Beginners and Beyond

Cancer/Smancher...the heck with it, still going.... (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cancer is gone but the side effects linger on....but the heck with it; won't let it get me down and am trying to be as consistent as possible.

Did two more races over this past weekend, brining me up to a total of 35 5K races for the year.  I don't set any records, lol, but I get them all done.  I actually am feeling better; not quite my old self yet, it takes time, but I'm getting there.  Meanwhile I will keep on keepin' on.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Y'all having any heat where you are?  Texas weather has been crazy, we have had several days in the 100s already and tomorrow the feels like temp may hit 112 degrees, good grief!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad to hear the cancer is gone. Keep on keeping on!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay, to be cancer free! That's 33 more races on the year than I have. I don;t envy the TX weather right now.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Eff cancer. I'm glad you're not letting it hold you back.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

GinnyinPA

You've not just beaten the cancer, you also have heart issues you've managed to get past in order to keep on running. You are an inspiration in persistence. I've thought about you when the evening news talked about the heat wave in your part of Texas. I hope it breaks soon, as I can't imagine running in that.