Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #12 (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

This is nuts.

The tables sure have turned.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

40 minutes ago, Texans just went up 21-0. I'm going for a run cause this is over. 24-21, WTH happened?

Baboon

delicate flower

The tables sure have turned.

Highly entertaining when you've got no horse in this race!

<3

LRB

GUH my watch or Stryd or both of those suckers conspired against me on the one day I needed them to just work!!

Paced a long run but was flying blind for a lot of it. At one point a few miles in it told me, for no discernable change in effort, that I was suddenly running 6:50 lap pace UPHILL?? With my pacing partner and our entire group still around/ahead of me?? GPS trace is hilarious; power data seems right-ish, I guess, but the pace/distance should have been coming from Stryd, and they were clearly way off a lot of the time (I might need to charge it? But would a low battery fuck things up like that vs just not recording data?). Ended up a couple tenths of a mile ahead on distance by the end; according to others we were right in the ballpark of 7:50-8:00 and everyone with the group seemed fine with the effort so oh well, at least it worked out. Stryd says 13.79 miles, RA map thing says the GPS trace was 14.17 (it's got some comical jumping-over-buildings type errors), manually plotting it out in MapMyRun says 13.59 so we'll go with the last one.

Ensure that Stryd zones is still on your watch and phone. The pod battery was good for me up until 13%.

onemile

I ran 8

LRB

40 minutes ago, Texans just went up 21-0. I'm going for a run cause this is over. 24-21, WTH happened?

So you're to blame, got it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So you're to blame, got it.

This means I should have gone for a run last night!!!!

Cyberic

Congrats to all who ran, and special kudos to Baboon for racing a 17 mile race.

From the Internet.

Ensure that Stryd zones is still on your watch and phone. The pod battery was good for me up until 13%.

Def still there, it was giving me power numbers in the field on my watch screen! I actually don't know how to check how much battery is left, lol. That's a first step to take I guess!

Baboon

delicate flower

Congrats to all who ran, and special kudos to Baboon for racing a 17 mile race.

Why thank you.

<3

Cyberic

Def still there, it was giving me power numbers in the field on my watch screen! I actually don't know how tocheck how much battery is left, lol. That's a first step to take I guess!

Android phone app, the three dots in the upper right corner, then Check Battery is the first option. Don't know for iPhone

From the Internet.

Android phone app, the three dots in the upper right corner, then Check Battery is the first option. Don't know for iPhone

OH that's easy enough, whoops! 33% and that's AFTER ~1:45+ of running today. Super weird.

DavePNW

Highly entertaining when you've got no horse in this race!

Agreed. I do have a horse in the late game. I have not turned into a huge Seahawks fanatic or anything, but I’m sure as hell not rooting for the Packers.

Dave

LRB

OH that's easy enough, whoops! 33% and that's AFTER ~1:45+ of running today. Super weird.

The only other thing I can think of is if the hole underneath the pod was blocked somehow. Failing that, it was just a glitch in the matrix...or not

onemile

Agreed. I do have a horse in the late game. I have not turned into a huge Seahawks fanatic or anything, but I’m sure as hell not rooting for the Packers.