Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

Les Habs?

I am afraid to put my Boston sticker on anything, because it feels like too much of a commitment.

Not much of a commitment on a garbage can 

bluerun

Super B****

Truth. Knowing this I'll still almost always go at least until I learn the route, some of which can get confusing. Took me forever to learn the Hansons route despite it only being like 7 turns. 

OMG you should see some of the drama that happens when someone gets dropped on a group run... I never complained about it because I just expect that to happen to me in life, but some people get REALLY bent out of shape over it. And then it turns into this whole official thing and the board gets involved and really, it is not that serious.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Shrek, of course. 

Good answer!

Baboon

delicate flower

Any sticker you guys recognize?

This is hurtful to me.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Anyone else watching this sportyball game?  The Patriots lose last night, and now New Orleans is down 10?  Interesting weekend.

<3

From the Internet.

Hip is not, like, in PAIN, but not feeling ideal either after the hills yesterday afternoon, so I bagged my planned long run. Womp womp. Jogged a short streak shuffle to warm up/assess how bad it feels (on a scale of 1-10 I would say it's like, 1 or 1.5?, but that's more than I want for something unilateral and weird vs normal fatigue/soreness before a long run or a workout) and then followed up with some stretching/rolling/strength stuff instead. Having to be smart is the worst, but being for real injured would be even worse than that.

LRB

OMG you should see some of the drama that happens when someone gets dropped on a group run... I never complained about it because I just expect that to happen to me in life, but some people get REALLY bent out of shape over it. And then it turns into this whole official thing and the board gets involved and really, it is not that serious.

Well, to be fair, there should be a sweeper to account for everyone that started the thing and for those who don't know the route. With the main group that I run with on occasion, that is all figured out before we take off so that no child is left behind. <----couldn't resist. 

LRB

Anyone else watching this sportyball game?  The Patriots lose last night, and now New Orleans is down 10?  Interesting weekend.

If this keeps up, Imma head out for groceries ffs

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yep. Saints seem to be getting really frustrated.

DavePNW

Hip is not, like, in PAIN, but not feeling ideal either after the hills yesterday afternoon, so I bagged my planned long run. Womp womp. Jogged a short streak shuffle to warm up/assess how bad it feels (on a scale of 1-10 I would say it's like, 1 or 1.5?, but that's more than I want for something unilateral and weird vs normal fatigue/soreness before a long run or a workout) and then followed up with some stretching/rolling/strength stuff instead. Having to be smart is the worst, but being for real injured would be even worse than that.

This totally, I hate it. My run better go OK tomorrow, otherwise I will be forced to be dumb.

Dave

Cyberic

This is hurtful to me.

Next one I get, if ever, I'll send it to you by mail if you want. 

I simply don't know where to put a sticker.

sdWhiskers

Well, to be fair, there should be a sweeper to account for everyone that started the thing and for those who don't know the route. With the main group that I run with on occasion, that is all figured out before we take off so that no child is left behind. <----couldn't resist. 

I have been left to fend for myself on every group run that I've done (3 different ones here).

bluerun

Super B****

True, I suppose. The one and only time I did a group run and didn't end up alone was when I was a pace group leader. Which means I was the one who had to get us to our destination. That anyone would trust me to know where I am going is absolutely hilarious because I can get lost crossing the street.

But sometimes these aren't, like, official runs with a predetermined route -- just, whoever wants to run shows up at the designated time and then people split off into groups with like paces, and they decide on a route on the spot based on how long people want to go. Sometimes people get upset if there's nobody running their pace, either, which is just silly. (That tends to be what happens to me -- there's the fast group, which I can sometimes keep up with but don't necessarily want to, and the slow group, which is sometimes too slow for me to run without having my form fall apart. Ergo, I end up running alone. Which is so strange since I think my easy pace is pretty common! But I'm probably also hurt by the fact that most people do their long runs on Saturdays, and I have no choice but to do mine on Sunday.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have my usual routes, but every so often mix it up by running each court in the development near me. I'd lived her for 18 years when I ran a court less than a mile from home and discovered there is a small private cemetary at the end of the row of townhouses. My current mix-up has been adding trail running into my long run. Option 1 is to run to the regional park, about 4 miles, run on the trails some, then run home. Option 2 is to run most of a long run and then jump into the state park for about 1.5 miles, coming out about 1 mile from home. Adds some variety and I get practice picking my feet up so maybe when I do the trail race in February I don't kick the rocks again.

Cyberic

Mona info (I'll put it in the links when I'm on a computer). For now,.just the links

http://nateruns.blogspot.com/2015/01/monaghetti-fartlek.html?m=1