Beginners and Beyond

Paris Marathon RR (Read 85 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sorry you didn't have the race you wanted but you still ran outstanding. Just gives you an excuse to return to Paris. And when you do,  take me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Sorry you didn't have the race you wanted but you still ran outstanding. Just gives you an excuse to return to Paris. And when you do, take me and LRB. Imagine the shenanigans!

LRB

You have put together some solid training the past year and have a nice streak of completed marathons going. Keep at it, pick your races and race day performances carefully, and you are going to lop a chunk off that time!

LRB

On a side note, absent were pics of yummy, tasty and delicious food. You were in Paris, nothing? Not even a French fry?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ooh, taking you and Bertha Slayer would be fun, LRB!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On a side note, absent were pics of yummy, tasty and delicious food. You were in Paris, nothing? Not even a French fry?

LOL.  I have pics of some of the food.  Let me see what I can come up with.  All food was delicious!

Damaris

happylily

LOL.  I have pics of some of the food.  Let me see what I can come up with.  All food was delicious!

Didn't you eat at the Hard Rock Café? How much French food do they serve there?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Ahh, that was pretty good, lil. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

The view from your room is great. It sucks that your lungs did not behave, hopefully you can find the right race conditions.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ooh, taking you and Bertha Slayer would be fun, LRB!

Like.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Cyberic

Anything above 165 HR makes me lungs congest and get full of phlegm. 

Yikes! I'm not even sure I will reach 165 BPM in my coming 5K. My max HR is about 168-170.

Congrats on the race Damaris. The day you get a respite from asthma in a marathon (perfect weather or something), you are going to kill that PR by so much!

Little Blue

You matched your PR, with the asthma, AND being slowed quite a bit at every water stop.  Just take that out of the equation and the picture changes.  A smaller race with better flow, and you'll knock the cover off the ball regardless of the asthma.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That was my lunch post marathon.  I wanted a burger and nachos.  Only place to get it there!  But the rest were awesome meats and stuff.  As usual, the best food I have ever had.

And wine, wine galore.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You matched your PR, with the asthma, AND being slowed quite a bit at every water stop.  Just take that out of the equation and the picture changes.  A smaller race with better flow, and you'll knock the cover off the ball regardless of the asthma.

That's how I think about it now.  Of course, when I crossed that finish line I was less than pleased but time gives one more perspective.

Thanks, guys.  Now I'm salivating at the food picture I just posted.

Damaris

happylily

The meat looks succulent, but what's with the fat fries? And the little squiggle of brown sauce? The French always try to impress with their squiggly things...

Were the trees in bloom?  The flowers out? Was Paris clean or dirty looking? Were Parisians pleasant? Tell us more!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010