Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are taking a stand (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

SRD for me today, but busy day.  Leaving work at 4 to go do some hospital stuff - Gail has to have surgery on her toe - and then am a volunteer for packet-pickup today from 3 - 6 pm for the Whine Run 5-miler that is on Monday.   I have no race on Saturday for a change, since I am running on Monday.  Looking forward to Saturday as the college football season starts.  I love football!   My university team starts its season with an away game at U. of New Mexico.  Sep 7, we play Oklahoma State at home in the Alamodome and will probably get slaughtered.  Oh well, the university has only had a team for 3 years and we're already playing the Big Boys, it's all a learning experience, right?   Hoping my other favorite teams - Longhorns, Va. Tech, LSU, Notre Dame - all do well.   Hope the Texas A&M Aggies, whom I can't stand, lose every game, lol. Unless they play Alabama, whom I really can't stand. In that case, go Aggies!

Holidays for August 30 are Toasted Marshmallow Day, College Colors Day; and Holistic Pets Day.

marshmallow cartoons, marshmallow cartoon, marshmallow picture, marshmallow pictures, marshmallow image, marshmallow images, marshmallow illustration, marshmallow illustrations

marshmallow cartoons, marshmallow cartoon, marshmallow picture, marshmallow pictures, marshmallow image, marshmallow images, marshmallow illustration, marshmallow illustrations

mascot cartoons, mascot cartoon, mascot picture, mascot pictures, mascot image, mascot images, mascot illustration, mascot illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Fingers crossed that my office closes early today. They like to leave us in anticipation, sometimes until literally the last minute, because they think we're all children. It's super fun.

Race day is on the 10-day forecast. OMG. Freaking out even more.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They usually let us go one hour early on days like this, but in 2013 we've not had that pleasure.  Bah.

And April, I mean, Taperil, BREATHE!

Damaris

LRB

Race day is on the 10-day forecast.

At ease my dear, that is completely (abby) normal. ; )

For my first marathon, I had at least three tabs open with weather sites of the race location at all times.  For my second, I only had two!  lol

Let's face it, whether (pardon the pun) it is your first marathon or thirty-first, weather can destroy your dreams.  So my advice to you is simple; open another tab!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

LRB

Wassup good looking!

I got in 6.5 wet and sticky miles, and am happy to report that my legs are back, yay!  During the last couple of miles, I actually had to slow myself down.

It is funny how you get lost in your thoughts, and the more intense they are, the faster you run.  Conversely, the more boring or uninteresting they are, the slower you run.  For me anyway.

I'm hungry, you?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was hungry.  Then I ate two donuts.  Problem solved.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sooo none of the hard running on today's schedule will be happening! I have a 5 mile race Monday, so I'll either count that as the workout or just fit it in next week. Tonight I'll squeeze in something like 8 easy.

Hog...hope things are okay.

Oski...I think today my body is returning the favor and hating me a little!

Scotty..college football Saturdays! My favorite.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Zelanie

Morning!  Headed in to work.  5 later.

Yes - NH Native.  While I'm pretty recognizable to anyone who's met me, I try to keep my user id un-Google-able.

Ended up going with my favorite running partner today, so did two recovery miles instead of three.  And did them a bit faster than planned.  My running partner is not such a good pacer.  More of a speed freak, at least for the first mile.

Let's see if this works...

outoftheblue

Morning!

Fingers crossed that my office closes early today. They like to leave us in anticipation, sometimes until literally the last minute, because they think we're all children. It's super fun.

Race day is on the 10-day forecast. OMG. Freaking out even more.

Relax!  And good luck!!!!!

Life is good.

LRB

un-Google-able.

Hmm, can that be found here?

Hi Zel!  Hi Blue!

outoftheblue

It's been a crazy week.  I live a few miles from the Yosemite/Rim fire and although our house was never in jeopardy, the smoke has been extremely thick and has precluded any type of running outside.  200,000 acres burned and 32% containment as of today.   My hat goes off to all the firefighters (5,000 of them now) battling this blaze in 95 heat.

I'm going to hit the treadmill for another 6 miles today.

Life is good.

LRB

I was hungry.  Then I ate two donuts.  Problem solved.

How about an entire plate of hash-browns?  There has to be at least four taters worth in there!  And people wonder why the country is so freakin' fat.  I'll eat half of them and the Greek omelet that came with them, and call it a day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And you wonder why I want to move out of this place.

Apart from the one guy sexually abusing dogs, the rest are hilarious...and stupid.

LINKIE!

Damaris