Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #30 (Read 31 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I would call to defer. There's nothing left to lose.

I'm sorry you're coming down with the flu. Sad This one is a crapper. Since you got the flu shot though, hopefully yours won't last as long (and I'm assuming you'll be on Tamiflu within minutes?).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

So, speaking of the plague, my youngest came down with it on Sunday and has been literally on the couch or in bed since then (although today he graduated to sitting up on the couch, opposed to laying down--small wins, folks!). Which means I've been next to him 24/7, so that also means no running.

I'm telling myself that this (almost) week off running has been good for my Achilles and I'll be back at it tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

onemile

Except when people asks what did you do this weekend, Nashville marathon does not sound as sexy as the NYCM.

You can't really compare a world marathon major with a race of 2,000 people. Completely different event.

RunningOnSand

Are these the same people who are impressed by your 5K marathon?

LOL.

RunningOnSand

Random:

Since Saturday is the 1st, does this mean we get to have new and exciting thread titles, instead of the numbers game? Who will be the first to start our thread?!

bluerun

Super B****

Random:

Since Saturday is the 1st, does this mean we get to have new and exciting thread titles, instead of the numbers game? Who will be the first to start our thread?!

It will not be me, sadly... or else it would be #32!! Because it's the 32nd day of the year, duh.

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

Except when people asks what did you do this weekend, Nashville marathon does not sound as sexy as the NYCM.

I am sexy enough as it is no matter what race I am running.

<3

DavePNW

I am sexy enough as it is no matter what race I am running.

But you won’t have the douchey NYCM jacket.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Between the Boston and Ironman jackets, I think my douche tank is full, although I suppose there is always more room.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I don't have one of those...

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Do people choose races based on sexiness    I mean, besides influencers.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

You're only automatically guaranteed as a time qualifier if your qualifying race was an NYRR race

this is good to know in case I ever think I can get a qualifying time.  I was under the (wrong) impression that any qualifying time was automatically in but it makes sense that they restrict this

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are these the same people who are impressed by your 5K marathon?

I wasn't talking from my personal experience, but I bet they would be one and the same...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can't really compare a world marathon major with a race of 2,000 people. Completely different event.

Exactly.

HCK, feel better and I agree. Try and see what they say.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Random:

Maybe we should do a different theme every month? Like January was #s, maybe February can be something else? Colors? Roman numerals?

Damaris