Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #10 (Read 34 times)

sdWhiskers

LOL. No. I'm sure this was super high tech when the house was built in 1990. Aat least DH and I know what it is and it actually still works.

Our previous house had a cut out in the living room wall for a 1990s TV. So it was small but deep, lol

Cyberic

would rather read about it than listen to someone tell me about it.

This

onemile

I like watching those too

Not sure why but it makes my skin crawl to listen to the chit chat / small talk that goes on in the podcasts that I've tried to listen. Like listening to radio morning shows or talk shows (GMA, Ellen, etc). Just BLAH BLAH BLAH. I've tried a few podcasts with topics in running, personal finance, true crime, how things work, etc

I think maybe audio books could be fine. Otherwise, I would rather read about it than listen to someone tell me about it. Probably the same reason that I dis-enable all the stupid videos when reading the news online.

I hate podcasts with chit/chat / small talk. Or talk shows. I don't listen to any of that.  Podcasts about "topics"? no.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think maybe audio books could be fine. Otherwise, I would rather read about it than listen to someone tell me about it. Probably the same reason that I dis-enable all the stupid videos when reading the news online.

When I was doing my masters, they came up with some grand idea that during a particular semester every class would read a book and then it would somehow get related to the clas ("Good to Great" and "Green to Gold" were 2 I remember). That turned me off audio books. DH's program did the same thing, so he had "Good to Great" on CD (hey, this was 2006 or so). I listened to it during my commute, OMG, it was so boring.

GinnyinPA

I ran 10 with 5 at LT.

I remember seeing people hiking with a boombox in the early 90's. One group carried one backpacking on the AT. They didn't get very far.

DavePNW

Not sure why but it makes my skin crawl to listen to the chit chat / small talk that goes on in the podcasts that I've tried to listen. Like listening to radio morning shows or talk shows (GMA, Ellen, etc). Just BLAH BLAH BLAH. I've tried a few podcasts with topics in running, personal finance, true crime, how things work, etc

I am not a big podcast guy, but like anything, there’s good and bad.

I’ve never tried audiobooks, but my wife is totally hooked on them.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I completed my 5 mile trackjog.

Hey Baboon, I think you made Sports Illustrated! Well, sort of. Aren't you running by in the bckground of the video?

Yep, I am in the at video at the 4-6 second mark shuffling by in the background (blue calf sleeves).  I made all the national news!!    If any news outlets wanted to interview anyone who crossed the finish line standing up but still ran pretty awful, I'd have made myself available.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Here’s my music system.

LOL...I recently purchased one of the new Sony Walkman mp3 players to replace my dead Nano.  These new Walkmans are only marginally better than the one pictured here.  What a piece of shit.  It cost me $99 and I am ready to just throw it away.

<3

DavePNW

I completed my 5 mile trackjog.

Yep, I am in the at video at the 4-6 second mark shuffling by in the background (blue calf sleeves).  I made all the national news!!    If any news outlets wanted to interview anyone who crossed the finish line standing up but still ran pretty awful, I'd have made myself available.

Or if NYCM wanted to give some sympathy slots to people who missed their qualifying time but actually finished on their feet.

Dave

Cyberic

Last Sunday my friend brought his new Garmin VIRB video cam (360 degrees). You don't need to aim at what you want to film. You just hold it and afterwards you decide to make a 360 film (haven't seen that yet) or the person making the video chooses what goes on the film.

So this is to show you what the cam can do, and also, Baboon, to show you that you're not the only one who runs with a shuffle.

First part of the video is at around 3:05 marathon pace, and when I pass the camera to my RP I accelerate to about 2:55-2:50 MP. Just to give an idea of form vs pace. It's mostly me starting at around 2:35 in the video. We're running in the Montreal Botanical Garden, open to walkers, runners, and people doing photography in the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23tx4RCvtE&feature=youtu.be

LRB

Last Sunday my friend brought his new Garmin VIRB video cam (360 degrees). You don't need to aim at what you want to film. You just hold it and afterwards you decide to make a 360 film (haven't seen that yet) or the person making the video chooses what goes on the film.

So this is to show you what the cam can do, and also, Baboon, to show you that you're not the only one who runs with a shuffle.

First part of the video is at around 3:05 marathon pace, and when I pass the camera to my RP I accelerate to about 2:55-2:50 MP. Just to give an idea of form vs pace. It's mostly me starting at around 2:35 in the video. We're running in the Montreal Botanical Garden, open to walkers, runners, and people doing photography in the winter.

The quick foot turnover is a dead giveaway that you guys are bookin' (old school slang for running fast), not to mention how quickly things are moving past you. The difference obviously is the pace you two are running comes with ease so less effort than it would for someone who is running the same pace at their 5k effort.

Nice video. You look perfectly normal. The technology we have these days is amazeballs.

Runshortii

Docket your pictures from Epcot look fun! I’ve never been a big Disney world person but I like Epcot

I ran 6. Was going to do my 15 but I think im getting a cold and was utterly exhausted. Will try for it on Sunday in Aruba, the heat should be fun. Sitting on a plane to Atlanta right now

LRB

No prob! This board can move pretty fast. That’s so awesome your new one can do this!

Music on the wrist is the new color TV, then new microwave, the new digital watch, the new cable TV, the new cordless phone; all of which I was around for and marveled at.

The technology is nothing short of stupefying. The music is so clear and works so well, it's mind boggling that they can do that!

LRB

Docket your pictures from Epcot look fun! I’ve never been a big Disney world person but I like Epcot

I ran 6. Was going to do my 15 but I think im getting a cold and was utterly exhausted. Will try for it on Sunday in Aruba, the heat should be fun. Sitting on a plane to Atlanta right now

Woo-hoo!

GinnyinPA

The video is remarkably smooth. Usually when I watch that kind of video, I end up nauseous, feeling a form of motion sickness. This felt fast, but not jumpy. Nice. I'm surprised you were running that fast with snow underfoot.