Beginners and Beyond

Out the door to run SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Have it it kids...

Hip Redux

Waiting to see if I can catch D as she crosses the start!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Didn't get my 16 in this morning thanks to someone waking up around the same time as my alarm and not falling back to sleep. Hoping I can get it in tonight after 6.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Quiet here this morning.

Good luck Damaris & Mr. Oski!

16 miles for me, at 8:33 avg pace, well faster than my usual LR pace, with last 2 miles at 8:08 & 8:01.

Finally working on including fuel & water (while still avoiding carrying a water bottle). There is a Panera on my route, which is open early & has cups by the fountain drinks for water. Brought 2 gels with me, took them followed by a Panera water stop at miles 5 & 10. Today was pretty muggy, so it probably helped.

60.4 for the week. Avg pace for the week was 8:40, I think my fastest ever week that didn't include a race.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Dave

B-Plus

I'm going to run 16 miles. I hope my back/shoulder cooperates. Really tight ever since I fell asleep on the couch the other night.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh yeah, good luck D and Mr. Oski!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Just a few easy miles this AM finishing out a 68 mile week. Easy peasy

(Scotty I didn't make it down to the missions, but close, just a half mile away. )

Lots if 16 milers around lately!  I get one on Monday morning.

delicate flower

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

So about that sleep...I slept 10.5 hours last night after taking a 90 minute nap in the afternoon.  That might be an issue tonight or tomorrow night.  Oh well.  Sleep = good.  I didn't each much yesterday on account of stomach issues, so DW and I went out for breakfast this morning and I ordered two separate dishes (the French toast plus the breakfast combo).  I needed that!

I'll be tagging along with DW on her 8 miler later.  It'll be a muggy one.

<3

outoftheblue

Good luck Mr Oski and Damaris!   Wish I was with you.

Heading back to the foothills  from the coast tonight.  I'm hoping my broody hen is OK, she's on day 18 of her clutch, which means if chicks are going to hatch, it's going to happen in a couple of days.  And, of course, its 100 degrees there, poor girl.  After my last experience, I'm be thrilled to even get one live chick.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hopefully that's a good omen that mine will happen tonight and without any issues... I hate doing my LRs at night or towards evening.

(Scotty I didn't make it down to the missions, but close, just a half mile away. )

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Slept in a little bit today, got up a little past 7 a.m. and headed for a nearby local park, my favorite park in San Antonio for running.  Lots of trails, both on-and-off road, a dog park in the park, lots of restrooms and water fountains available everywhere.  This is the largest park in San Antonio so at this park a runner can get a run in from 1 mile to over 20 miles.

This morning I did trails.  My run/walk today went much better than yesterday's, probably because yesterday for lunch and dinner I finally managed to eat some solid food and keep it down, so that probably helped with my 'fueling."  I still went pretty slow but  today I did not have to do any extra walking.  My combination is run 8 minutes/walk 2 minutes and I completed all my running segments in good order.   I did 3.1 miles.  A bit tired after I finished, my body telling me I am still not back 100% yet from that stupid virus I had;  but I did well today, all things considered, so that was a good feeling, both physically and mentally.

I was thinking about Sly Moon when I was running, hoping he did okay for his intended run today.  He texted me last night he was going to go on the other side of the Riverwalk this morning and shoot for getting to the old Spanish Missions.  I was thinking about it later and thought,  "dang', that's a pretty fair piece of running from his hotel to the Missions.  I've done some races on that side of the Riverwalk, starting and we went quite a ways toward the Missions and our turn-around point was still a ways from the Missions.  The DRIVE distance to the Missions from the pub where Sly was last night is 5 miles and is a pretty straight drive; so, since the Riverwalk winds around quite a bit, I'm guessing one way from pub to Missions via Riverwalk is about 8 miles or so...one way.  Good luck, Sly!   Hope he made it!    Super nice guy!  If you ever get a chance to FE with him don't pass it up.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have it it kids...

"it it'?   That sounds like it belongs in the 'grits' conversation, and a drawling Southerner is telling his kids "I have it it kids...it's gooood!"

Translation for you Northerners:  "I have eaten it, kids..it's tasty!" 

Or maybe, LRB, you should have someone it-it your posts for spelling...like a book ititor... 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, just saw this after I'd already posted.  Sorry you didn't make it, but dang, a half-mile away, wow!  Impressive?  How many miles was it round-trip?  I assume you did not take my suggestion of going one way and then having your wife come pick you up. 

68 miles for the weeks, congrats. You got just about 4 times my mileage for the week, lol.

LRB

"it it'?   That sounds like it belongs in the 'grits' conversation, and a drawling Southerner is telling his kids "I have it it kids...it's gooood!"

Translation for you Northerners:  "I have eaten it, kids..it's tasty!" 

Or maybe, LRB, you should have someone it-it your posts for spelling...like a book ititor... 

lol

LRB

'Sup!

I got 12.5 miles done which is my longest run since March 29!  Pretty pathetic I know but 'ya gotta start somewhere and for me today was the beginning of a long 12 weeks.

Now I am off to see Hercules, see ya!