Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #37 (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

Forgot to mention I tested the Stryd on the TM. The pace on the TM was 10:33 while the pace on the Stryd was closer to 12mm. And it definitely didn't feel like 12mm (but also not 10:33mm). It didn't help that ServPro put the TM looking towards the wall and when we turned it, I don't think we leveled it well against the mat underneath and it trembles. After 3 miles I was done and preferring ice on the road than that shit, lol.

Cy, forgot to ask, should I have turn the GPS off for the TM run? I felt I didn't need to since I got the distance and pace from the Stryd. Here is my lovely map:

I don't do TM, as you know, but for indoor track I use the "Run Indoor" app of my watch as opposed to the "Run" app for outdoor running. The GPS is turned off on the "Run Indoor" app, per Garmin design, so I don't get GPS trace when I use it.

onemile

Here's an interesting (bad) review of the Brooks Hyperion Elite

I had no idea they are advertising a 50-100 mile lifespan on this shoe. Holy shit.

onemile

I don't do TM, as you know, but for indoor track I use the "Run Indoor" app of my watch as opposed to the "Run" app for outdoor running. The GPS is turned off on the "Run Indoor" app, per Garmin design, so I don't get GPS trace when I use it.

Yes, did you choose 'Treadmill' on your garmin? That would turn the GPS off for you.

onemile

Mine has options for both 'Treadmill' and 'Indoor track'

Cyberic

Is your groin okay for easy running still?

Have't stopped my run commutes, and the situation is improving, so yes. But right after my run on the track, I was limping when walking, and limping when jogging. Today, I still feel it, but it has definitely improved. I'm afraid of hitting the track again tomorrow at lunch.

onemile

Have't stopped my run commutes, and the situation is improving, so yes. But right after my run on the track, I was limping when walking, and limping when jogging. Today, I still feel it, but it has definitely improved. I'm afraid of hitting the track again tomorrow at lunch.

I wouldn't risk it

Cyberic

Mine has options for both 'Treadmill' and 'Indoor track'

I don't have a Mr.O to always keep me up to date on Garmin tech.

onemile

I don't have a Mr.O to always keep me up to date on Garmin tech.

Sad!

Cyberic

I wouldn't risk it

But we're gonne get buried in snow today and tomorrow, so if I don't hit the track, no workout possible.

onemile

But we're gonne get buried in snow today and tomorrow, so if I don't hit the track, no workout possible.

if you are semi-injured, doing a workout doesn't seem wise. I'd just go easy and add something quality to your weekend run if you are feeling better by then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, did you choose 'Treadmill' on your garmin? That would turn the GPS off for you.

I didn't. I just turned on the watch and used the FP.

On the Garmin, I have no idea where to find indoors or tm mode.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

if you are semi-injured, doing a workout doesn't seem wise. I'd just go easy and add something quality to your weekend run if you are feeling better by then.

Damaris

LRB

I didn't. I just turned on the watch and used the FP.

On the Garmin, I have no idea where to find indoors or tm mode.

After hitting the start button to acquire a satellite, you toggle through the options.

Cyberic

Probably the wisest thing to do, and yeah I could probably put some HM pace in one of my weekend runs.

For the first time in a couple of years, I'm giving the TM some thought. Not there yet, but there's an argument for it. I get hurt everytime I start running fast on the indoor track. It's the hip, the ankle, the Achilles, the groin... Always something. If I want to run fast during the winter, maybe the TM is the solution 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After hitting the start button to acquire a satellite, you toggle through the options.

OK, I'll try that. It normally is immediately ready to run but I guess moving the arrows will take off the GPS. Doubt that would have changed the pace which came from the Stryd but at least the map would be gone.

Damaris