Beginners and Beyond

Seriously. MONDAILIES?!? (Read 58 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Well, HELLO SIAR! Lookin' good! Shocked Wink

Those are some great pictures. My first thought at seeing the hills was, "That looks like fun!" followed by, "Holy shit that would kick my ass!"

Welcome back Smile

They're a lot more fun with friends.  On your own?  Eh, not so much.

You're really good for my ego btw!

Lrb...Were those Shields the beginning of your trip to the dark side, where shoes are purchased based on fit and function rather than fashion?  (much like the disgustingly ugly Hokas I'm rocking in those pics)

Runtom...Nice job on the run, although the grass was probably a bigger accomplishment given what the weather has been.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They're a lot more fun when you don't run them .  On your own?  Eh, not so much.

You're really good for my ego btw!

Lrb...Were those Shields the beginning of your trip to the dark side, where shoes are purchased based on fit and function rather than fashion?  (much like the disgustingly ugly Hokas I'm rocking in those pics)

Runtom...Nice job on the run, although the grass was probably a bigger accomplishment given what the weather has been.

FYP!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bah, they're good for you.  Besides, me saying I was going to skip hills would be like you saying you were going to skip humidity.  We'd both run like twice a year.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi, SIAR! Great pics, especially the shirtless ones. Big grin

I did 2 with my WRP at lunch. She did great - we ran 1.5 miles then walked a little less than .2 then I pushed her to finish the 2. Last bit was at 9:40 pace. She's still at that point in her running where she has mental blocks about going further than she thinks she can, so I'm glad I was able to push her a little bit out of her comfort zone.

4-6 more after work.

Will run for scenery.

SIAR : Those are some great photos.  I like the one w/ the hills the best.

Scotty : My mom gave me a bunch of salad greens from her garden, including arugula.  And yeah, it's such a cool word I had to toss it around a few times.  It also got turned into a symbol of elite, out-of-touch politicians.  Who knows ? If I eat enough arugula, maybe I can be elite and out-of-touch as well !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

True.Big grin

Bah, they're good for you.  Besides, me saying I was going to skip hills would be like you saying you were going to skip humidity.  We'd both run like twice a year.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice pics SIAR. The black and white is cool. Yeah those hills look like a bitch.... my training plan has an entire hills PHASE starting in August....not looking forward to it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Posting this here because I am very excited: the How to Cook Everything app is free in the iTunes Store today. It's an awesome app and I think it's usually $10. Get it!

The mailman just dropped off my first stride box (woot!) and FocusT25. Trying to figure out if I want to do the workout. I already showered though.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good find Jess. Wish the other ones were free too!  But who doesn't want to save $9.99!

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Awesome pics, SIAR!   They're so cool in B&W.

B-Plus

Posting this here because I am very excited: the How to Cook Everything app is free in the iTunes Store today. It's an awesome app and I think it's usually $10. Get it!

The mailman just dropped off my first stride box (woot!) and FocusT25. Trying to figure out if I want to do the workout. I already showered though.

What are you cooking for us first? Thanks, I downloaded it and I'll check it out.

LRB

Yes, pretty much.  Thankfully though the Kayano 19's are a sharp looking shoe, as are the DST 18's.

I wore the Lunarglide 3's for two years with no problems but didn't last a week in the upgrade to the 4.  I was really disappointed in that more so because I have worn the Nike brand for the better part of 25 years, so I was brand loyal.  I have found however where running is concerned that Nike is completely and utterly useless for me.

In fact, I do not run in a single Nike item these days, not a one!  My shoes, shirts, socks and shorts are all either Asics, Pearl Izumi, Saucony, or New Balance.

I am sure they make something that's useful, *I* just haven't found it yet.

YAYpril - B-Plus

And just like that, best run I've had in weeks. Amazing what a slightly lower dewpoint can do for your psyche. 5 more miles done. I pushed the pace a little, because I could, and it felt GOOD.

Hip Redux

So because severe thunderstorms (or the prediction of such storms, which never arrived) canceled my run yesterday, today I decided to tackle The Hill.  1.2 miles, ~7% average grade, 430 feet of climbing.    Yowch.    Total run was 4.75 miles.

Coming back down was the worst.

B-Plus

Great pics SIAR!

Congrats April on getting some sane running weather.