Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #30 (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

Sorry you're sick.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.  The worst they can say is no. 

Yep. And if you often run races put on by the same company, you might mention that.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sorry you're sick.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.  The worst they can say is no.  Well, I suppose they could also laugh at you and ban you from future races, although that is unlikely.

Since their races tend to be of the "close to" distance, that wouldn't bother me. I do this one to stay motivated in the winter.

For example, this is a 12.8 mile "half".

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm thinking LRB is LOA because he is camped out in line waiting for the Birds of Prey premiere.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Looks like registration was kind of a cluster.  Guaranteed slots for non-NYRR races filled up pretty much instantly.  It would appear I've saved myself some frustration and disappointment.

I wasn't even going to try today because of the disaster with their queue system for the Brooklyn Half ... I logged in just now out of curiosity and got it done within five minutes. $272.21 with insurance, which is one cent more than I wasted on my 4%.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun,  do you pay less because you're local?

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun,  do you pay less because you're local?

It's $255 for NYRR members

chasing the impossible

That's why I'm starting to have doubts about the theory of evolution: In less than what? 2 billion years? Less? We went from being random elements, to amino acids, to unicellular living things, to birds, to mammals, to human beings. Given how long it can take for a random evolutionary change to appear, and to catch on, I find it's a mathematically (statistically) challenging theory.

bluerun

Super B****

Wow. Good to know. Everyone has always said that if your a time qualifier, you’re in. Maybe the 50th anniversary has driven up demand.

You're only automatically guaranteed as a time qualifier if your qualifying race was an NYRR race

chasing the impossible

That's why I'm starting to have doubts about the theory of evolution: In less than what? 2 billion years? Less? We went from being random elements, to amino acids, to unicellular living things, to birds, to mammals, to human beings. Given how long it can take for a random evolutionary change to appear, and to catch on, I find it's a mathematically (statistically) challenging theory.

My difficulty with the origins of life and evolution is why has there not been ‘new life’ create itself since the first one scum life 3.8 billion years ago?

why no new life created  3.5billion ago and more new life 3 billion and 2 billion and last week...etc? 

10.3, two loops of accotink then 2 on the access road to get a little very-modest road crown

onemile

when I signed up for NYC, I hemmed and hawed for like a week before registering. I guess you can't do that now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here is something interesting math:

NYC Marathon registration is $295.  Nashville Marathon registration is $296, and that includes all four registrations for my traveling crew.  I can almost buy a Nashville registration and a pair of Vaporflys for the cost of a NYC registration.

Except when people asks what did you do this weekend, Nashville marathon does not sound as sexy as the NYCM.

Damaris

Cyberic

Except when people asks what did you do this weekend, Nashville marathon does not sound as sexy as the NYCM.

Show off!!!

RunningOnSand

I have all the flu symptoms. Yippeee. I am signed up for a trail race Sunday, it sold out in like 17 hours. I missed the deferal window (1/26) becuase I wasn't on planning on being sick. Should I still contact the RD to see if I can defer?

I would call to defer. There's nothing left to lose.

I'm sorry you're coming down with the flu. Sad This one is a crapper. Since you got the flu shot though, hopefully yours won't last as long (and I'm assuming you'll be on Tamiflu within minutes?).

RunningOnSand

On another note, the guy who usually runs the office Super Bowl squares is not doing it this year because he said it is too much work.  Dammit!  So now I am thinking maybe it is too much work for me to cut him a paycheck from now on.

This legit made me laugh out loud. Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

Are these the same people who are impressed by your 5K marathon?

chasing the impossible