Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

B-Plus

Congrats Jay and Phil!

Who's Youssef?

happylily

Great PR, Phil! I know it was a scorcher there this morning. You kicked ass!

Woohoo, Jay! You are on fire, young man! New York City, get ready, a tornado is about to rip through your streets in 2015! (I mean this respectfully, not literally, of course.)

13 miles, about 8:25 pace. I took a break to check on our friends. Going back for another 3 now.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Heck I won't start the dailies, every time I do I hit post and see that someone had done it while I was typing it out. 

That happened one time FS, and yes I am counting!  It's happened to me a kabillion times and whenever it does I just change the title of my thread to what's your favorite recovery drink and keep right on steppin'.

LRB

Who's Youssef?

Do you actually read the dailies or just post.  lol

Lily's friend who is over 50 but runs like a gazelle.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would LOVE a race that starts at 6 AM rather than 7 AM, here that little hour can make a WHOLE lotta difference.

FYI: Jack's marathon started at 6 AM PST!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmm... I never thought of doing that 

And for the record I think it has happened twice to me 

That happened one time FS, and yes I am counting!  It's happened to me a kabillion times and whenever it does I just change the title of my thread to what's your favorite recovery drink and keep right on steppin'.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Jay, congrats on qualifying for NYC! Smile That's a pretty big achievement.

Phil, I know you're thinking about a shower and rest, but congrats from the Internet!

- Andrew

B-Plus

Do you actually read the dailies or just post.  lol

Lily's friend who is over 50 but runs like a gazelle.

Oops. I remember that now. Go Youssef!

happylily

Yes, Youssef, 56 years old and 3:14 and change. And that's right after Boston last month, where he ran another 3:14, or somewhere around that. Winters here do us a lot of good, it seems. (well, not me, but the other crazy runners here).

B-Plus

Yes, Youssef, 56 years old and 3:14 and change. And that's right after Boston last month, where he ran another 3:14, or somewhere around that. Winters here do us a lot of good, it seems. (well, not me, but the other crazy runners here).

Congrats to him. What a fast guy.

happylily

Congrats to him. What a fast guy.

He claims a tablespoon of pure maple syrup a day is his secret. But I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he runs 9 miles to and from work everyday, with a heavy backpack on him. 

LRB

He claims a tablespoon of pure maple syrup a day is his secret.

Speaking of maple syrup, I just ate a big ass bowl of vegetable fried rice at Pei Wei.  Not that fried rice has anything to do with maple syrup. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Speaking of maple syrup, I just ate a big ass bowl of vegetable fried rice at Pei Wei.  Not that fried rice has anything to do with maple syrup. 

I have never tried Pei Wei (I don't think there are any in Miami). Next time I am in Orlando I am trying it for sure.

Damaris

happylily

I have no idea what Pei Wei is, but I also had a huge bowl of fried rice I made last night, with chicken and lots of veggies. Of course, I poured a lot of soy sauce on it, so not sure it's very healthy. Now, I'm having lime nachos and salsa, along with sangria. It's Sunday, and it's summer, and to hell with being reasonable. Bring on the pounds!

Any news from Jack and his wife?

Hip Redux

I think the results are here but I don't see a JACK KLOMPUS listed.

http://results.active.com/events/mountains-2-beach

(I think he finished in ~3:55 if my name stalking is right lol)