Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

delicate flower

Morning Dailies!

It's a rest day here.  It's also my birthday, so i'm playing hooky from work and going to Disneyland.  As a kid growing up in SoCal, going to the House of Mouse on your birthday is a family tradition.  Years ago and under a belief that nobody goes to an amusement park by themselves, Disney used to let you in to Disneyland for free on your birthday.  Now they will let you in on your birthday (or any of the 364 days of the year) if you give them $96.00.

Happy Birthday, Rick!  Will you be wearing your "It's my birthday" pin at Disneyland?  Special treatment!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning Dailies!

It's a rest day here.  It's also my birthday, so i'm playing hooky from work and going to Disneyland.  As a kid growing up in SoCal, going to the House of Mouse on your birthday is a family tradition.  Years ago and under a belief that nobody goes to an amusement park by themselves, Disney used to let you in to Disneyland for free on your birthday.  Now they will let you in on your birthday (or any of the 364 days of the year) if you give them $96.00.

Happy Birthday!

Damaris

LRB

Morning little running buddies!

Hi!

See if you like what I did with Grumpy Daves head on the main page.

Basya, there's a pic of my shoes in yesterdays dailies...although I took a couple more this morning.  I will post one if any of them are worthy.

StepbyStep-SH

Happy birthday, Lurch!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

I had a weird watch malfunction. I pressed the stop button while at the water fountain I guess right when my watch was about to take an auto lap, so I guess that screwed things up. It just kept beeping and displaying lap error for the next mile until I finally decided to hit the lap button. The fixed everything.

happylily

Hi!

See if you like what I did with Grumpy Daves head on the main page.

Basya, there's a pic of my shoes in yesterdays dailies...although I took a couple more this morning.  I will post one if any of them are worthy.

LOL... There are so many possibilities with this little set up of yours.  I bet you're having fun with it all... lol... And thank you for adding your handsome runner's face to the montage (you knew I'd see it, didn't you? ). Dave doesn't look grumpy there, he looks suspicious of the camera. And I look drunk, as always. lol... I've been meaning to order a pair of Asics like yours, btw. They're exactly what I need. And what a price! But they won't ship to Canada, so I have to have them shipped to my BIL in Atlanta. Pain in the butt...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL... There are so many possibilities with this little set up of yours.  I bet you're having fun with it all... lol... And thank you for adding your handsome runner's face to the montage (you knew I'd see it, didn't you? ). Dave doesn't look grumpy there, he looks suspicious of the camera. And I look drunk, as always. lol... I've been meaning to order a pair of Asics like yours, btw. They're exactly what I need. And what a price! But they won't ship to Canada, so I have to have them shipped to my BIL in Atlanta. Pain in the butt...

Yeah, I am sure it's not accidental, Scotty's wheeee is atop my boobs.

Damaris

happylily

hahaha!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

I had a weird watch malfunction. I pressed the stop button while at the water fountain I guess right when my watch was about to take an auto lap, so I guess that screwed things up. It just kept beeping and displaying lap error for the next mile until I finally decided to hit the lap button. The fixed everything.

What watch?  My Garmin 410 used to that.  Seems like stopping/starting the watch at the exact moment the lap changed sent the watch into some kind of intergalactic wormhole from which it could not recover.

<3

B-Plus

What watch?  My Garmin 410 used to that.  Seems like stopping/starting the watch at the exact moment the lap changed sent the watch into some kind of intergalactic wormhole from which it could not recover.

405, so pretty much the same watch! I'd say I'm overdue for an upgrade. 620 still acting up on you?

LRB

405, so pretty much the same watch! I'd say I'm overdue for an upgrade. 620 still acting up on you?

FYI; Amazon basically gives Garmin's away the day after Thanksgiving, I'm talking ridiculously low prices.  Be prepared!

LRB

Hilarious!

Actually, I can never create the same grid despite adding the pics in the same order.  It got frustrating before I realized it was supposed to be fun, then I stopped caring and it became a game of where in the hell will the pics land!

delicate flower

The 620 watch itself is a very slick device.  It's pretty awesome for the most part.  It's things like the wifi connection, crazy elevation spikes, and inconsistent HR readings that have been pissing me off.  That said, none of those are watch issues and all seem to be working ok now.  Seems like the issues pop up whenenever Garmin pushes another update to my watch.  Still a huge improvement over the problems I had with the 610.  I do miss the bike mode the 610 had though.  Wish they didn't get rid of that with the 620.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, the 610 left much to be desired. Phil, last I heard, the latest upgrade for the 620 included a bike mode.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5 a.m., at the Y by 6 a.m. I must be getting used to being a morning runner because altho the temp was 76 degrees at 6 a.m., the humidity was 89% and the dew-point was 72, I got out there and knocked out 3.4 miles and felt really good, did not feel uncomfortable at all in the muggy, thick air.  Aside from nearly getting hit by a cow, it was a really great run.  Ran on the trails in a local park, went by the Zoo, and when I was running alongside the park canal all these egrets in the trees suddenly took to the air while I was approaching them, that was really cool to see.  In looking at my schedule for the week, I notice  I've got a busy workout schedule this week!  Ran yesterday; ran today;  weights tonight with Gail; rest Thursday;  4th of July 4-miler on Friday; 5K race on Saturday; 5K race on Sunday.  That's enough for a week for this old dog!

LRB, if you were me, your life span would be shortened by several years, since I'm already old.  So be happy to be you.     Nice you are helping your boss get into mint condition.

Hope Arthur is treating you well, Damaris!

Sorry about your run being cut short, D2.  Good luck with Part II later.

Well, Baboon, it's not every runner who gets to take a trip when they run.  Good luck with your miles later, hope Mother Nature cooperates.

Only 70, B-Plus?  Nice!  Hope your miles went well.

How does Rocky do in that humidity, FreeSoul?  He must handle it well if he went 8 miles with you.

Dang, Basya, you are one very active lady!  Good luck with it all!

You'd love my weather, D - 60*, cloudy and a breeze.   Dang, Step...MINUS 60...that is VERY cool!  

I didn't realize it got that hot in Canada, Lily.  That keeps up, you'll be ready to come run in San Antonio. 

Happy birthday, Lurch!  Mabye you'll get  a birthday kiss from Minnie!    Don't think you'll see Snow White though...I heard she was put on probation....she was in the tub feeling happy....then he got out so she started feeling grumpy....  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt