Beginners and Beyond

Racing this weekend? (Read 104 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, that's interesting.

I think it's the Cincinnati 4-way.  They also have a Cincinnati 3-way which is the 5k, 10k, and HM.

Damaris

Mostly harmless

Di, don't worry that HM is all yours..

I'm running the NJ Marathon on Sunday, my first full..

Good luck with your first full!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice.  Good luck!

And Di, you'll be fine!

Di, don't worry that HM is all yours..

I'm running the NJ Marathon on Sunday, my first full..

Damaris

sirdizzy

Saint George 70.3 Pro Championships Ironman for me Smile Big grinCoolShocked

pae

What, you're not running the Little King's Mile Friday too?

I'm already in over my head as it is. Joking

kettledrum

500 Festival Mini Marathon on Saturday. It''ll be my debut Half. Can't wait!

Ditto for me.  Hoping the rain will stay away - forecasted at 40% chance right now.

Jess runs for bacon

Man, I thought last weekend was crazy, I think there may be even more races this weekend!

I have a 5k on Sunday about 2 miles from my house. It's for kids scholarships at the local school, so the proceeds go to a random kid that ran the race. This is important: since it isn't advertised anywhere and because it is for kids, the only people that show up are kids and their parents. There were two people in the female 20-29 AG last year, and since the other girl walked I got a win. I will only be in that bracket for three more days afterwards. I hope the same thing happens this time! It's a beastly course though. I think the hill we run up is somewhere around 300 feet.

good luck racers!!!

Antipodean

I have a 5k on Sunday in which I'm sure to go under 25 mins, but that's because I know in advance that the course is short Angry! It's part of a 6-race series and I'm after an age group points win or placing (after one race I'm sitting at 2nd). Still, all the courses in the series are off distance wise. The first one was over. I was discouraged by my slowish time until I saw my pace, which was bang on my PR. Anyway, I'm going for a placing.

It's also my Dad's birthday. He passed away three years ago but it'll be nice to run and remember him. He was a huge supporter of my running.

Good luck everybody!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

workinprogress11

Indy Mini Marathon.  I'm pacing a friend who is shooting for 2:05.  We didn't realize you had to submit proof to get a seeded corral, though, so we are starting out behind the 2:30ers.  I'm afraid it's going to be too crowded to get out and get his 2:05.

hog4life

I'm racing the Decatur Steeple Chase 8k. It's a great road course, very well supported, usually has a lot of fast people show up. My last years time was 39:39, and I finished 6th in my AG. I hope to go sub 39. This will be my 4th year running this one. It was also my very first race.

sirdizzy

Man, I thought last weekend was crazy, I think there may be even more races this weekend!

I have a 5k on Sunday about 2 miles from my house. It's for kids scholarships at the local school, so the proceeds go to a random kid that ran the race. This is important: since it isn't advertised anywhere and because it is for kids, the only people that show up are kids and their parents. There were two people in the female 20-29 AG last year, and since the other girl walked I got a win. I will only be in that bracket for three more days afterwards. I hope the same thing happens this time! It's a beastly course though. I think the hill we run up is somewhere around 300 feet.

good luck racers!!!

Good luck on your race, hope you win but where do you live that 300 feet is a beastly hill (I am doing the half ironman on Saturday and the bike has 3500 feet of elevation gain and the run like 1200 most of it in the first 4 miles).  Do you get any bling when you win?  I love small races makes me feel fast.

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck on your race, hope you win but where do you live that 300 feet is a beastly hill (I am doing the half ironman on Saturday and the bike has 3500 feet of elevation gain and the run like 1200 most of it in the first 4 miles).  Do you get any bling when you win?  I love small races makes me feel fast.

PA. I've seen worse, but it's cruel to see in a 5k. This is just one hill. Nice coast downhill though. Just a cheap little medal, but it was my very first medal last year and it gives me the warm fuzzies. Good luck at your half ironman!

Nightvisionrn

Flying Pig 3 way-- 5K, 10K, HM.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

good luck racers!!!

Where's this at?  And what did I tell you about rest, girlie? Wink

Nothing for me this weekend, but already plotting my next goal race(s).

Jess runs for bacon

Where's this at?  And what did I tell you about rest, girlie? Wink

Nothing for me this weekend, but already plotting my next goal race(s).

Hey man, 5ks don't count!  Saucon Valley middle school, 11 am Smile What's cooking?