Beginners and Beyond

Friday, 7.21.17 (Read 30 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

No thought of finishing up at home on the trainer? Or is that just a runner thing?

I do have a bike trainer, but this was an unscheduled ride so it didn't really matter.  25 miles was just the route I had picked.

<3

LRB

Morning!  I have an RD.

Legs and abs are tired but the arms finally showed I rowed 2000m yesterday. So, now everything is sore and tired, yeap.

A rest day on a Friday? What?

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey I am on a six day run streak.  This may be a triathlon-training PR.  But the streak stops there.

<3

LRB

Good morning!

LRB, as long as it's positive, you can think of me however you like

I rode 25.  77F temp and 76DP would have really sucked for a run, and it was pretty miserable climbing hills on the bike.

Have a kickass day folks!

DavePNW

Thanks for the earworm.

You're welcome.  It's an awesome song.

Dave

LRB

I can't fault your advice -- it worked.

Hahaha I thought of that... especially when one of the screen shots from the video showed how awkward that position looked!  That was once I had already made it up there (it took a few tries, but those tries mostly consisted of jumping up and flailing my legs... I have a few hilarious videos of what I have taken to calling aerial kickboxing), and I only did it one time, so that's not likely to be the cause.

It's all good, I'll make like an Olympian and cup it when I get home.

How'd your feet take those landings? Or are we past thinking about that? (most likely never past it, just thinking about some other busted up body part at that time)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A rest day on a Friday? What?

My rest days have always been on a Friday in the last few years.  At least when I get trained.  When I do my own thing, I have moved it a lot due to work, but Fridays is my favorite.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

How'd your feet take those landings? Or are we past thinking about that? (most likely never past it, just thinking about some other busted up body part at that time)

It wasn't much of an issue when I was just dropping off the start holds, because that's not more than a foot... but unlike a vertical wall, you can't really climb back DOWN a problem on The Beast.  So once I made it to the top, I reversed as far as I could, which left me about seven feet off the ground, then just hung there for a good ten seconds looking down in horror, like... I'm supposed to jump down from here?!  There are people who just jump from the top of the wall without a second thought, and it boggles my  mind.  (It was okay, I think.  But I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis.  Bone density aside, it's just setting yourself up for a twisted ankle.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Looks like your legs are back, just in time for a major beat down.

Word.

My pace for my last 3 runs was nearly identical 

LRB

My pace for my last 3 runs was nearly identical 

Yep, and three days removed from quality is just what the Dr. ordered for tomorrow. Thank you for agreeing with me, FINALLY.

(I know, I know; technically you did not agree with me, but throw a dog a damn bone once in a blue moon would ya)

onemile

Yep, and three days removed from quality is just what the Dr. ordered for tomorrow. Thank you for agreeing with me, FINALLY.

(I know, I know; technically you did not agree with me, but throw a dog a damn bone once in a blue moon would ya)

Having fresh legs is the least of my worries

LRB

Having fresh legs is the least of my worries

Got it.

As you were.

Supposedly a rest day for me, but I wanted to get one more day of Orangetheory's Peak Performance Week done.  They were timing a 1-mile run today...and let's just say there's a reason I prefer running longer distances at moderate speeds.  I went in with lofty goals and just was not feeling it, right from the first few seconds.  Maybe I shouldn't have gone to a four-course dinner event last night that paired various local cheeses and cocktails with each course?  (Nah...totally worth it!!)

Now I'm resting before going to the Tom Petty concert tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Supposedly a rest day for me, but I wanted to get one more day of Orangetheory's Peak Performance Week done.  They were timing a 1-mile run today...and let's just say there's a reason I prefer running longer distances at moderate speeds.  I went in with lofty goals and just was not feeling it, right from the first few seconds.  Maybe I shouldn't have gone to a four-course dinner event last night that paired various local cheeses and cocktails with each course?  (Nah...totally worth it!!)

Now I'm resting before going to the Tom Petty concert tonight!

Not enough cocktails were the cause...

Damaris

Not enough cocktails were the cause...

I like the way you think!!