Beginners and Beyond

Race Report: 2013 Jerusalem Marathon (Read 139 times)

Congrats, Basya!!  I was looking forward to reading this and seeing how it all came together for you.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

@runjerseygirl

Congratulations!!!

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

I'm so jealous, sounds like you had a blast!! You are also making me hungry with all those food descriptions. I hope you took lots of pics Smile Congrats Basya!!!

flarunner

Congratulations Basya! So glad you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see any pics.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Basya! Nice report, very descriptive!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Congrats!

LRB

It's been cool following your journey the past year in the dailies.  Now, what once seemed like it was a lifetime away, soon, will seem like it happened a lifetime ago.

Congrats on the completion of one journey, and the beginning of the next one, with experience!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Basya!!!!! congrats! You worked so hard, very proud of you! I enjoyed the RR and especially how you included details of other parts of your trip! All that food sounds yummy!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

It's been cool following your journey the past year in the dailies.  Now, what once seemed like it was a lifetime away, soon, will seem like it happened a lifetime ago.

Congrats on the completion of one journey, and the beginning of the next one, with experience!

Nicely said...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice RR and you sure got that up quick.Smile Great race and sounds like a fun race. Rest and recover well.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congrats, Basya! I liked reading your report and following your journey along the way. I'm running my first marathon in September, and although it's nowhere as exotic as Israel (it's a small, local race) I really enjoyed reading your point of view. I'm glad you had a great time. Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats!!  Sounds like a great trip and race! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

Congrats! I visited Israel years ago and your description was terrific. I would love to return.

marathon pr - 3:16

Pinktastic

Basya, Congrats on running a PINKTASTIC race!!  I am so happy for you!!  Thank you for sharing your journey leading up to this race through the dailies, and I look forward to following your progress toward your next goal!!  Bask in the joy of a well run race!!  I hope your recovery goes well and that you are able to sleep soundly tonight!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Wonderful! I was just there in December and have a dear friend who ran the half. Very hilly.

Shabbat Shalom.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.