Beginners and Beyond

Racing this weekend? (Read 104 times)

Philliefan33

Whatcha got going this weekend, people?  It's Cinco de Mayo - somebody ought to be running SOMETHING fun!

AFM, just a little HM.  No biggie.  =)

You can do this, Di!  Don't worry about your finish time, just have fun.  (I'm still smiling two days after mine.)

And when it's over you can revel in the feeling of  "I just ran 13.1 frickin' miles"!

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

So yeah for once I can post in this thread Cool

Spirit Scamper 5K in Homewood, AL. Will be my second ever 5K and I plan to set at least a 2 minute PR! Let's see some of you speedy people do that, LOL

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

duplicate post, oops

Mostly harmless

Only three races this weekend.  Dead

Flying Pig 10k Saturday 8AM

Flying Pig 5k Saturday 10AM

Flying Pig Marathon Sunday 6:30AM

I can't believe I'm not freaking out yet.  Maybe that will happen once I get to Cincinnati tomorrow.

That's a lot of flying pigs! Good luck!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scott, I think it's part of a challenge.  I remember someone in a FB group mentioned it.

Damaris

Dreamn

Broad Street Run 10 Miler.  More of a fun run than a race.  I can't wait for it to be over because I have no more races until July.

bluerun

Super B****

Yep, half on Sunday.  Pre-race freaking out commenced today with a bang.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

500 Festival Mini Marathon on Saturday. It''ll be my debut Half. Can't wait!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

pae

Scott, I think it's part of a challenge.  I remember someone in a FB group mentioned it.

I think it's the Cincinnati 4-way.  They also have a Cincinnati 3-way which is the 5k, 10k, and HM.

Robert31320

Team TJ

No racing for me this weekend.  I've raced the last two weekends and need a break.

Good luck to everyone racing!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Rondog65

Di have faith you will do fine!!!

Lot of flying pigs, I see a Geico commercial here.

i am suppose to do the Provincetown Monument (252 feet 7.5 inches) "Run To The Top" On Saturday.  I injured my foot on Thursday and have been resting since (errrrr).  Did 4.6 mile run today and the feet didn't fall off, so I am thinking of still doing the run. Did well last year and was looking to improve on my time!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ball of Fury

I think it's the Cincinnati 4-way.  They also have a Cincinnati 3-way which is the 5k, 10k, and HM.

What, you're not running the Little King's Mile Friday too?

As for me, DNS for my goal HM...boo hoo!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

DavePNW

Um, some kind of 5k "Zombie Run" that DW talked me into doing with her on Sunday night? I have no idea what this is all about. But if I am with DW, I will essentially be walking it, which is good because I will have done a LR earlier that day.

Dave

Di, don't worry that HM is all yours..

I'm running the NJ Marathon on Sunday, my first full..

LRB

Fuck, you got me. 

That was hilarious!