Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - It's 5 o'clock Somewhere (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 AM here, getting ready to head out for a 4 miler.

Good luck to anybody racing today, unless it's tomorrow....... Indiana's major races are on Saturday while I've noticed a lot of HM and FM are on Sunday. We're backwards 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Coffee is brewing on the stove.

I'm going out of town tomorrow to see relatives so all the house chores have to be done today, while both my kids have soccer practice today. I have to find running time in there.

Think I'll run during DD's practice, that will give me 80 mins to run. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can get up early enough.

LRB

'Sup!

I logged onto my computer and it was an hour behind.  Stupid. 

Anyway, I have short run on tap this morning followed by a million errands, most of which I am going to try to do while sitting.  lol  Today is also carb-loading day, so I will have a blast with that.

Up first though is coffee!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So your race is tomorrow? Awesome Smile

Rocky and I got 4.4 miles done, still feeling good though I was definitely feeling it from playing with my new hyperextension back machine yesterday afternoon.... I will have to remember not to use it too much the week of the race, but I love it already.

I try to set my coffeemaker the night before so it comes on just before 3 AM, but sometimes I am just too lazy to even do that before going to bed 

I hate house chores, house cleaning is even harder when you have a toddler who believes his job is to take all of the clothes out of his drawers and now everything off the changing station, then if he can get into my room he tries to get into either the dirty clothes or the clean ones on the bed........ for some reason he is obsessed with my panties 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Getting ready to head out to my 5K - Paint the Parkway Pink in support of breast cancer research.  So of course, I don't have anything pink...but I think my usual 'cancer shirt' race shirts will still get the message of support across.   Kind of annoyed at the race organizers though.....packet pickup info on line said packet pickup yesterday from 12 - 6 pm.  So get off work, travel slowly through rush hour traffic, get to the pickup site...and the lady at the store there tells us - there was a group of us who showed up - that the packet lady closed up at 4 PM.  What the heck is up with that?  So now I have to go EARLY to the race site and the race does not even start until 9:15 a.m.  What is up with that?  I hope the packet pickup lady had some kind of emergency or something for which she had to leave - and everything turned out okay for her, of course - because, if not, pretty darn tacky just packing up and leaving, letting all the folks drive down there for nothing.  Definitely going to mention this to the RD today when I get to the race site.   OK, whining gripe over.

for some reason he is obsessed with my panties.  Well, FreeSoul, he is just starting to train early for puberty and high school...  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have a run with hubby tonight so anything between 4 and 10 will be my range today.

Damaris

LRB

2.5 miles in 20 minutes & 5 seconds done, almost perfect in terms of time and distance...not that I was watching my watch or anything. 

Coffee is brewing on the stove.

Explain. Do you not own a coffee maker?

No running, and no running errands. Pretty much planned this as a nothing day.

However upon glancing at the weather forecast I now have to completely rethink my wardrobe. Forecast is "high 53, low 46", which is what it has been showing all week, and is about perfect. I figured 46 at the start which is short sleeves with throwaway arm warmers & gloves; 50 at the finish, which is OK for standing around in sweaty running clothes, so no need for bag check. But the actual hourly forecast is:

7:00 - 35 / feels like 30

8:00 - 36 / 30

9:00 - 38 / 33

10:00 - 40 / 35

11:00 - 43 / 43

Not sure how they get "low 46" out of that. But that's probably long sleeves, if not 2 layers. And maybe even pants, or if not, throwaway pants to wear before the start, in which case I need to buy something. And probably want to have something dry available in gear check.

However I will not complain because (1) not hot, (2) no rain.

Dave

LRB

Not sure how they get "low 46" out of that. But that's probably long sleeves, if not 2 layers. And maybe even pants, or if not, throwaway pants to wear before the start, in which case I need to buy something. And probably want to have something dry available in gear check.

I was fine in my fleece throw-away jacket and shorts in similar temps in 2012, and that was with a half mile walk to the start and waiting in the corral.  If you do wear pants, take them shits off before the race...unless you feel you would rather have them.

The sun is the X factor here; if it is shining brightly it will feel much warmer than any of those temps would indicate (keep the 20 degree rule in mind), so there's yet another variable to consider...and maybe the most important one.

As for me, with feels like temps in the low 30's I will be dressed like the 'ho bag that I am.  Done. 

on my way to badass

Hi Dailies! Good luck racers! I ran 6.6 yesterday because I am teaching hunter safety all weekend and probably won't get to run. I think that makes 25ish for the week.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Brilliant

Hi Dailies! Good luck racers! I ran 6.6 yesterday because I am teaching hunter safety all weekend and probably won't get to run. I think that makes 25ish for the week.

Stonefence..."on my way to badass", really??  If you teach hunter safety, you are certified badass!!

No I'm off for my run; I've been awake since 4:30 really, when I heard my live-in hunter drive off for opening day of something or other.

LRB

Stonefence..."on my way to badass", really??  If you teach hunter safety, you are certified badass!! 

+ 1

I personally have never hunted but I know a million of them, men and women!

outoftheblue

I have a few minutes before our house guests are awake, so I thought I'd check in. Lots of good food, wine and company yesterday.  More on tap for today.  SRD #2.

Good luck tomorrow LRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is good.

B-Plus

Explain. Do you not own a coffee maker?

+1. French press? Stove top style? Something even older school?

I'm heading across town to do 11 with a competitor.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha Scotty, I just wish he wouldn't go after the dirty ones damn it. Lo

PRs