Beginners and Beyond

Seriously. MONDAILIES?!? (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am in charge????

Could've fooled me...

I'll try!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was so funny when I told him he should wear the compression sleeves I had and he said no, then I caught him checking his medical books and exclaiming: I have shin splints and I need compression sleeves.  I am not the doctor and I could figure that one out, Sherlock!

Damaris

MBC, I'm glad that PT went well.

Damaris, enjoy running and lifting.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Phil, have a pleasant easy run, indoors or out.

Tom, enjoy your run.

Brr, fantastic four.

B-Plus, have an excellent eight-miler.

Marjorie, awesome 11.1.

Zelanie, I hope that PT goes well.

Nicole, enjoy the four.

jjs22, have a pleasant Monday.

Rondog65, why were the 4.6 ugly?

Ric-G, sweet six.

lilac_jive, what a beautifully active day.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

My ankle feels OK. After I took the Aleve and posted, I went back to sleep for two hours. It was still sore, so, I bought Tiger Balm Ultra at Walgreens. After massaging my ankle with that or a bit, I felt a major release of tension. So, weights and a seven-to-eight-mile easy progression run will happen tonightSmile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tiger balm works wonders, Basya.  Hope it feels better soon.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody.  I feel like this is the first chance I've had to breathe in like 4 or 5 days.  I was very happy to have the weekend be over, even if it was fun to see some friends and their families that were in town.  My streak of posting here consecutively ended, but at least my running streak is still going.  I ended up doing my run yesterday evening, and was able to get about 7.5 miles in.

This morning, I ran 8.25 miles, including 8x10sec hills sprints at the end.  I've been neglecting the hills sprints lately (in favor of the other speed work I had been doing) and need to get back to doing them more.  Tonight, New Balance is coming to our group run so we'll get to wear test some new shoes (I'm guessing they're just the 890s, although I'd love to get my hands on some 1400s or 1600s which are a couple of their racier models).  I'm going to sneak in a couple extra miles too so hopefully I'll have about 16 for the day.

Just for fun, here are a few pics from my 20 mile event this weekend.  The guy who helped set it up is a professional photographer and does a really nice job.  They're all black and white, but kinda cool.

pre run, with the group that was doing 8min pace (I'm in the middle)

me in the front, with the guy to my right holding the bottle being my training buddy that just did Western States 100

pretty indicative of what route was like, and a lot of my running generally

too humid to keep a shirt on...kinda a cool shot with the soy bean field

almost done, heading into the town square and to the store (also was neat, the guy off my right shoulder was about the only guy that hung with me the whole way when I paced the 1:30 group at a half in April...fun to catch up and chat)

those that participated...I'm crouched, first on the right

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great pics, SIAR!

Damaris

LRB

It reads like a book SIAR!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Your workouts amaze me.  I hope the ankle feels better and you can get some good miles in.

Mtnbkr...Hope the PT went well.  I love how aggressively everyone here tackles their therapy/recovery.

Docket...Sounds like you're having fun being Dr. Docket's running coach.  I hope he heals up.

Kristin...Enjoy your rest.

Baboon...Hope the 8-10 miles help with some stress relief.

RunTom...Glad you're getting back out there after a little rest for some nice miles.  Good luck with the weight drop.  Doing it slowly should make it a lot more tolerable.

Brr...Nothing wrong with getting some good rest in there, especially if you're going to be training for a new distance and likely doing more running.  Enjoy that pace run - they only get longer and harder Smile

BPlus...Great 8 seems to be the number of the day.  Run 'em well.

April...Rocking the double today - awesome!

Marjorie...Stupendous as always.

Zelanie...Savor that mile today...hope you're recovery is still progressing well.

Hobbit...Hope you have a nice 4 and that you can get your RP motivated again.

delicate flower

Cool pics, SIAR!  So speaking of New Balance, their 1400's are my shoe of choice.  While perusing their website today, I see those 1400's now come in GLOW IN THE DARK!  I think I need those!  Too bad I still have two pairs of 1400's to wear through before I need new ones.  Those shoes don't last really long...if I get 250 miles out of a pair, I'm lucky.  Good thing I've been getting them CHEAP (last pair was $43).

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

JJ...Hope the rest day leaves you feeling better.  Yesterday sounds like it was a fun day with the eating, napping, and drinking.

Ron...Nice job surviving your miles and getting the daughter to class on time!

Ric...Running reimbursement?  I like that plan.  Good work on the 6, and enjoy the quiet house.

Lilac...Not PF I hope?  Good job on the 3.  That breathing technique is interesting stuff, but I think I'd have to have some other struggles before I was motivated to try it.  Many people seem to have good success with it though.  Keep us posted.

Scotty..I feel like I've been playing catch-up too!  I hope you're making some head-way.  Enjoy your rest, and I hope you get the rain.

Mtnbiker...Nice to read that the Graston is working and getting more tolerable.  Bummer about that kidney though...

Rsx...Color me jealous of your route!  It's so pretty up there.  Enjoy BC too.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Docket...Thanks!

LRB...Like a children's book I assume...big pictures, few words.

Baboon...Glow in the dark huh?  There are a few night races in these parts where those would be mighty popular.  I often wonder with minimalist shoes, if you keep wearing them for like 500 miles, is it essentially like going barefoot, or would you be messing something else up?  That price point isn't bad though, even for 250 miles.  I thought about them for my marathon, but ended up in the LunaRacer 3.

LRB

While perusing their website today, I see those 1400's now come in GLOW IN THE DARK!

The Lunarglide Shield 4's also reflected in the dark, and were easily one of the coolest looking pair of shoes I have ever owned.  Too bad they sucked for running, my right ankle/tendon was sore for six weeks after I stopped wearing them!

B-Plus

No wonder I didn't see you. I ran 8.04 along the Vancouver waterfront. Heading to Victoria BC later

Victoria is a beautiful place, especially at this time of year. I assume you're doing your running in Stanley Park. Are you adventurous enough to hit the trails within the park? Are you heading up to Whistler or to the Okanagan?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, dailies!

Quick post, then got to nap for about 30 minutes before I head off to work. Got my 5 miles in this morning, easy pace. Nothing exceptional, but I was glad to be able to run. Also got about 2/3 of the wet yard mowed, and will finish tomorrow. It's slow going - the grass was wet and TALL!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Dr. Cornsitter

Well, HELLO SIAR! Lookin' good! Shocked Wink

Those are some great pictures. My first thought at seeing the hills was, "That looks like fun!" followed by, "Holy shit that would kick my ass!"

Welcome back Smile

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.