Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Is this the end? (Read 53 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I stalked D2's results and boy this guy smoked the race!  Congrats, Dave!

Thanks for the heads up.  I just went and looked.  Virtual high fives to D2!  Can't wait to hear about it.

Brrrr, congrats on the gigantic PR!  Big grin

Sorry to hear your race didn't go as well as you'd have liked, LRB.  Last time I raced when it was that cold, I was never able to get dialed in mentally because all I could think about was how cold I was.  It's tough, man.

<3

DavePNW

I stalked D2's results and boy this guy smoked the race!  Congrats, Dave!

Ooh! Can't wait to hear the deets. Although this belongs in the least surprising news of the week category.

Dave

LRB

I would if I live closer! 

I just paid for a gatorade!  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sorry the race wasn't what you wanted, LRB

just chillin with the pups. I went out intending to do around 4. Felt good so I did 8.3. Started to rain hard the last mile. But no lightening or thunder so I finished up and rewarded myself with a long hot shower

Marjorie

happylily

So sorry about your race, LRB... :-( But I'm the same way: When something is off at the start, it's not only my body that's affected, but my mind as well. You can still maybe call today's 6.2 miles some kind of speed workout, yes? Because you know... those paces are sort of my very, very, sometimes not doable, fast race paces... I'd be thrilled with them! lol... But I understand your disappointment. You need to try again, that's all. Enjoy the movie and the pizza!

I only did 18 miles. The plan called for 16, so I'm still ahead. I just ran out of interest. Weird. I kept thinking about my hot bath and wanted to be done. I did manage the progression part, 9:04 to 7:49. Average pace was 8:27. Pretty much in the middle of McMillan's LR range. I'll run two miles at recovery pace later, because I'm stubborn like that.

EDIT: 3 chocolate chip cookies are all I needed to finish my miles for the day. 2 @ recovery, 9:11 pace. 20 for the day. 40 for the weekend. My heart isn't that great, my right foot is screwy, but my legs are still solid. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Andrew - Congrats on running a PR after an 11-mile warm-up! Love it!

LRB - Maybe now you've gotten the bad race vibes out of your system for the year and the rest will be spot-on.

Lily - Your cutback week includes two 20-mile days?

Dave - I hope you did some yoga for me. I skipped out because I forgot my mat and the ones the Y has aren't actual yoga mats - they are short, and using two of them is a pain. And 6 weeks of 60+ is awesome!

5 miles for me, with the first 2 feeling AWFUL. Luckily things loosened up and the last couple miles were OK. All of it at recovery pace. Makes 60.1 miles for the week, but only three 60+ weeks. Dave is making me look like a slacker.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Step, you will catch up soon enough, the only thing giving me a slight edge so far is that I have been avoiding all martial arts activities. 

If we add our mileage together, maybe we will get to Lily's.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  I'll do up a RR after I get a shower and some more food in me, but I couldn't be happier with how the race went.  BQ'd my first marathon with a 3:14:07! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks everyone!  I'll do up a RR after I get a shower and some more food in me, but I couldn't be happier with how the race went.  BQ'd my first marathon with a 3:14:07! 

Awesome!

Damaris

happylily

Awesome!

+100. Well done, Dave. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

We called it.  Tongue

Nice job, D2!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

BQ'd my first marathon with a 3:14:07! 

Word to the dailies...and penguins!

LRB

LRB - Maybe now that you've gotten the bad race vibes out of your system for your second race in two weeks maybe the rest will still suck but just a little less.

FYP. 

Thanks though!

outoftheblue

Woo Hoo Dave!!!!! That's just awesome.  I can wait to hear about all the details.

Life is good.