Beginners and Beyond

Racing this weekend? (Read 104 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nothing for me this weekend. I have a charity walk (!) for MS on Sunday. That's going to be weird.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Hey man, 5ks don't count!  Saucon Valley middle school, 11 am Smile What's cooking?

Looking to smash my 10K PR since it seems like I'm on a roll lately.  Thinking about doing Run the Palisades in Cliffside Park, NJ on 5/19...it's supposed to be flat and fast.

Good luck on Saturday!  Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Are you a New Jerseian?!

Looking to smash my 10K PR since it seems like I'm on a roll lately.  Thinking about doing Run the Palisades in Cliffside Park, NJ on 5/19...it's supposed to be flat and fast.

Good luck on Saturday!  Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Indy Mini on Saturday

Luke79

I will be attempting to catch up with Misty at the New Balance Uptown Run on Saturday morning.  It's a great 5k through a nice neighborhood.

I will be running my very first half marathon on Sunday.  I am VERY nervous.

RabbitChaser

I will be running a 5K on Saturday. Based on my 4 miler this past weekend, my goal is to finish under 21:30.

Mostly harmless

You're supposed to be nervous. Smile

I just had a peek at your log. You're ready. Have fun and good luck!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Don't call me Buttercup!

Ha! I'm running my first on Sunday, too.  I looked at your log - if you're nervous, I ought to be terrified.  ROFL   You're going to be great, no worries!  I'm too excited to be nervous at this point.   =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

40% would be a 10% drop in prediction from what I saw yesterday. I'm pretty bummed about the rain. Hopefully the rain will hold off until the afternoon. I would love an overcast 45-50 degrees. Good luck!

Ditto for me.  Hoping the rain will stay away - forecasted at 40% chance right now.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

sirdizzy

OH I also forgot I am doing the ironkids 1 mile kids race with my 3 year old on Friday night Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Oops, thought this was the dailies. Edited.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Saturday morning I've got the Newburgh Rivertown Trail 5k, not a trail but they call it that. Not sure if I want to see how fast I can run it, because I've got the 5k on the Runway next weekend and I want to race that one. I think I'll just have fun with this one and enjoy it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

Saturday I run 12 and have a 5k on Sunday from my favorite bar. Last time I did that weekend combo I went out too fast on the 5k although I tried to use it as a recovery run.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Are you a New Jerseian?!

Born and raised in North Jersey, but I've lived in PA for the past almost 13 years now.  I had a lot of friends in the Cliffside Park area in high school, so even though I didn't actually live there, it'll be like running in my old 'hood!