Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, I am sure it's not accidental, Scotty's wheeee is atop my boobs.

Well, I am a dog....my wheeee has to be on top of something!  I got really lucky there!  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Yes, the 610 left much to be desired. Phil, last I heard, the latest upgrade for the 620 included a bike mode.

It would appear you are correct!  HOORAY!  I need to download the latest software update.  Smile

<3

B-Plus

Thanks Boon and LRB. The only thing I really want with the new models is a return to start feature. It's a nice crutch to have when travelling. Hopefully on a future software update.

LRB

Thanks Boon and LRB. The only thing I really want with the new models is a return to start feature. It's a nice crutch to have when travelling. Hopefully on a future software update.

I have my eye on the 220 as the 620 appears to be heart monitor centric, something I do not use at all.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Holy cow you guys post quickly. Smile

This morning's run was in 52 degrees, with a DP in the 40s. Smile I have a race on Friday for the 4th of July, but I wanted to do some speedwork. Today's run was a 1 mi w/o + 3x (1 mi @ Tempo pace + 2 min Easy) + 1 mile c/d. All-in-all it was 5.6 miles in 46 minutes. IIRC my tempo miles were at 7:39, 7:44 and 7:13. I ran the last one at my 10k pace just to see how it would feel. It felt ok, but I'll try a 7:15 - 7:20 pace through the first half just to see where I'm at. Hopefully I can make up the time in the last mile, but I'll have to really kick it in to get in under 45 minutes.

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning Dailies!

It's a rest day here.  It's also my birthday, so i'm playing hooky from work and going to Disneyland.  As a kid growing up in SoCal, going to the House of Mouse on your birthday is a family tradition.  Years ago and under a belief that nobody goes to an amusement park by themselves, Disney used to let you in to Disneyland for free on your birthday.  Now they will let you in on your birthday (or any of the 364 days of the year) if you give them $96.00.

Happy birthday!

- Andrew

delicate flower

I have my eye on the 220 as the 620 appears to be heart monitor centric, something I do not use at all.

There is certainly a lot of useless data the 620 provides when using the HR monitor.  All I really want is the heart rate.  I wanted the 620 for the touchscreen and for the four data fields at once.

<3

Dave doesn't look grumpy there, he looks suspicious of the camera.

That was not intended to describe the pic; you may recall that is my nickname to distinguish me from all the other Daves. The nickname YOU created, TYVM.

Anyhoo, I think I missed yesterday. It was a crazy day & by the time I checked the dailies there were 6 pages so I was a bit intimidated. I'm sure you all missed me terribly. After not sleeping much my last night in Oregon Saturday, then only sleeping 2 hrs Sunday night due to taking the redeye flight home, I only slept about 3 hrs Monday night due to a middle of the night hellacious allergy attack of some kind, followed by the wild thunderstorms & sirens going off. Zombied my way to work, where after a while they send everyone home due to intermittent power outages. Which was a godsend; went home & ran 9 miles, then took a nap. This morning, after finally sleeping like a rock, Baboon, ran 7 miles.

So the knee has been holding up lately, but I have tried to be careful. Run distance has not been a problem, I think the issue is frequency. So for now I am looking at resting every 3rd day. Which if it works, is not too bad, that still gives ~5 days/wk. What I have not tried is any speed work, they have all been easy runs. I guess I will just have to give it a try & see.

Dave

I am pretty happy with my 210, but if it blew up I'd probably go 220. The one thing I've heard is that it picks up a satellite signal almost instantaneously. I really have no need for any more features, which to me just complicates things. I can't think of anything the 210 doesn't have that I need, other than a more reliable connection for data transfer.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband has the 220 and loves it.

Phil, I'm surprised you didn't get the 910.  It's perfect for you!  I love it.  I actually upgraded to the Fenix and have tried others, but the 910 keeps being my favorite.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lily, I am going to consider it a flexible plan Smile yesterday's 2.5-3 miler was cancelled due to an awful storm that rolled in around 5:30 and didn't roll out until 8-9 pm, by then I just felt it was too close to my morning 8 miler. Hopefully there won't be too many more days like that and I will keep a closer eye on the weather, just in case I need to run that run in the mornng.

D, yesterday was 85 at 9am. Thanks to humidity, dew point and a storm system slowly rolling in, the whole day felt awful, a high of 92-94 but a feels like 102. I hate it when being half naked doesn't help one bit 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

ok, all this garmin talk has got me thinking...just waiting for my old garmin 205?? to blow up, but it has served me well...now i have to look into this 210 or 220...anyway will prob do just a few miles later as we leave on a road trip to nocal tomorrow...also get a soccer break the next two days...have a great day everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, I am going to consider it a flexible plan Smile yesterday's 2.5-3 miler was cancelled due to an awful storm that rolled in around 5:30 and didn't roll out until 8-9 pm, by then I just felt it was too close to my morning 8 miler. Hopefully there won't be too many more days like that and I will keep a closer eye on the weather, just in case I need to run that run in the mornng.

D, yesterday was 85 at 9am. Thanks to humidity, dew point and a storm system slowly rolling in, the whole day felt awful, a high of 92-94 but a feels like 102. I hate it when being half naked doesn't help one bit 

Yeah, that's typical of our months of Summer.  And yes, less clothes do not help.  Which is why I hate living here.  At least with colder weather you can go through layers or something.  it's not that it won't suck, it's just that there is nothing you can do when it's that hot and humid; it will suck no matter how many years you run in it.  Remember to adjust the pace, Andrea.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rick, Happy Birthday!!!

Scotty, he does okay, not at all like he runs in winter or cooler weather. We have to stop every 1-2 miles sohe can either drink from a ditch or just rest a moment. I know he wants to run with me so bad but I worry about him in this crap.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

That was not intended to describe the pic; you may recall that is my nickname to distinguish me from all the other Daves. The nickname YOU created, TYVM.

Anyhoo, I think I missed yesterday. It was a crazy day & by the time I checked the dailies there were 6 pages so I was a bit intimidated. I'm sure you all missed me terribly. After not sleeping much my last night in Oregon Saturday, then only sleeping 2 hrs Sunday night due to taking the redeye flight home, I only slept about 3 hrs Monday night due to a middle of the night hellacious allergy attack of some kind, followed by the wild thunderstorms & sirens going off. Zombied my way to work, where after a while they send everyone home due to intermittent power outages. Which was a godsend; went home & ran 9 miles, then took a nap. This morning, after finally sleeping like a rock, Baboon, ran 7 miles.

So the knee has been holding up lately, but I have tried to be careful. Run distance has not been a problem, I think the issue is frequency. So for now I am looking at resting every 3rd day. Which if it works, is not too bad, that still gives ~5 days/wk. What I have not tried is any speed work, they have all been easy runs. I guess I will just have to give it a try & see.

No wonder you're Cranky Dave with all those sleepless nights. :-( I saw you were on the forum at 4 am one night (of course, it might have been 1 am on the West Coast), and I thought "Poor Dave. Insomnia again..." See, I think about all of you, my dailies peeps. :-)

Glad that the knee is holding up. I'm like you. This last spring, trying to run 7 days a week nearly killed me. I run my fastest miles when I only run 5 days a week, even if they're longer runs. We're old, Dave, we might as well admit it.

Hellacious... Is that from the word hell? Going to check the Merriam-Webster right now. Glad you got home safely, hope you had a great time in Oregon, and yes, we missed you. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010