Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are taking a stand (Read 39 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone, I just got back from a steamy 6. I'm off to hose off the sweat and knock out some errands. This will be a busy weekend. A high school friend is coming back to town to get married this weekend. It will be fun to catch up with old friends.

Mitch - hope you're ok!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey, yourself, LRB. Nothing new here.  Just work. I'm waiting in the glass guys. The crack in my windshield was repaired 4.5 years ago. It is starting to crack more so time to replace the whole thing.   They will be here sometime this afternoon. Who knows exactly when.

Marjorie

Hi dailies:

Rick - um, new thing for the torture chamber?

Hog - hope the news is good

Tom - sweaty miles, poor cat

Granite - welcome.. nice commentary, haha

Robert - lunch run, good stuff

Lilac - hi

Oski - Here I am. No race, just a late night run after a long day at work.  Are half-iron men alloys?

D - enjoy the SRD, soak up some AC

Burrrn - good changeup

Scotty - more like ass-holistic pet around here

April - There will be weather.  You will run well in it.  It will be OK.  Smile

Marjorie - 12.5 - tl;dr

SIAR - good plan, after your big triple

Zelanie - happy Friday

OOTB - yikes, praying for some rain over there

Hobbit - fun

11.7 last night down where there are street lights.   A rare closing shift at work today meant that I could sleep in Smile.  Coffee and cereal - check.  Another late 10ish after 2nd to last day of the busy season.  Bring on fall and some 26.2 mile run, or something.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What the heck is it, LRB?  Book-shelf? Wink

Mitch, whatever your news is, I'm sure you can deal with it.  You're a fighter.  I wish you all the luck, you have made such good progress!

Nice run, Phil!

Yeah, hate days like that Tom, when dewpoint and temp are same....sweat sweat sweat!  Good on ya for your run.  Sorry about the cat.  We lost a sweet cat - belonged to a neighbor - that way last week.

Hope your lunchtime miles go well, Robert.

Good luck at the event, Oski.   Hope no one panics and grabs your paddle and you end up in the drink yourself!

Enjoy the SRD, Damaris.  Yeah, I was hungry this morning too, so had 2 breakfast tacos AND a donut.  So healthy. Roll eyes

Nice temp for a run, Andrew, 64.  It's just after 11 a.m. here in San Antonio and we are heading for 100 degrees again today.

Hope you get to leave early, April.    I am outta here at noon myself.  Good luck with the 'waiting for the day'!  You are normal.   You will be in a state of nervous excitement right until the start.

Way to 12.5 Marjorie.   Sorry about your windshield. Doncha just love that "we will be there between..."   and then you wait around all day.

Good luck with your race Monday, SIAR.  I will think about you already finished, showered, and relaxing while slow me will still be on my course, lol. My event is 5 miles...I anticipate it will take me probably an hour, and maybe a little over that,  to do it, as it's very hilly, and I'm very slowy.  Big grin

Good luck with the 5 later, Zelanie.

Wow, outoftheblue, that is awful, being that close to the fire.  Been watching it on the news, weather channel, etc.  Just terrible.  Sorry you have to deal with all that smoke!  Stay safe!

Have a fun weekend, Hobbit!

Nice to be able to sleep in, Jay!  Good luck with the running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice run, Phil!

Thanks, I appreciate that since Jay totally blew me off.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Jay, tldr would be twelve point five......

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I might have eaten too much for lunch.  Bah.

Damaris

meaghansketch

Mitch- Hope things are OK!  +1 to what Scotty said-- you are a fighter, whatever the news is you will get through it.

6 blah miles this AM, following 6 blah miles on the gym TM last night.  Some days it's just about getting it done.  Long progression run tomorrow.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm hungry but already ate lunch. Now I'm supervising them putting in my new auto glass. What fun.

Marjorie

Ric-G

back from extended driving...glad it's done.

now i have about 9 or 10 miles after work (running not driving). but first, gotta catch up at work. it's also friggin hot/humid, so I'm not gonna try to kill it on the pace.

nice running everyone...have a great weekend all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I'm hungry but already ate lunch. Now I'm supervising them putting in my new auto glass. What fun.

I am bored too, think Imma drive to meijer and buy some goodies.  It is hard to believe as I shopped there three times a week (minimum), but I have not been in one since moving.  I might need the check book for this one!

B-Plus

How about an entire plate of hash-browns?  There has to be at least four taters worth in there!  And people wonder why the country is so freakin' fat.  I'll eat half of them and the Greek omelet that came with them, and call it a day.

Needs hot sauce.

Jess runs for bacon

I am bored too, think Imma drive to meijer and buy some goodies.  It is hard to believe as I shopped there three times a week (minimum), but I have not been in one since moving.  I might need the check book for this one!

You moved?

I made one pot pasta for lunch. It was really easy and quite yummy. Recipe here: http://www.apronstringsblog.com/one-pot-wonder-tomato-basil-pasta-recipe/

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Meijers. One of least favorite places. But I'd go there before Walmart.....maybe because we spent tons of time there as a kid I just dread going there?

Marjorie

meaghansketch

I'm about to go pick up my packet for my labor day race!  Weather forecast is not being kind-- 70 with a 70 dew point- 100% humidity.  Oh yeah, and thunderstorms.

(Yes, I know, Damaris, you have it worse.  The weather here has just been so nice the past couple weeks!  Can't we have that back?  I want a PR!)