Beginners and Beyond

Pets (Read 224 times)

Dad on the run.

Here is another thread much like this one that I started almost a year ago if anyone just wants to spoil themselves on more cute pet pics Smile

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/73a788fa290b440697176575c688257e

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Siberia is his name, stealing food is his game.  On Sunday he snuck a chicken finger off the stove top, silently removed it from foil, and ate the whole thing.

#artbydmcbride

He's beautiful!!

Runners run

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

And Cadence and Velocity?  Names sound like they mean something.

They are quasi bike related.  Cadence is basically RPMs and Velocity comes from Velocipedes (original name of the bicycle) but today that's been shortened to Velo - and we just went with it to Velocity.

Rungry!

Asta is a Wire Fox Terrier rescue dog. We adopted her when she has 6 and she is now 16. This is a pic of her in her younger, friskier days.

I got Bob the Ball Python when I was 18, along with my first tattoo. Like the tattoo, I think Bob will be with me forever. He is now 23 years old and shows no sign of slowing down.

Jen

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are quasi bike related.  Cadence is basically RPMs and Velocity comes from Velocipedes (original name of the bicycle) but today that's been shortened to Velo - and we just went with it to Velocity.

I assumed they had their running meaning but nice!

Damaris

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

That's quite a handsome snake.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Asta is a Wire Fox Terrier rescue dog. We adopted her when she has 6 and she is now 16. This is a pic of her in her younger, friskier days.

I got Bob the Ball Python when I was 18, along with my first tattoo. Like the tattoo, I think Bob will be with me forever. He is now 23 years old and shows no sign of slowing down.

LOL! I love that you named the snake Bob!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Never thought of what would be a good name for a snake..... but Bob was never one I thought of lol. Bob the snake..... awesome!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RabbitChaser

Finally a snake pic! Bob is a great name for a snake. Looks like he's a happy critter.

I will have to get some recent pictures next week of my four snakes and post them. Until then, their names are Sam (Samantha), Annie, Hey, and You. Sam and Annie are the red-tail boas, Hey and You are the gopher snakes. Smile

Eric

From the Internet.

Ooh Bob is very visually striking! Big grin I don't want to derail the thread.. but what's it like to own a snake?? Do they have personalities/show affection/do other such things that I can project my human thought process onto like furry critters do?

Dad on the run.

I would own a snake if my wife would approve, but that would never happen. However, I feel that if I talked to my snake like I do my dogs the only thing the snake would be thinking is "I would eat your ass if you weren't so much bigger than me"

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Rungry!

To answer Lauren's question: Well...they definitely have personalities. When Bob was younger, I was convinced that he liked to cuddle. Realistically, I think he just liked people’s warmth. For some reason, he would alway curl up on top of my book when I was reading. He was a sweetheart the first 10 years of his life, but then he started losing his eyesight and is pretty cranky nowadays. I haven't handled him much in the past few years, since he has bitten me numerous times. I am assuming that he associates my scent with food because he has never bitten anyone else.  Cry

Jen

Dad on the run.

Awww, that's sad about Bob. Is there a way to tell a snakes age? I mean dogs/cats just start getting grey and fat. In that pic I wouldn't know if he was 1 year or 15.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Meat Wagon

Puker

This pretty lady loves to get all sudsy and then be rinsed off with the handheld shower head.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.