Beginners and Beyond

Boston Mondailies (Read 41 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola!  Busy day at work today, first time I've been able to peruse the forum.

I did my 25th race - 25th for this year, that is - on Saturday in Luckenbach, Texas.  It was quite interesting and a lot of fun. My report is on the front page somewhere.  I see from the replies and looks that a lot of you have already found it.

On Sunday I followed up my race with a run along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Since it was Easter it was nice and quiet down there, very few folks out.  However, at one point, the Easter Bunny was there, letting folks having breakfast on the outside patios get their photos taken with him.  I should have brought my camera on this run, darn the luck!   Nice fun run by the water.  Temp of only 65 degrees but it was VERY humid  - in the 90 percent range and the dewpoint was in the 70s - as we had thunderstorms threatening.  I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done, even though I didn't go that far, only 3.3 miles.

Today is a rest day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Apparently, Dave, there is a gravitational pull at the end of the earth, making your photos go sideways.   If I had been there, Dave, you'd be safe..I'd do the falling off of it, lol.

Trail running and bridge building, now that's a workout run, FreeSoul!

Good luck with the 10 miles, Phil!

With those long hours, Hobbit, sounds like you earned some beer!

Ohhh.......sorry about the twisted ankle, Damaris.  Wishing you speedy healing!

Enjoy your beautiful day, StoneFence.  Gail wants me to mow the lawn after work...however, looks like rain, so I am hoping it opens up in the next hour or so before I go home. 

A couple of tabs open, Andrew? You watched the Boston at a bar?   Nice.  

Sorry about the allergies, Step, hope the running is helping.

Yard cleaning counts as x-training, Lily.  No Boston crowds?  I didn't get to watch it, but the news folks yesterday were saying that around a MILLION spectators were expected.  That seems like a lot of spectators!  Maybe they were including in the count TV viewers around the world also.

Happy cut-back week, Marjorie, hopes it helps your body get back its GIVE.

Welcome back, Kristin!  All nice and tanned and looking good, right?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

P.S. Dave, I can't decide if your selfies are cute or creepy. All I keep thinking of is the travelling gnome. Enjoy your vacation with the family!

I'm gonna go with creepy. But thanks.

And some combination of iPhone & Tinypic turns my photos sideways or upside down depending on orientation of the phone when I take the picture. When I look at the post on my phone or iPad, they are right side up.

Good time had by all, not super crowded, only there a day. Now in Key Largo for a couple days.

Damaris: we leave FL on Friday.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Way to go Boston runners!! Smile

4 easy recovery miles done after cutting the grass.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Scotty, you are right about the crowd in Boston. It was big. But I think they limited the number of spectators on the road for the first few miles. It looked deserted to me. Must have been a security issue. I will have a look at your RRs, thanks! And a run on the Riverwalk sounds lovely!

I was inspired by our Boston runners and I ended up doing 10 recovery, instead of 6. 8:49 pace. Felt good.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

ahhh, want to go to the post-race party but... screw a long ride on the T, and screw walking even more.  Beer and pizza in the room and will go out to celebrate once home.  Smile

LRB

I was inspired by our Boston runners and I ended up doing 10 recovery, instead of 6. 8:49 pace. Felt good.

What a coincidence, I was inspired by them as well.  As such I decided to surf the internet endlessly instead of the yard work I planned.  lol

happylily

ahhh, want to go to the post-race party but... screw a long ride on the T, and screw walking even more.  Beer and pizza in the room and will go out to celebrate once home.  Smile

We're all with you partying in your room, in spirit, Jay.  I will have some wine in your honor tonight. Cheers, Champ!

happylily

What a coincidence, I was inspired by them as well.  As such I decided to surf the internet endlessly instead of the yard work I planned.  lol

LOL...

My SO had the hardest time finding the race, live on the internet. I had to threaten him with common-law divorce to make sure he worked hard at finding something watchable. It wasn't the best stream, but I'll keep him for another year...

meaghansketch

Hi everyone!  Haven't posted since I think November or December but I'm back!  I had a NRR back injury at the beginning of January which kept me off of running for about a month and even after getting back into it I haven't been feeling 100% motivated.  But it's that time of year again where my thoughts turn to PRs and even the progress towards a (maybe someday) BQ...

Sorry I haven't been around, I feel like I've missed a lot of setbacks and accomplishments.  I've finally dipped my toe back into the forums today and a bunch of you deserve some major congratulations.

I'm working on my shorter-distance speed this year, taking some time off of the marathon to focus mainly on the 5K-10K distances.  I might do a half in the fall but not really thinking that far ahead yet.  I did land some nice 5K and 10K PRs recently and even won my first AG award in a small 5K.  I'm back to doing speedwork with my local club and starting to feel fit again.

Hope everyone is well, I will do my best to catch up with all of you!

happylily

Hi Meaghan! I was thinking about you recently.  I thought you were staying away from us because we are all a bunch of lowlifes. But I'm glad that it was for some other reason , though sad to hear that you were injured. Back injuries are tough. Please stick around! We'll make sure you get your running mojo back to what it was. You have lots of great PRs ahead of you!

LRB

Hi Meaghan!

People come and go on the forums all the time.  They take breaks, suffer injuries, feel bogged down by posting or just life happens or sometimes there is no reason.

It's cool, you owe us nothing for any of it.  All that matters is you are happy and for that I will take full credit.

You're welcome! 

We're all with you partying in your room, in spirit, Jay.  I will have some wine in your honor tonight. Cheers, Champ!

Merci, Lily!  Smile

Welcome back, Meaghan.

Congrats on the AG placement!

B-Plus

Hi Meaghan!

People come and go on the forums all the time.  They take breaks, suffer injuries, feel bogged down by posting or just life happens or sometimes there is no reason.

It's cool, you owe us nothing for any of it.  All that matters is you are happy and for that I will take full credit.

You're welcome! 

Shut up, I want cake. Welcome back Meaghan, been mostly all about set backs for me. Actually, I'm not around all that much, but I'll still cake my cake.

I was gonna get some stuff done this afternoon, but I made my best LRB impression and took a nap instead. Waking up early on a holiday to watch the marathon is hard work.