Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #37 (Read 29 times)

onemile

OK, I'll try that. It normally is immediately ready to run but I guess moving the arrows will take off the GPS. Doubt that would have changed the pace which came from the Stryd but at least the map would be gone.

No, instead of hitting the button to choose Run, you pick one of the other options and THEN it acquires the satellite (or doesn't if you choose indoors)

bluerun

Super B****

Unrelated to anything, but that's okay since I'm the queen of non sequiturs... does anyone else see anything, um... "off" about this? (It helps if I include that the marathons range from 4:18 to 5:55.)

Mile 5:23
      HM: 1:35
      5k: 18:33
      10M: 1:10
      18M: 2:37
      HMx29 Mx7

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

DavePNW

Here's an interesting (bad) review of the Brooks Hyperion Elite

I had no idea they are advertising a 50-100 mile lifespan on this shoe. Holy shit.

Wow, that’s a pretty awful review! I don’t usually read running shoe reviews, since I just keep buying the same models over & over anyway. I guess Desi was happy with them though! Unless they’ve made a lot of changes. And yeah, if I ever thought I might drop $250 on a shoe, that lifespan would make it a big nope. What does the VF advertise? I’d figure less than a training shoe, but certainly not by that much. Hard to believe Brooks would put out that figure if it didn’t match the industry standard. Especially since that number’s gotta be pretty subjective.

Dave

sdWhiskers

4 easy miles around the neighborhood. Still pants and gloves weather.

Baboon--beautiful skiing pictures! It feels like half my group at work is in Mammoth right now for skiing holidays (about 8 h drive north).

Cyber--I'd also skip workouts until your groin is 100%. Since speed during winter gives you issues, how about more easy hill running instead? ("hills are speed in disguise")

DavePNW

Unrelated to anything, but that's okay since I'm the queen of non sequiturs... does anyone else see anything, um... "off" about this? (It helps if I include that the marathons range from 4:18 to 5:55.)

HMx29 Mx7

What are we looking at?

Dave

onemile

Wow, that’s a pretty awful review! I don’t usually read running shoe reviews, since I just keep buying the same models over & over anyway. I guess Desi was happy with them though! Unless they’ve made a lot of changes. And yeah, if I ever thought I might drop $250 on a shoe, that lifespan would make it a big nope. What does the VF advertise? I’d figure less than a training shoe, but certainly not by that much. Hard to believe Brooks would put out that figure if it didn’t match the industry standard. Especially since that number’s gotta be pretty subjective.

I thought the VF advertised 300km (~180 miles)

LRB

OK, I'll try that. It normally is immediately ready to run but I guess moving the arrows will take off the GPS. Doubt that would have changed the pace which came from the Stryd but at least the map would be gone.

If you didn't go into the menu and set it to get the pace and distance from the Stryd then you're getting it from the internal accelerometer, which is notoriously whack.

onemile

Cyber--I'd also skip workouts until your groin is 100%. Since speed during winter gives you issues, how about more easy hill running instead? ("hills are speed in disguise")

I don't think 'easy hill running' is speed in disguise. 

bluerun

Super B****

What are we looking at?

List of PRs. Belonging to the same person.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Here's an interesting (bad) review of the Brooks Hyperion Elite

I had no idea they are advertising a 50-100 mile lifespan on this shoe. Holy shit.

HA! This makes me so glad the carbon plate thing doesn't seem to help me at all.

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

In the settings in the Garmin app, you can choose what activities appear on this screen, so you may have to set it up there first.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 8.8 in an inch or so of new snow.  Pretty windy on the way out but nice return with the wind at my back.  Ran fairly easy but pace was decent after some tempo yesterday.  Wore my spikes/gripper things and had no issues with traction. I keep them on an older pair of shoes so I don't have to put them on/take them off.  I have also been duct taping (couple strips) the toes of my shoes so they are nice and warm with regular socks. Cheap winter running shoes!

DW and DD are both sick and I think I'm right on the edge.  Been taking Mucinex and a little ibuprofen the last few days and, so far, have staved it (sinus infection/cold) off.

OneMile - nice run.  Had to feel great to get back at it post marathon

DR - welcome to the (sleety/snowy/icy) Midwest!

Baboon - awesome skiing!

sdWhiskers

HMx29 Mx7

Those paces are much faster than anything I'm familiar with  

But I know my Coach runs around that 5k right now and her HM is at least 10 mins faster.

onemile

List of PRs. Belonging to the same person.

We don't really know what year they were run though... maybe some are newer and some are older