shots, we saw the faint pink glow, none of the higher green stuff.  And it was light enough that it wasn't that pink.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Yes I did and it was nice.  I rarely take a nap but I see now that I could get to like them.

Sounds like a nice scenic place to run.  I don't care much for running with a lot of traffic though.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Hi guys!

Rach - wow gorgeous pics! I don't know that my cold-blooded lizard body could ever live in Alaska, but I'd love to visit someday.

Zelanie - glad all those SRDs paid off and you had a good first post-marathon run!

I walked ~3.5ish miles yesterday, will head out for an hour or so sometime after breakfast. Today I'm at the point where my surgery site is more itchy than painful, not even one week post-op, so I'm pretty happy about that. I might give walk/jogging a try on Tuesday at the one week mark. Thus far I'm very optimistic about getting back to normal mileage pretty quickly (no speedwork until 6 weeks out though!).

hog4life

Lauren, did the doc give you the go ahead to jog already? Wow, lenient dr. Listen to your body coming back.

Zel, glad the run was good.

Ginny, I'm not training for a full specifically,  but if I can get to some longer runs, I might sign up for our local Dec 13 full last minute. Just to do as a LR. I'm not sure I will ever race a full.

today it was 45 degrees when I got up. I should have went for a run right then, but will wait till later.

tracilynn

Ginny, I gave up dairy months ago and it was much easier than I thought.   We all have our food addictions though.

Zel, congrats in the 3 mile run.  I bet it feels nice to hit the pavement again.  What's your plan the next few months?

obie, you're funny. Naps are good though. You totally deserved that nap. Shut up BLERCH. He talks to me a lot too ;-)

lauren, glad recovery is going well. Being in great shape prob has lots to do with that.

Hope Jerry & mrs are staying warm this morn on their 13.1 run!

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Morning, 10 done.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

6 done for me. I ran 28.7 miles this week, my highest total in 17 weeks. That feels pretty good. Smile  Day 2 of the swim meet coming up.

Sounds like y'all are having a nice weekend. Smile

Zelanie

Jerry is done!  I can't find any tracking info online, but I've seen a photo of him with a medal.  Great job!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2:17:46 is a 2 minute PR for us.  We had a great time with our pace group but left them in our dust the last mile (9:50).  Felt so good and great to see so many Cyclones here.

Zelanie

Fantastic!  Great job!

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

I saw this this morning and thought of y'all. I didn't get my 2 miles in yesterday, so I am going to try today. I haven't been feeling the best and I think my allergies are in full swing! Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday so maybe then we can figure all this mess out.