Beginners and Beyond

1 Mile Race Report: Third Time's the Charm! (Read 123 times)

robinde

Congrats!!

Baboon

delicate flower

That is most impressive, sir!

<3

Hip Redux

I'm reading this and went "Hey!  I said that!"  LOL  I may not be a great runner, but I have played sports and been in competition for most of my life - and you quickly learn how important it is to not listen to your inner self sometimes Smile

You didn't just hit the sub-6, you freaking blew right by it!    I would give you a dancing banana, but I don't know where that emoti is.  Big grin

Dr. Cornsitter

+1 to the dancing banana. You killed it!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

#artbydmcbride

Nice job!  Something tells me you have faster mile races to race also.  Cool

banana

Runners run

Dr. Cornsitter

banana

There it is!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

banana

YAY!

SheCan

Congratulations LRB!!!!  I swear you have no limits.  I know this sounds silly, but we've all got to see improve and grow, it's like you've done this for all of us.  That time is just super fast.  Love that you got one of the top metals, too!  Great job you!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

...it's like you've done this for all of us. 

Does that make me the son of the B & B, or a son of a B?  ; )

Seriously though, I share the good, the bad and the ugly because someone may learn something, or at a minimum, get a good laugh.

Ultimately, for those of us who love to run, the forums allow us to share our running successes and failures with like minded individuals, where that may not always be the case with our friends in real life.  Many of whom couldn't care less about our sport.

SheCan

Does that make me the son of the B & B, or a son of a B?  ; )

LMAO, only in the best possible way.

Seriously though, I share the good, the bad and the ugly because someone may learn something, or at a minimum, get a good laugh.

Ultimately, for those of us who love to run, the forums allow us to share our running successes and failures with like minded individuals, where that may not always be the case with our friends in real life.  Many of whom couldn't care less about our sport.

Yes, I'm glad this forum is still here, despite the fights, and that there's still people willing to share and trust here.   As a runner, I love hearing everyone's running stories, and would hate it to end because silly bickering.  Thank you for still sharing with us!  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

outoftheblue

What a fabulous race.  Congrats!

Life is good.

happylily

I never imagined that defeating the urge to self preserve could be a good thing... But it really is what it's all about in the shorter races... It must be tough to convince yourself that it's ok to push, even though you feel like you're about to die... Congratulations, Rick, you da man!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Thanks peeps!

I never imagined that defeating the urge to self preserve could be a good thing...

My race successes or failures usually begin and end in my head, so I am willing to try any tidbit I can to help me achieve my goals, however insignificant it may seem.

In the case of an all out sprint, it is only natural for the body to want to slow down.  Our charge then is to delay the inevitable for as long as we possibly can, while maintaining a semblance of the intensity we began with.

In the longer distances and especially the marathon, your sub-position would probably be correct.

happylily

Thanks peeps!

My race successes or failures usually begin and end in my head, so I am willing to try any tidbit I can to help me achieve my goals, however insignificant it may seem.

In the case of an all out sprint, it is only natural for the body to want to slow down.  Our charge then is to delay the inevitable for as long as we possibly can, while maintaining a semblance of the intensity we began with.

In the longer distances and especially the marathon, your sub-position would probably be correct.

Excellent observation.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That is so impressive....amazing job!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to