Beginners and Beyond

Closing out September Mondailies (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (Does anyone actually read this anymore?)

Hip Redux

Rise and shine folks!  Whatcha up to today?

LRB

Supp!

This is how it goes when the home team loses; watch the pre-game, watch the game, turn off the TV and roar at anything that moves for the next seven days.

This is how it goes when the home team wins; watch the pre-game, watch the game, watch the highlights of the game on a half dozen websites, read about the game on a dozen websites, go to work the next day and talk about the game all day long.

Welp, it is time to go to work and talk about the game!  Cool

delicate flower

'Morning!

I'm tired and I ate way too much crap yesterday.  8 mile jog planned after work.  Still feeling good my race this past Saturday.  I hope my body recovers in time for another HM in two weeks!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 4 miles in this morning, I'm saving 1.6 for tonight with Rocky to run with me. Hopefully I'll be ending September with 112 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Up earlier than I wanted to be on my day off. I got a 5 mile Tempo run done @ 8:05 avg pace. Now it's time to get ready, grab some breakfast and head off to the DMV to get tabs. Yay - money going out the window. /sarcasm. Family pictures later on today. I believe it's the first official ones since DD was born.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Closing it out with a SRD. I actually am playing hooky from work today. May go to the gym for crosstraining, but I have a TON to do.... went away the last 3 weekends to my parents' or my boyfriend's, so cleaning in my apartment has been very neglected, plus I have a lot of paperwork due for work that I don't have time to do AT work so I wanted a day to catch up on life.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

6.33 slow miles done this morning; an hour of martial arts on tap tonight. I am ending the month with only 120.8 miles - about 50 short of my next lowest month of the year. Guess that's what happens when the bulk of the month is recovery from a marathon. Time now to get back in the swing of things and get my average mileage back over 45 mpw.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  DH brought back Voodoo Donuts from their weekend trip last night.  Guess what I had for dinner last night?  Yup, same thing I'm about to have for breakfast! Shocked

The rainy, windy weather continues.  I may or may not run tonight, mostly based on time.  Legs felt really good yesterday post-race.  Maybe it was the calf sleeves?

Oski- Morning!

LRB- Glad your team had a win!

Phil- Recover well!

FreeSoul- Nice mileage!

Andrew- Nice tempo! Good luck with the family photos.

kristin- Hope you enjoy the day off!

Step- I bet the recovery you took when you needed it will help you to get back into things in October!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Active weekend for me.

Saturday morning:  Did my 53rd race of the year.   It was VERY humid - nearly 100% humidity, dewpoint of 76, temps in the low 80s.  Like running in a sauna!  Very slow time for my 5K of 36:55.   Link to photos and report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/03d2533041e147c68890c20da562b6ff/resume#focus

Saturday afternoon:  Attended UTSA-Houston football game.  My UTSA Roadrunners got whomped by Houston University.

Sunday:  Went to Lackland Air Force Base and ran the 5K route there.  Saturday night and Sunday morning we had a cool front and some rain come in.  It couldn't have come earlier for my race on Saturday?  Sheesh.  Anyway, quite a difference from Saturday morning.  My Sun morning training run conditions were 68 degrees, dewpoint of 51, and really low humidity and a sweet cool breeze blowing.  What a difference weather can make, I did 5K on Sunday morning in 33:21, a little more than 3 minutes faster than my Saturday 5K.  My run ended at the base gym and I went inside and did a weight-training circuit post-run.

Today is a rest day and now, with all this rain we've had for the past few days, I have to get out after work and mow my lawn.   Hate yard work!  But since I don't have any sheep to crop the grass close...  Joking

Today is the last day of September, hope everyone had a good month!   Today's holidays:

Food Holiday:  Hot Mulled Cider Day - Related to the Anglo-Saxon Wassail (though real wassail includes ale, etc.).  Mulled cider is a hot spiced drink made from apple juice or cider.

National Mud Pack Day -Mud packs were once the rage for facial treatments. It is still popular bu the mud in facials has been replaced with a variety of other ingredients

Ask A Stupid Question Day - Observed on the last school day of September.  Created by teachers in the 1980s to encourage students to ask more questions in the classroom.

International Translator/Translation Day - Celebrated on the feast day of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators.

Blasphemy Day - Founded in 2009 by the Center For Inquiry, this holiday encourages individuals to openly express their criticism and doubts about religion. Ronald Lindsay, president and CEO of the Center for Inquiry said regarding Blasphemy Day, "We think religious beliefs should be subject to examination and criticism just as political beliefs are...."

stupid questions cartoons, stupid questions cartoon, stupid questions picture, stupid questions pictures, stupid questions image, stupid questions images, stupid questions illustration, stupid questions illustrations

stupid questions cartoons, stupid questions cartoon, stupid questions picture, stupid questions pictures, stupid questions image, stupid questions images, stupid questions illustration, stupid questions illustrations

KEYWORD1  2010-01-15  equestrian  equestrians  sequester  sequestering  jury  juries  court  courts

translation cartoons, translation cartoon, translation picture, translation pictures, translation image, translation images, translation illustration, translation illustrations

translation cartoons, translation cartoon, translation picture, translation pictures, translation image, translation images, translation illustration, translation illustrations

KEYWORD1  2006-01-25  gender  genders  sex  sexes  different  difference  differences  gender differ

KEYWORD1  2006-01-26  gender  genders  sex  sexes  different  difference  differences  gender differ

KEYWORD1  1998-09-30  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  1992-05-08  genie  genies  lamp  lamps  magic  magic lamp  magic lamps  magical

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Morning dailies.

Up earlier than I wanted to be on my day off. I got a 5 mile Tempo run done @ 8:05 avg pace. Now it's time to get ready, grab some breakfast and head off to the DMV to get tabs. Yay - money going out the window. /sarcasm. Family pictures later on today. I believe it's the first official ones since DD was born.

Have a great day everyone!

Ditto

and correcto mundo!!  The DMV is the most WORTHLESS beaurocracy on the planet.  We go pay & get our stickers for our cars (paying based on the value of our vehicles which has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING except how much money they can acquire) and our legit licenses while the illegals get stickers from whomever & slap them on their uninsured vehicles with the licenses they bought down at MacArthur Park for $50 from some part-time dope dealer all creating a beautiful system of punitive insanity.

But I'm not bitter about it or anything. Cool

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rise and shine folks!  Whatcha up to today?  About 5 foot 9 inches, but I think I'm shrinking as I get older. Joking

You got that right, LRB.  My university team got whomped on Saturday, it was not a good end to the day.  Then GA beat LSU, and then Notre Dame lost, sheesh....thankfully, one of my teams won... ASU over USC, yeah, baby!

Congrats on your race, Baboon, I need to go read your report.  Good luck with the miles today.

Wow, 112 miles for the month, nice FreeSoul!

Congrats on your tempo run, Andrew.  What the heck are 'tabs" from the DMV?  Is that like the expiration 'stickers', which is what we call them here in Texas.  You actually have to go to the DMV?  We are able to do all our stuff online to renew everything.  Well, except for the vehicle safety inspection, of course.  But for license renewal, registration renewal, etc., we can do everything online each year.  Much more convenient.

Good luck today catching up, Kristin!

with only 120.8 miles.  OK, Step, this made me laugh, "only 120.8 miles."  Know what my September month mileage was?  58 miles.   Hard to accumulate lots of miles when you can't do any distance running, lol.  Oh well, at least I'm still able to run, even if it's not much.  Good luck with your post-marathon recovery comeback plan!

What the heck are VooDoo donuts?  Do they cast a spell on you?  Sorry about your crappy weather, Zelanie.  Good luck with your miles if you do any today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

6 miles later

Zelanie

Scotty- Voodoo donuts are the nest donuts ever.  The whole place is a tourist trap, and you have to wait in long lines, but they are that good.  They're known for their voodoo doll donuts and their maple bacon bars, but I prefer the oreo covered.

delicate flower

I WANT VOODOO DONUTS.

<3