Beginners and Beyond

Seriously. MONDAILIES?!? (Read 58 times)

Will run for scenery.

Well it looks like I'm not alone if I take a SRD.  And an NSAID.

I meant to run yesterday's race w/o pushing too hard, but I was really wiped afterwards, even after a cold soak, a nap, a big ole breakfast, another nap, and a beer.  Oh, and some arrugula.

Enjoy your runs, you brave Monday runners!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Rondog65

Good afternoon,

Got my ugly 4.6 miles in this morning, but I got it in.  When I got back DD was hovering waiting for me to take her to the driver's education class, I miss read the calendar and thought the class started a half hour later  oops.  No worry I got her their with a whole 2 minutes to spare.  Now it is time to take care of some honey do's before softball tonight.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ric-G

basya - tag

mtn - fingers crossed for a good PT

D - same miles here

kristin - enjoy it

baboon - hope you get the 8 in some way

tom - quite a downpour

brr - good luck with training

lrb- that rabbit story was classic

april - glad the weather's better

marj - nice 11

zel - hope PT goes well

hob - get that 4 in

jjs- enjoy the SRD and NSAID!

6 easy this AM. younger son at scout camp this week. gotta get my (driving) miles reimbursed and submit expense report....i wish I could get my running miles reimbursed at .55 or whatever the rate is...Smile

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya hope the ankle feels better!

MBC I assume that means more Graston is in your future today!

Damaris hope that dh feels better soon

Kristin have a great rest day.

Zelanie I guess we just are synched to post at the same time

Hi everyone else.

I can't see what LRB posted....

Marjorie

Rondog65

....i wish I could get my running miles reimbursed at .55 or whatever the rate is...Smile

Hmm, I wonder if I can submit running reimbursement to DW and get an increase in my running allowance?

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ric-G

just found out the mileage reimbursement rate is 56.5 cents per mile. don't know if this varies by state or what.

so if I could get my running miles reimbused this year, i would get a $686.75 check as of today.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is the federal mileage reimbursement rate.

just found out the mileage reimbursement rate is 56.5 cents per mile. don't know if this varies by state or what.

so if I could get my running miles reimbused this year, i would get a $686.75 check as of today.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Howdy everyone! Three miles for me around town. For whatever reason foot arch of my right foot was throwing a hissy fit today. Had to walk a few times. I have been readin Budd Coates' new book on rythmic breathing and was trying to do a 3:2 breathing pattern. It was tough but I think I am getting the hang of it. Walked 2.5 miles getting some errands done (I love living in my town) and now am going to hop on the TM to get in a few more.

LRB

Hey everybody, I changed my profile pic.  It's me when I was a freshman in high school.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy week last week, even though I was off from work, Wed, Thurs, and Friday.  I've been playing catch-up at work today, had over 100 e-mails waiting for me this morning, gaaack!

Wed, 7:30 pm:  Firecracker 5K.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a0975498b3344264aad440583caa9116/resume#focus

Thurs: 7:30 am. - 4th of July Freedom 4-Miler.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/81225ad1814a4a2cadb58045cd902edd/resume#focus

Sat: 8 a.m. - Free-Da's 5K Run/Walk for the Arts.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d5ccbec44c8b49d59e49d1b86c415842/resume#focus

Sunday, I ran at Lackland Air Force Base with a couple of friends.  We got a late start, it was hot by 10 a.m.  We ended up with an easy 3.2 miles.

Today is a rest day.  Where's all the darn rain that our weather guy promised for today?  We need it badly.  No rain yet.  And the A/C at work is broken.  Not fun when the temp is going to 94 today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

DR - don't forget stretching and icing for those shin splints!
                        Kristin - stay cool at work Wink

Tom - hope the rains aren't followed by weeks on end of humidity like we have here!

Brr - kickass!

B - Hiya

April - jealous

Zel - happy PT to us!

HL - which wagon? Wink

Jjs - alphabet soup!  enjoy the SRD and NSAIDS

Ron - was her first lesson how to drive really fast when you are late for an appointment?

Ric-56.5 as set by the IRS for 2013; although the medical reimbursement rate is $.24/mile....... http://www.irs.gov/uac/2013-Standard-Mileage-Rates-Up-1-Cent-per-Mile-for-Business,-Medical-and-Moving

MA - Graston is evil

LJ - I think Oski has tried that technique.......paging OSKI

Scotty - you are an event hoar.  Sorry, but it's true Tongue

Graston DOES get better with time Smile  Last monday I limped into my PT appointment.  Yesterday I ran 2.5mi and today I'm pain free - well, until I went and got more Grastonized this am but it wasn't NEARLY as painful as last Monday.  YAY.  The only downside is I'm going to have to give PT my kidney because last Monday I told him he could have it if he fixed me.  Today he told me to go ahead and schedule surgery.

Well, I've hit my insurance deductible for this year already so might as well......

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That would be my husband's.  I don't have shin splints!

And he can be stubborn as a mule, so he won't do it.  Well, he is a man.  It's implied!

DR - don't forget stretching and icing for those shin splints!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Legs/glutes, push-ups, ab work, and seven-eight miles after work. My inner ankle is a wee sore, so I took two Aleve half an hour ago and am resting it for tonight.  Wow, 78 miles after work, I bet your ankle is sore! Wink

Sorry about your DH's shin splints, Damaris.   Isn't he a doc?  He can't give himself a cortisone injection?  Wink

Hope your PT went well, MBC!

Happy rest day, Kristin!

Good luck with your 8-10 miles, Phil.  Sounds like you may need it, with the work stress level rising.  I may go for a small run myself, if this flippin' 1st day back at work after 5 days off gets any crazier.   I might need a bit of stress relief myself!

after about 9.6 inches in one week.  Wow!  Stay safe out there, Tom!

Good luck with the training for your FM debut, Andrew.

Hope your 8 miles goes well, B-Plus.

Dewpoint in the 60s sounds great, April.  Send that down South please.

Hope your PT goes well, Zelanie.

Hope you and your RP have a good run, Hobbit.

Reliable, 'Double-Digit Marjorie"!  Big grin

jjs22, what's 'arrugula"?  I said it out loud - probably wrongly - and it made me thing that might be the sound-effect for the car horn of one of those old Model-T or similar cars.  ARR-U-GU-LAAAA!   Big grin

No worry I got her their with a whole 2 minutes to spare.  Nice example to set for a future young driver, speeding through the streets...Wink   Just teasin', of course.    Congrats on getting your miles in!  Good luck to your softball team tonite.

Reimbursement of running miles, that sure would be nice, all right!  Heck, I'd even take new running shoes as payment instead of cash.  Congrats on getting 6 in today, Ric.  Hope your son is enjoying Scout Camp.

For whatever reason foot arch of my right foot was throwing a hissy fit today.  Sounds like PF might be trying to flare up.  Roll your foot on a frozen water bottle for some relief. And roll it on a golf ball a couple times a day too,  to keep that area from 'stiffening" up.

Scotty - you are an event hoar.  Sorry, but it's true Tongue.   lol.  I prefer "Running Event Social Butterfly"   Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

That would be my husband's.  I don't have shin splints!

And he can be stubborn as a mule, so he won't do it.  Well, he is a man.  It's implied!

I know - but YOU are in charge as YOU put him on rest - so keep up woman!

RSX

Good morning Mondailies.

8 miles later tonight.

No wonder I didn't see you. I ran 8.04 along the Vancouver waterfront. Heading to Victoria BC later