Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies are right here (Read 30 times)

DavePNW

Starting his from the left coast? Lame!

7 miles with 12 strides.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello, lovelies.  I swam 2800 yards before work.  I ran 30 miles at a 7:07 pace between Sunday and Monday, and my legs are rightfully tired.  I've got an easy recovery run to do later.  I am happy I got that tempo run done last night.  Roads had a fresh coat of snow and freezing rain on them this morning.

DW heads to Florida this afternoon for five days to do the Disney 10K and HM, and bop around Universal Studios all week.  I am jealous but I am glad she is going even though I can't (work).  I do have two races this weekend myself...a 10K and a 17 miler, although the latter will just be a training run.  Both races will cost me a total of $7.  DW will spend...more...on her two races.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Hubby got my cold and he was in bed this morning crying that he was dying or something.  Good...

Damaris

Cyberic

Both races will cost me a total of $7.  DW will spend...more...on her two races.

lol

Run commute day. Ran on the square track yesterday, and now I'm pretty sure that's how I hurt my Achilles. It's fine now, but I could feel it when I was tiring, near the endo of my Tempo. The faster I run, the more there's load on it, especially in two of the 4 turns that are tighter.

I thought about using the TM, there are a few there I could use... but LRB was probably right not to bite when I mentioned that a few days ago, as I probably will just keep on running on this same track and ignore the rest.

RunningOnSand

Hello, lovelies. 

DW heads to Florida this afternoon for five days to do the Disney 10K and HM, and bop around Universal Studios all week.  I am jealous but I am glad she is going even though I can't (work).  I do have two races this weekend myself...a 10K and a 17 miler, although the latter will just be a training run.  Both races will cost me a total of $7.  DW will spend...more...on her two races.

Right back at'cha!

Ummm, haha. I would also assume the extra curricular activities at Disney (and food, yum) might be a bit more than you may spend. Big grin

I've got intervals soon, ending with a 2mi cruise interval. Should be fun.

LRB

'Sup

I tried an Italian bottle of wine last night that was so smooth I ended up drinking the entire bottle because I couldn't feel a buzz...

And then it hit me.

OOF.

I slept past my wake-up call by a full 40 minutes, but was somehow able to fall out of bed and crawl for 7 miles.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 miles on another warm and windy morning.  It was in the mid 50s, and I wasn't going to waste the opportunity to ride outside for the second day in a row.  The weather turns to normal shit tonight, and I wish it wasn't so.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

sdWhiskers

6 hilly miles yesterday afternoon before meeting with my trainer for strength.

4 easy miles this morning plus strides. Have I mentioned how much I love the Tracer360 light up vest? I had several cars stop for me this morning that would normally try to kill me.

LRB

4 easy miles this morning plus strides. Have I mentioned how much I love the Tracer360 light up vest? I had several cars stop for me this morning that would normally try to kill me.

I'm pretty sure more would try to kill me if I wore one. lol

KCRuns

Good morning!  I think today will be a rest day.  I have clients in town today and tomorrow with too many meetings and lunches scheduled.  I was really tired last night, so I chose a little extra sleep this morning and I'm glad I did, I woke up feeling great.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Sup

I tried an Italian bottle of wine last night that was so smooth I ended up drinking the entire bottle

<3

DavePNW

Did anyone see this? Holy crap.

Woman who lost leg in Boston Marathon bombing struck by car, badly injured

She actually ran Boston 2016 with a prosthetic leg, and was on a training run for 2019 when she was hit.

Dave

onemile

She actually ran Boston 2016 with a prosthetic leg, and was on a training run for 2019 when she was hit.

I would just give up

onemile

I ran 10 with 7x1k, 2 min recoveries. 20mph wind. Fun times.

RunningOnSand

Sad That is awful, poor thing. I saw that it was dark & raining (noted the police)--I almost hit a man on a crosswalk about 2 weeks ago, b/c it was 10pm, no lights had lit the crosswalk, and he was crossing sort of brazenly. And by saying, "I almost hit a man" I mean that I was driving through the crosswalk and he was probably within 5 feet of my car. Anyway, scary stuff.

So I now firmly believe that EVERYONE should wear the Tracer360 light up vest, regardless of running, walking, biking, etc. I also have one but have yet to use it.