Beginners and Beyond

Seriously. MONDAILIES?!? (Read 58 times)

Dr. Cornsitter

They're a lot more fun with friends.  On your own?  Eh, not so much.

You're really good for my ego btw!

But running them alone means no one will see you suffer. You can suffer in peace without someone judging your labored breath and deteriorating composure. Oh, does that not happen to you? I should've guessed that from looking at you.

Ill try not to make you blush, lol.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles done.  They were inside an oven with the light on, but awesome.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

5.1 miles done on the YMCA hamster mill.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

They were inside an oven with the light on, but awesome.

I like that.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yes, pretty much.  Thankfully though the Kayano 19's are a sharp looking shoe, as are the DST 18's.

I wore the Lunarglide 3's for two years with no problems but didn't last a week in the upgrade to the 4.  I was really disappointed in that more so because I have worn the Nike brand for the better part of 25 years, so I was brand loyal.  I have found however where running is concerned that Nike is completely and utterly useless for me.

In fact, I do not run in a single Nike item these days, not a one!  My shoes, shirts, socks and shorts are all either Asics, Pearl Izumi, Saucony, or New Balance.

I am sure they make something that's useful, *I* just haven't found it yet.

I'm with you on Nike, generally.  They do have some good running stuff though.  Their singlets are nice.  They make an awesome 3" split short for racing.  And, some of the new fabrics on the running tops are cool.

April...Great running...fun stuff!

Oski...Way to hit that hill.  I thought the B&W was cool too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

At least the view is great once you get to the top of that climb!  Pretty day.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

But running them alone means no one will see you suffer. You can suffer in peace without someone judging your labored breath and deteriorating composure. Oh, does that not happen to you? I should've guessed that from looking at you.

Ill try not to make you blush, lol.

We're a very non-judgmental group...or maybe we just do it quietly Smile  And fear not, I labor plenty...it just depends on the pace.  Oh, and blushing is actually good for me.  I'm a little pale, so any extra color is a plus.

D...Way to survive the oven.  You should try carrying food on your run to see if it will cook.

Robert...Nice job hamstering.

Oski...Love the pic...definitely a good reward.

I ran a couple runs tonight.  3.11 miles before the store group started, and then 5.11 miles with the store group in some test shoes from NB.  The best part was, I WON THE PRIZE tonight.  And, since NB was there, they're sending me a free racing kit...new singlet and split shorts.  Sweet!  16.5 miles for the day and feeling good.

RSX

Victoria is a beautiful place, especially at this time of year. I assume you're doing your running in Stanley Park. Are you adventurous enough to hit the trails within the park? Are you heading up to Whistler or to the Okanagan?

Yes I ran at Stanley. It is easily the best place I have run. We rented bikes there also . I have heard great things about Whistler from my running friends but will do that next time. After Victoria we head to Seattle

Dr. Cornsitter

We're a very non-judgmental group...or maybe we just do it quietly Smile  And fear not, I labor plenty...it just depends on the pace.  Oh, and blushing is actually good for me.  I'm a little pale, so any extra color is a plus.

Well, run with no shirt more often and Im sure you'll get a little more color. Then post pics of said shirtlessness and I'm sure you'll get plenty of blush-inducing comments Big grin

P.S.  NB are my go-to. I've loved almost every pair of shoes I've owned by them. Even prior to running. I have lived near two of their outlet stores so I love getting good gear for good prices.

LRB

NB are my go-to. I've loved almost every pair of shoes I've owned by them. Even prior to running. I have lived near two of their outlet stores so I love getting good gear for good prices.

I don't run in their shoes, but they make some of the best apparel out there.  Their wind blocker technology that they use in their running jackets is the shiznit.

Dr. Cornsitter

I don't run in their shoes, but they make some of the best apparel out there.  Their wind blocker technology that they use in their running jackets is the shiznit.

+1

Own it. Love it.

B-Plus

I'm with you on Nike, generally.  They do have some good running stuff though.  Their singlets are nice.  They make an awesome 3" split short for racing.  And, some of the new fabrics on the running tops are cool.

I really love their Pro Combat tops. I'll have to check into their shorts. Every time I look, they're either the super-long basketball type shorts that LRB used to wear, or too short from the looks of things. Mind you, I think my Mizuno Mavericks have a 2.5" inseam, so I shouldn't be afraid.

Yes I ran at Stanley. It is easily the best place I have run. We rented bikes there also . I have heard great things about Whistler from my running friends but will do that next time. After Victoria we head to Seattle

Nice. Are you taking the ferry from Victoria to Seattle? I was just in Seattle last month and usually get down 1-2 times a year for some type of sporting event. I run at Stanley Park almost every day, since I live about 2.5 miles from the entrance on the English Bay side. I think you mentioned this was a anniversary or honeymoon trip, otherwise I would have tried to meet up with you for a run.

8 miles around False Creek and Kits Beach

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beach...Yep, the men in here will love me then!  I'm glad you approve of the scrawny, sinewy runner physique though.  It seems only moderately appreciated on a larger scale.  Have you ever checked the model numbers of the shoes you get at outlets against the ones sold at running stores or online?  I always worry that they're going to try and pull one over on me and sell me something that's not quite the same.  Still, anything to keep the crazy cost of running down is a good thing.

LRB...the singlet I won is supposed to have these balls in the material that expand and cool you as you sweat.  I'm definitely curious to give it a try when it comes in.  I'm with you though, the gear is quality.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

LRB...the singlet I won is supposed to have these balls in the material that expand and cool you as you sweat. 

**blink**

Hip Redux

**blink**

I'm going with -  That's what she said?