Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #30 (Read 31 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I wasn't talking from my personal experience, but I bet they would be one and the same...

These are probably also the same people who are blown away when they learn that you actually have to pay to run a marathon, you can't just show up and do it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

You're only automatically guaranteed as a time qualifier if your qualifying race was an NYRR race

Oh yes I know that is the case in theory, but I was told in practice all time qualifiers get in. Till now. 

And thanks for not pointing out my incorrect “your” usage, that was a typo.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't have one of those...

I could've sent you mine from a prior year. It's like 20 sizes too small now. It fit way back when.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do people choose races based on sexiness    I mean, besides influencers.

What else should we base it on? 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh yes I know that is the case in theory, but I was told in practice all time qualifiers get in. Till now. 

I confess that every time I see the word used incorrectly, my brain whispers "trumper".

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

IDK why I have this reputation for correcting everyone's errors... I very rarely actually do! I just silently seethe.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I could've sent you mine from a prior year. It's like 20 sizes too small now. It fit way back when.

But it's useless to me if it's not 2016...

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

What else should we base it on? 

I don't know anyone IRL who cares about any of this. So definitely not trying to impress virtual friends with race choices. I mean, I'm tentatively going to do a HM in Idaho in the fall. Just because. Sexiness is not a factor...

DavePNW

IDK why I have this reputation for correcting everyone's errors... I very rarely actually do! I just silently seethe.

I guess I know that you notice, so I feel the seething through the internet. I always notice, and sometimes I correct if the mood strikes me.

Dave

DavePNW

I'm tentatively going to do a HM in Idaho in the fall.

Sexy!

Dave

DavePNW

For non-runners, I’m not sure which marathon it is makes a difference. It’s a struggle just to explain how long it is, and most don’t understand the significance of the World Majors. For runners, they’ll understand it’s a choice. So I guess it doesn’t matter to anyone. Except yourself. I would do NYC because it seems like an amazing experience. Some will avoid it due to the nightmarish logistics. Diff’rent strokes.

Dave

DavePNW

Maybe we should do a different theme every month? Like January was #s, maybe February can be something else? Colors? Roman numerals?

It’s the prerogative of whoever starts the thread! Also feel free to add that little B&B introductory post we used to have every day. On the other hand, don’t.

Dave

DavePNW

Oh! I ran today! 8 miles with 6x800m. First actual speed workout since the marathon nearly 2 months ago. It was...a bit rusty. Not too bad though. Paces were not where I’d ultimately like them to be, but a decent start. Also I wore the yellow douche shirt, to impress the HS students at the track. Although it was empty.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Maybe we should do a different theme every month? Like January was #s, maybe February can be something else? Colors? Roman numerals?

I'm not super creative in that aspect, but if y'all come up with something, I will usually fall in line. Or maybe not; sometimes I go rogue just to be the disruptive one, although that's usually not in my character. That makes me nervous, lol.

RunningOnSand

It’s the prerogative of whoever starts the thread! Also feel free to add that little B&B introductory post we used to have every day. On the other hand, don’t.

I'd forgotten about that; we used to do that at RWOL. I don't think I was here when you guys used to do that.