Beginners and Beyond

RR- Great Pumpkin Run 10K - Pics added last page (Read 107 times)

Zelanie

Baconista- Haha!  Actually he said he might start coming to running club.  So maybe there will be more runners around my pace there. Smile

TakeAHike

Nice job Zelanie.  You were really cruising at the end and still had the energy to pose for the photographer.  Well done.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Zelanie

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but photos are finally up.

Here I am just past the 1 mile marker.  I looked at the photo and realized that it was Black Tights Guy behind me there!  I wasn't even aware of him yet, since he wouldn't pass me for the first time for another half mile.  Just imagine how fast he could have run if he wouldn't have been wearing 94523 layers!

And here I am coming in to the finish.  I am having a great time!  The photographer I posed for was on the other side of the path, and all of her photos came out blurry.  This one is pretty good.  I think I was grinning like that for a mile and a half.

happylily

LOL @  black tights guy!

Zelanie, you have such a gorgeous happy smile and you look so young! Are you really that young or is it running that does that to you? Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

Nice blerch shirt Smile

No more marathons

Nice blerch shirt Smile

Ditto - I haven't worn my for a race yet - don't want it to get smelly  Big grin

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

What up, negative splits!

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

SheCan

Awesome job, Zelanie!  As I was reading, I felt like I was running with you.  Congratulations on such a good race and excellent RR.  You're going to do so well on the upcoming HM.  Love the pictures you posted also.  So glad you got a pic of black tights, and as always, you look adorable and so happy to be out there racing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

happylily- You are too nice!  I am 38. Smile  And yes, it must be the running, because IIRC you don't look your age either!

Jess, bluesky- It was a great race shirt because it is so light, and also it's pretty long so you don't end up with accidental midriff photos.

Scapp- Thanks!

Cherie- Thank you!  I might have to go around taking photos of my racing nemeses in future races so I can put them in my RRs!  I had half a mind to go looking for a photo of him from this one before I realized he was already in mine!

Just B.S.

Love the pics and congrats!!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

You are not supposed to be smiling in a 10K.  You're supposed to look like this.....

Ok, well, maybe I can give you a pass because I know that YOU know you have a HAPPY knee......... Joking Wink

Randy

Baboon

delicate flower

Look at all those folks behind you in the first pic!  Big grin

<3

LRB

Aren't you special!  Cool

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Heck, Black Tights Guy wasn't stupid...he was using you for his motivation to keep on moving forward, following those Great Legs!  We 'old men' use that trick a lot!  Big grin

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but photos are finally up.

Here I am just past the 1 mile marker.  I looked at the photo and realized that it was Black Tights Guy behind me there!  I wasn't even aware of him yet, since he wouldn't pass me for the first time for another half mile.  Just imagine how fast he could have run if he wouldn't have been wearing 94523 layers!

And here I am coming in to the finish.  I am having a great time!  The photographer I posed for was on the other side of the path, and all of her photos came out blurry.  This one is pretty good.  I think I was grinning like that for a mile and a half.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt