Beginners and Beyond

It's my first Fridalies (Read 54 times)

LRB

I've almost fallen a million times, but can't remember the last time I actually went down.

I almost fell while running once and stumbled so far that I wished I had fallen!

onemile

Ate & drank too much last night at a business dinner, didn't get home till 11. Woke up 10 min before my 4:45 alarm anyway, and went out and destroyed my tempo. I guess I found the magic formula. 8 miles w/4 continuous. Way too fast for tempo, but just felt like it. I haven't actually raced since Labor Day, so my body was itching for it. My body should be careful what it wishes for, in 9 days it will be very sorry.

Nice!

LRB

When the clock struck 5:20 this morning, I hit dismiss and fully intended to go back to sleep. But then I thought about all the wine I drank, all the butter I ate, and the milk and dark chocolate and caramel squares I threw down right before bed and somehow managed to get up and run. Now I have an excuse to do it all again. 

onemile

When the clock struck 5:20 this morning, I hit dismiss and fully intended to go back to sleep. But then I thought about all the wine I drank, all the butter I ate, and the milk and dark chocolate and caramel squares I threw down right before bed and somehow managed to get up and run. Now I have an excuse to do it all again. 

I had my alarm set for 5:20 this morning but the dog went off at 4am 

LRB

lol - Good one!

GC100k

GC100: I find too aggressive tread pattern tends to catch more, and use road shoes on the dry rocky trails here. You can trim the tread down some to suit your needs on trail shoes and it will help. 

Ya, I ran rooty, rocky trails for 20+ years before I ever got my first pair of trail shoes. I've run these same trails as well as an ultra on similar trails in this same pair of shoes and like them quite a bit, but maybe I'll wear road shoes if I'm trying to run fast.

zzyzx

Lifting: abs, lat pulldown, seated leg press, torso rotation

Exercise bike 30 minutes level 13 hill setting 10.12 miles.

I signed up for a 10k on the 15th yesterday so I want to go 7-8 tomorrow so the 6.2 will feel easy.

No more marathons

Our GSD went off about 5 this morning, but fortunately DW answered the call and I stayed soundly asleep until 6:45.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

GinnyinPA

GC100 - my most recent fall was exactly the same - easy downhill grade on an old forest road so I was running fast, tripped over a stone and ended up smashing my ribs. The previous two were less obvious: one on a road and one on a canal towpath - at those I smashed a knee, a rib and my shoulder. My shoulder still has limited mobility and some pain. I decided that trail running is not a good idea for me.  I don't always ift my feet high enough to avoid rocks and roots, especially when moving faster.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've got an easy run after work.  I've got my first truly long run in a year this weekend.  I can't decide if I should do it tomorrow in awesome running weather but on tired legs after yesterday's run, or do it Sunday on slightly more rested legs but in warm, humid, windy, and rainy weather.  My PLAN says to do it Sunday, but Coach always says to move stuff around if weather is an issue.

Do it in the heat and humidity so you can practice for Space Coast.  Most likely 64+ dewpoints.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Do it in the heat and humidity so you can practice for Space Coast.  Most likely 64+ dewpoints.

That's basically what I have been running in for the past seven months.  64 dew point would be an improvement over what I'm used to right now.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's basically what I have been running in for the past seven months.  64 dew point would be an improvement over what I'm used to right now.

That’s the best case scenario. Central FL gets that low on dewpoints in Winter. But I would expect at least those dewpoints as the minimum so your LR will be good practice. Right now the dewpoint is 77.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I stand corrected. Dewpoint is 79 right now.

Damaris

LRB

I stand corrected. Dewpoint is 79 right now.

Living in paradise is nice but having seasons is cool too. I could not imagine living in one season year round and having that one season be a hot one...are you sure you didn't die and got sentenced to hell. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don't run trails that much,  but find this time of year challenging since the leaves hide roots and rocks. I usually don't see the root, just learn of it's presence when I trip on it.