Beginners and Beyond

Happy Winter Solstice FRIDAY Penguins! (Read 167 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty!  I have one two.  The wind will be brutal.  Contrary to you, we have a HM next weekend too.  So excited for my last two races of the year.  Just for fun.

I AM NOT OLD AND DO NOT FEEL OLD!  If you keep this, I'll pull out my whip!

A whip AND no teeth!  Ohhhhhh, baby baby!  Joking  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Scotty, you brought so much laughter to us. Haaa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Hey everyone, last work night(2nd shift) and then off for 4 days. It's really cold and windy here, as is the rest of the country. I'm going to break out the new tights here in just a few, but first I have to pick up one of the grandkids from school.

Scotty, 73 races is a lot, I think I've done 9.

Kristin, boo on the being sick.

Bin, that would be a big score in my book if you get the money.

Zelanie

Good morning!  It's the first day of winter break for me!  Too bad the dogs don't know about "sleeping in"!

I posted pretty late last night but it stopped raining before the social run and I ended up running my fastest non-race pace ever- 8:52 for the 5.22 mile route!  The whole time I was thinking that I was holding back the woman I was running with, and she was thinking she was holding me back.  I think the reality is that we're pretty evenly matched and I enjoy running with her.  So maybe I just have to plan for running club to be a faster day most of the time.

Today I'm thinking I might want to run 10 miles for the first time.  When I ran my HM plan by the forum at large, the consensus was that an 8 mile LR was probably fine for now.  But, week 1 of my plan starts with a 10 mile LR, and I guess I don't want to be worried about anything in week 1.  I want it to feel like a bit of an easy week, a bit of a cutback in miles and all workouts I know that I can do.  There's a duck pond loop I think I can add to the end of my LR route that I think will get me about there.  But it is 37 degrees and raining atm, boo.

Kristi- Hope the work day passes quickly and that the play goes well!

Gustav- You are going to be so much stronger when you get back to running!  I know there are a lot of injuries that runners can get because they don't do enough strength work and get imbalances.  So you won't have to worry about that!

Bin- Good luck on the fitness test!  You have penguin power pulling for you!

D- With the kind of miles that you run, I would think that an extended recovery might just be what you needed.

Kristin- Feel better soon!

Jerry- Good luck on the track!  Are you two doing a track workout or just a regular run on the track?

Scotty- Hooray for getting your car back, and good luck tomorrow!

Brady- Thanks for reminding me that I can get some good points at least if I run in the rain.

Zelanie

Mitch- Hope you love the new tights!

SheCan

Morning everyone!  It feels kind of weird to be here this early, but its only because I haven't ran yet!  It's cold (for here) so I'm just waiting a bit for it to warm up.   

Docket, you should pull out that whip tomorrow for Scotty's race.  Good luck to both of you @ your races tomorrow.

Bin-  good luck getting that gold standard!  That would be awesome and would sure help pay for Christmas.  

Kristin hope you start feeling better soon.

hog4life- enjoy your days off!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Happy non end of the world everyone!  Glad you're all still here! Smile 

I'll run later, did some present opening this morning before we head to Grandma's this weekend.

I'm normal!!!  Well, maybe not, but I am finally in the "normal" weight range.  For the first time since I was 19 (1994), I am no longer overweight.  My weight loss has been pretty stagnant the last few months, even went back up into the 190s for a while, but I wasn't worried, because I was still losing bodyfat.  I've lost 3 inches off my waist since August, while staying relatively the same weight.  Lil recomping going on. 

Hope everyone has a great day, and Happy Winter Solstice!! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Story Problem.  Jerry  ran for 40 minutes on a 11 laps/mile track.  laps were say, 55 seconds.  Jerry did not count the laps.  How far did Jerry run?  Extra credit, how fast did Jerry run?  Any math teachers out there?

Mmmmm...beer

Story Problem.  Jerry  ran for 40 minutes on a 11 laps/mile track.  laps were say, 55 seconds.  Jerry did not count the laps.  How far did Jerry run?  Extra credit, how fast did Jerry run?  Any math teachers out there?

About 4 miles (3.96), given the parameters listed. Smile  Approximately 44 laps (43.63) @ 10:00/mile pace. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

I think somebody posted that they bring a bag of raisins to their indoor track workout, with one raisin per lap that they want to do.  Every time they finish a lap, they eat one.  When the bag is empty, they're done and they know how far they went.  I might do that with M&Ms instead, though. Smile

She Can- Hope it warms up and you get your run in!

well folks I am not sure how much posting I will be doing for the next few days. I am about to head out to see some family and friends from back home. My sisters and I have an 18 miler planned for sunday and then its time to taper.

I am glad to see that we survived the end of the world and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and gets in some miles. If you travel, be safe and watch out for the crazies out there.

Peace and Chicken Grease,

Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Thanks, penguins. Will try my very best to get that gold award. 

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: Go for it! Will you be wearing your headband?

I just got in from a VERY hilly 8 miles. One climb was about 500' and steep. I had to walk the last bit and my pace was 10:20 for that stretch. I can't tell which is worse; going up or down. My knees will tell me later, I suppose. 

Happy Friday.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Sorry I don't have time to do personals today.  I'm in a bit of a rush getting last minute things done before I head off to the airport.  I just thought I would pop in and say hey and read everyone's post.  I don't know how much time I will have to post during my vacation so I wanted to tell everyone Happy Holidays in case I don't post again for awhile. 

I got 5 in  this morning.  I ran at a park near my house to change things up a little.  On one side of the trail the park  backs up into a subdivision so one side is all houses (backyards).  I was running and got a whiff of laundry detergent/fabric softener (something that smelled really good). Somebody was up bright and early this morning doing their laundry and making the park smell good.  It's the little things in life....

I'm off to spend some much needed time on an island.  I can't wait to run on the beach!

If anyone is running this weekend, good luck and good luck to you Bin on your test tomorrow.

Don't believe everything you think. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

About 4 miles (3.96), given the parameters listed. Smile  Approximately 44 laps (43.63) @ 10:00/mile pace. 

Since we run on the outside lane, it was probably closer to 9:59 mpm  !!!

Mel, would M&M work.  Raisins make me fart.

Thanks  !!!!