Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #30 (Read 31 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

With NYC Marathon registration opening today, I do feel a little anxious about passing up an automatic spot.  But I also think a 1:32 HM or 3:14 marathon seems pretty doable a year and a half from now if I feel so inclined to run it then.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can already see all the crying babies waaaahing about the no ban.

Damaris

Cyberic

In running news:

international governing body World Athletics won’t impose a blanket ban on the Vaporfly sneakers in a decision set for Friday. The organization is expected to say all shoes currently on the market using advanced technology will remain legal

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/asics-shares-slip-report-nike-053344311.html

Yay! You guys didn't mortgage your houses for 2 extra minutes for nothing!!!

DavePNW

Time to head over to LetsRun! Or better, LetsNot.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Yay! You guys didn't mortgage your houses for 2 extra minutes for nothing!!!

That's got to be one shitty house.

<3

DavePNW

With NYC Marathon registration opening today, I do feel a little anxious about passing up an automatic spot.  But I also think a 1:32 HM or 3:14 marathon seems pretty doable a year and a half from now if I feel so inclined to run it then.

Yep for sure. That’s my mentality as well, except with 1:36/3:23.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Yep for sure. That’s my mentality as well, except with 1:36/3:23.

Looks like registration was kind of a cluster.  Guaranteed slots for non-NYRR races filled up pretty much instantly.  It would appear I've saved myself some frustration and disappointment.

<3

DavePNW

Looks like registration was kind of a cluster.  Guaranteed slots for non-NYRR races filled up pretty much instantly.  It would appear I've saved myself some frustration and disappointment.

Wow. Good to know. Everyone has always said that if your a time qualifier, you’re in. Maybe the 50th anniversary has driven up demand.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have all the flu symptoms. Yippeee. I am signed up for a trail race Sunday, it sold out in like 17 hours. I missed the deferal window (1/26) becuase I wasn't on planning on being sick. Should I still contact the RD to see if I can defer?

sdWhiskers

I was hoping for a ban

Maybe they will at least come out with official limits on specs before things get even crazier.

sdWhiskers

I have all the flu symptoms. Yippeee. I am signed up for a trail race Sunday, it sold out in like 17 hours. I missed the deferal window (1/26) becuase I wasn't on planning on being sick. Should I still contact the RD to see if I can defer?

Yes. And tell them you recently returned from traveling to Asia...

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Baboon

delicate flower

Wow. Good to know. Everyone has always said that if your a time qualifier, you’re in. Maybe the 50th anniversary has driven up demand.

Here is something interesting math:

NYC Marathon registration is $295.  Nashville Marathon registration is $296, and that includes all four registrations for my traveling crew.  I can almost buy a Nashville registration and a pair of Vaporflys for the cost of a NYC registration.

<3

DavePNW

I was hoping for a ban

Maybe they will at least come out with official limits on specs before things get even crazier.

Strangely I have no opinion on the shoes. Ban them, don’t ban them, whatever. However I would like them to ban Nuun. A race using that as their on-course sports drink is a crime against humanity.

Dave

DavePNW

NYC Marathon registration is $295. 

Holy motherforking shirtballs, I actually had no idea it was that high.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Sorry you're sick.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.  The worst they can say is no.  Well, I suppose they could also laugh at you and ban you from future races, although that is unlikely.

<3