Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #12 (Read 34 times)

LRB

Actually, we just look towards the team 40 miles down I95 as a reminder of how bad things can be. The Titans must have watched the tape from the Chargers playoff game last year. If you force the Ravens to throw, they aren't so great. There was some really lousy clock management in that game around half time. If you have 11 seconds left, you should be able to get at least 2, or maybe even 3 plays off. Quick throws, if it isn;t there immediately, throw it away. Don't run around for 8 fucking seconds.

Or how about calling a timeout when you hit a big play just before halftime and not letting 30 seconds run off the clock when you had 3 timeouts. Lamar is taking the brunt but the entire team screwed the pooched. Dropped passes, bizarre play calling (running up the middle into the Titan's strength on 4th down instead of letting your guy get out into the open field), poor clock management, getting beat in the secondary, and straight getting TRUCKED by Derrick Henry and just the look of a team who thought all they had to do was take the field to win. They got their butts kicked in all three phases and it was just an awful way to end a really good season. And now the trolls are having a field day. One post on Pro Football Talk has over 200 comments, most of which are straight roasting the QB and the "mickey mouse offense" he runs. Too bad. It could've been so much more. It must suck to be a hometown fan this morning.

LRB

Omg, I finally figured out how to get the Stryd podcasts to my watch! I used Runcasts, which syncs through Connect IQ and syncs with my watch. I have never been so happy to listen to drivel in all my life. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Or how about calling a timeout when you hit a big play just before halftime and not letting 30 seconds run off the clock when you had 3 timeouts. Lamar is taking the brunt but the entire team screwed the pooched. Dropped passes, bizarre play calling (running up the middle into the Titan's strength on 4th down instead of letting your guy get out into the open field), poor clock management, getting beat in the secondary, and straight getting TRUCKED by Derrick Henry and just the look of a team who thought all they had to do was take the field to win. They got their butts kicked in all three phases and it was just an awful way to end a really good season. And now the trolls are having a field day. One post on Pro Football Talk has over 200 comments, most of which are straight roasting the QB and the "mickey mouse offense" he runs. Too bad. It could've been so much more. It must suck to be a hometown fan this morning.

I went to the grocery store and there was a surprising amount of Ravens attire. The Ravens as an organization absolutely suck at making adjustments. I pretty much knew this game was over in the first quarter. This team was so used to doing whatever they wanted to their opponents that they lost their composure when they got behind.

DavePNW

8 miles. Yesterday 10% chance of rain and it poured, today 80% chance of rain and nary a drop. IDK why they even bother. 

48 miles for the week.

Dave

LRB

Annnnd the entire world is covered in ice! I didn't make it a half mile before I had to turn around.

onemile

Annnnd the entire world is covered in ice! I didn't make it a half mile before I had to turn around.

That was here yesterday

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck in that freaky deaky 17 mile race!

Warm and humid and done under wind advisory.  That was rough.  I finished 3 OA out of maybe 50.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Meh.

Bring on the football.

<3

From the Internet.

GUH my watch or Stryd or both of those suckers conspired against me on the one day I needed them to just work!!

Paced a long run but was flying blind for a lot of it. At one point a few miles in it told me, for no discernable change in effort, that I was suddenly running 6:50 lap pace UPHILL?? With my pacing partner and our entire group still around/ahead of me?? GPS trace is hilarious; power data seems right-ish, I guess, but the pace/distance should have been coming from Stryd, and they were clearly way off a lot of the time (I might need to charge it? But would a low battery fuck things up like that vs just not recording data?). Ended up a couple tenths of a mile ahead on distance by the end; according to others we were right in the ballpark of 7:50-8:00 and everyone with the group seemed fine with the effort so oh well, at least it worked out. Stryd says 13.79 miles, RA map thing says the GPS trace was 14.17 (it's got some comical jumping-over-buildings type errors), manually plotting it out in MapMyRun says 13.59 so we'll go with the last one.

From the Internet.

Oh and it was SPORTS BRA WEATHER here today! Little rain for the first couple miles, then the sun peeked out partway through. Just about 70 degrees and windy but wasn't unmanageable.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Afternoon ya'll.

I was supposed to do 14 miles this morning, but thanks to what appeared to be a UTI... I didn't get to sleep until after 1 AM. No matter how many times I went to pee, the sensation to go was there, it was fucking miserable. I took ibuprofen at 1 (not sure what good that would've done) and the sensation appeared to go away or at least I fell asleep. But when my 5 AM alarm went off, I shut it off.

Dorian and I went to Audubon and hiked 3.85 miles, my garmin says elevation gain was 826.8 feet but strava says elevation gain was 954 feet.

The reason this is important to me is because I'm hoping to use these trails to train for the Stump Jump 50k that is in October, apparently the elevation gain for that is around 6,500 feet.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Somebody (DaveP, LRB, HCK, etc) will need to explain the Kansas City Chiefs.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Andy Reid. Which explains the Ravens because And Reid coaching tree.

Or the AFC south is better than anyone knew.

DavePNW

Inspired by the Ravens’ performance.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Inspired by the Ravens’ performance.

This is nuts.

<3