wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

MY FIVE MINUTES OF FAME!

very cool moment!  And race!

RunningOnSand

I got yer back.

Fun seeing you on the front page, Blue!

RunningOnSand

I took yesterday off, to attempt to be a smart runner and rest my Achilles, and the plan was to run something short today. But cherub #3 has a 104.2* fever.   Luckily, it gets down to the 100* range with motrin, so we're keeping a close eye on him. He's supposedly negative for Influenza and strep, but the false negative rate is around 10% supposedly, and all his symptoms are textbook Influenza. So, no running for me today. I did get up early to do a strength workout, though. So there's that.

DavePNW

8 miles w/10 strides.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hey Cyberic, I saw your post about hills in the crazy thread. Hudson has more about hills than the short hill sprints mentioned. Here's some excerpts from his book:

page 32, sorry it chopped off a bit on the right

page 83

The 4 week progession is:

week 1 6 x 200

week 2 6 x 300

week 3 6 x 400

week 4 5x600

DavePNW

MY FIVE MINUTES OF FAME!

With the frequency that thing gets changed, you’ve got way, way more than 5 minutes ahead of you. Anyway, winning a race of any kind, much less a marathon, is a BFD and something that few of us can imagine ever doing.

Dave

Cyberic

Hey Cyberic, I saw your post about hills in the crazy thread. Hudson has more about hills than the short hill sprints mentioned. Here's some excerpts from his book:

page 32, sorry it chopped off a bit on the right

page 83

The 4 week progession is:

week 1 6 x 200

week 2 6 x 300

week 3 6 x 400

week 4 5x600

Thanks a lot! Of course he plugs them in the context of a balanced, logical plan, whereas I see them as a substitute for speed work because of what's available to me.

But I guess I can still use them and make them work with my goals. Not ideal, but I like the challenge of working with less than ideal conditions Smile

I'll buy the Hudson book. For some reason I've never bought it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, you're looking at a May race? The hill reps will fit in with Hudson. he has the work go from general--like moderate or hard pace and time based intervals to a 4 week sharpening period at the end of a plan. If your options are to risk injury by running on the indoor track or spend 4-6 weeks doing hill reps because that's what mother nature is giving you, I'd go with the hills.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are closed and funded. Yay.

Worried about Rubio. He's lost some more weight and today he kind of cried a bit like something was paining him and then he forgot about it. He is really not eating that much (voluntarily). Taking him back to the vet on Friday but I'm afraid that they will say something like cancer. The lab tests we did 3 months ago showed nothing (white cell count was good and all).

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

With the frequency that thing gets changed, you’ve got way, way more than 5 minutes ahead of you. Anyway, winning a race of any kind, much less a marathon, is a BFD and something that few of us can imagine ever doing.

I wouldn't know -- I never, ever go to that page! It's from a HM, but hey, fame is not picky...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Cyberic, you're looking at a May race? The hill reps will fit in with Hudson. he has the work go from general--like moderate or hard pace and time based intervals to a 4 week sharpening period at the end of a plan. If your options are to risk injury by running on the indoor track or spend 4-6 weeks doing hill reps because that's what mother nature is giving you, I'd go with the hills.

Yup, makes sense. You know how I like to do my own thing and not follow a plan, but what I do is almost always based from something I've seen or read somewhere. That's why I read many books and ask tons of questions Smile

sdWhiskers

Strength training after work. Trainer was trying to kill me with back and core exercises.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Took my RD today. Between work, the closing, the headache, and trying to entice Rubio to eat, I was like fuck it, and played piano instead. It's been a week since I've played thanks to the still happening remodeling of the house.

Damaris