Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies Morning Brunch (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry for your loss Outoftheblue, *hugs* Sad

It was a long emotional day, yesterday, but very good to be around family.  My grandma truly was an amazing woman.

Back to my normal routine today, which included 5.5 easy miles this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Sorry to hear that OOTB.

22 miles for me today, my first good long run since my 50k last month.  Starting to feel like my training is getting back on track, hopefully no more sickness between now and my marathon.  Recovering with black rice chicken casserole. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Amazing, Dave! When is your goal race?

Shari is finished her marathon by now and on her way home. I hope she has good driving conditions. Anyone knows of the weather in Wisconsin?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, folks,  I know this will bother some but it has been an absolutely beautiful day here in SE Tennessee. It's about 55 degrees as we speak, which means I ran in shorts and a tee shirt.

4 miles for me today. I haven't run that far since November 3 of last year.  No knee pain, though it's a little stiff right now. As usual, I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

This great weather is short-lived - presently, there's a strong wind out of the SW, but it will be swinging around to the NW as the cold front moves across the area overnight and through tomorrow. It will NOT be 55 tomorrow!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

OOTB, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

DavePNW

Anyone knows of the weather in Wisconsin?

I am going to make a wild ass guess: cold, snow, wind. You're welcome.

Dave

happylily

I am going to make a wild ass guess: cold, snow, wind. You're welcome.

This does not tell me if there is a snow storm that could make her driving home difficult. But thanks. I know that she did well, though. But I'm not telling you. nah, nah...

Beth, brava on the nine in tough conditions.

Lily, brava on nineteen nice miles.

Dave, twenty-two? Wow. Very cool.

Tom, I'm glad that you were able to run four miles comfortably.

Accirdjng to weather.com, it's just cold and windy In Milwaukes. Congratulations, Shari!!!

I napped, stretched, and did push-ups and some foam rolling.

I'm off to make good use of my wedge pillow and a book. I'm not up for getting dressed to go to the gym. I hope to do free weights and ab work at around 7:00.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Julie, it's March 16th.

Basya, thanks!  Pfitz says run 22, so I ran 22. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

"LR" of 5 miles lol. 6 runs and 20 miles for the week should not feel this difficult. Baby steps, baby steps ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was a long emotional day, yesterday, but very good to be around family.  My grandma truly was an amazing woman.

Back to my normal routine today, which included 5.5 easy miles this morning.

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Hugs.

Damaris

Hip Redux

"LR" of 5 miles lol. 6 runs and 20 miles for the week should not feel this difficult. Baby steps, baby steps ...

You'll get there.  Smile

OOTB - sorry for your loss. Sad

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think you are even ahead of me at mileage done for the week.  Keep going.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

OOTB, very sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully everything is going ok with you and yours.

Lily, the real estate thing went well yesterday. It sounds like we're in a sellers market, but as a buyer and seller it is a wash. We're basically going to take the next month and get everything ready to sell. We've already rented a storage unit and I've moved a couple pickup loads of stuff there. It's amazing that you can literally move loads of your stuff somewhere else and you don't feel like you're really missing anything. We're hoping to get the updates done to our house that we want to do, then put our house up for sale March 1st. Our agent said he'll send us all new listings starting now, so I guess we're technically in the market.

- Andrew

happylily

OOTB, very sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully everything is going ok with you and yours.

Lily, the real estate thing went well yesterday. It sounds like we're in a sellers market, but as a buyer and seller it is a wash. We're basically going to take the next month and get everything ready to sell. We've already rented a storage unit and I've moved a couple pickup loads of stuff there. It's amazing that you can literally move loads of your stuff somewhere else and you don't feel like you're really missing anything. We're hoping to get the updates done to our house that we want to do, then put our house up for sale March 1st. Our agent said he'll send us all new listings starting now, so I guess we're technically in the market.

That's great! Yes, if it's a sellers market and you are looking to buy in the same market, then you are not ahead in the game. But the good thing is that at least, there is action. So your situation is good! Isn't it funny how we always wait before we do all those little repairs and improvements to our homes until we decide it's time to go? And man, if something happened to my SO and myself, my poor kids would live a nightmare with all the junk we have in the basement, garage and garden house. Why I don't want to throw those letters from pen pals from the '70s and '80s , I have no idea.