Beginners and Beyond

Race Report: 2013 Jerusalem Marathon (Read 139 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congrats on your first Basya. You're a heck of a well-rounded athlete, and you ran a great time on a tough course. I'm excited for you that you got to explore the city so much and that you've had such a great time. Enjoy the rest of it, and safe travels.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

SheCan

That is such an exotic,  wonderful trip.   Good for you for taking the time to really get out and visit the city.  This is more of a Experience Report then just a Race Report.  Congratulations to you, and thank you for sharing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Ball of Fury

Great RR and fantastic job on a tough course!  Congratulations again!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Just B.S.

So happy for you!! Loved your report and sounds like you are having a wonderful time!

Congrats!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job on your race! I was getting hungry reading about all that food, mmmmm!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Congratulations, seems like you had an awesome time; really enjoyed the RR.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Israel is such an amazing and wonderful country. Thanks for the RR, it made me feel like I was walking through the Old City again.  Congrats on the race!

Great job Basya, congratulations!

Very cool that you got to race in Israel, happy for you.  Have a safe trip home.

Congrats Basya! Great RR.

Zelanie

Congratulations!  I'm so glad you enjoyed the race and your sightseeing.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I couldn't get past I don't like pizza.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Luke79

Sounds like a good experience.  I like how your RR describes the environment and wonderful foods, and then is like oh yeah, and I ran a marathon too lol.

Did you happen to see Bluerun out there?

Thanks for your support, everyone. Y'all gave me the cojones to drag myself to the gym or outside, even when I didn't feel like it. I owe you lots.

I feel good. A bit sore, but really, really good. I can't believe I did it.

Misty

Congrats!! You did great!

Misty

Bless your heart.

There's one photo of me from the race. And I can't insert:/

Here's a link to the photo, which was taken just outside the Old City:

http://www.shots.co.il/PhotoMarket/PersonalGalleryPF.aspx?e=events/20130301jrm&b=240&c=80#