Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

LRB

Sorry to hear that Blue, it has been fun reading all about your chickens.  Maybe it's time for a remote camera. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day.  Then Saturday morning I have a 5K at 8 a.m.....then Saturday evening I have a 5K at 4:30 PM...then Sunday morning I have a 5K at 9 a.m.....then Sunday evening I have a 5K at 5 PM.....I might need Monday off, lol!

Ran last night after work around my neighborhood and took some photos of some of the lighting decorations I went past.  My post of that is on the front page somewhere.   I started my run just after 5:30 pm....and the temp was still 70 flippin' degrees.  December, and I was out running in shorts and a singlet.  Crazy Texas weather.

Happy skiing, Baboon!  Watch out for trees!  And goats too!  Yeah, especially goats!  Safe traveling too!

4 miles already?  You are making great comeback progress, Dave!

Enjoy the concert, Damaris!  Will there be artificial snow there along with the music to make it feel more wintery for you really hot weather folks?

23 degrees, dang, FreeSoul.  I take it you did not wear shorts.  Protect the Great Legs!    Yay for Dorian making improvement!

OOTB - and Jack too - I guess the storms were so bad in CA that even our local San Antonio news channels reported on it...and in Oregon too, if I remember correctly.  You and yours stay safe!   So sorry about your hen!

Somehow, Damaris, "sunny" and 'Trans Siberian Orchestra" just don't seem to go together.    Enjoy the concert!

10.3 done already, Marjorie?  Well done!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm very sad this morning.  I went up to check on the chickens and one of my very favorite hens was laying dead in the coop.  She seemed fine yesterday, so I don't know what happened.  I'm wondering if a gust of wind blew her into something and she sustained internal injuries.  Poor girl.  She was one of our two broody hens and was a sweet chicken.

Awww, poor thing.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Our neighbors had 6-9 hens and one tom turkey until November 2, we had just gotten home from indy and they came running over very upset. Another neighbor's dog got into the very weak pen and just tore the hens apart except for one.  they had no escape. The turkey must've tried to protect them and lost so many feathers before taking off into te woods, we didn't see him for days and thought for sure e was dead. A couple days later he turned up, they still only have one hen and the turkey.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I hit the snooze button this morning, so I'll have to run after work. Maybe I'll head out with the group.

I decided to bag my first 2 races of the new year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The question is what was that dog doing outside without a leash?

Weights and 4 miles.

Hershey is sick and I am about to leave for our concert.  Sigh.

Damaris

LRB

I decided to bag my first 2 races of the new year.

I can dig it, 2015 will be more about quality and less about quantity not that I race all that much but I will be looking to reign it in just a bit.

B-Plus

I'm just not ready to get into race mode. Plus I'm 10 lbs overweight and we're still not at xmas.

LRB

I'm just not ready to get into race mode. Plus I'm 10 lbs overweight and we're still not at xmas.

lol - I am not sure I will step on a scale again!

delicate flower

I ran.  13.12 miles in 1:47:06.  I know it's December and all and it's supposed to be cold, and I am fine with that.  But ffs, can I get some damn sunshine at least??

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The question is what was that dog doing outside without a leash?

Weights and 4 miles.

Hershey is sick and I am about to leave for our concert.  Sigh.

He constantly got loose, and a smaller dog was usually with him. I haven't seen them loose for a while though, since the cops went to their house and gave them a ticket for the dog not being on a leash.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

OOTB- sometimes chickens die for no discernable reason. Weasels also leave little to no marks.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

OOTB - sorry you lost a hen.

Half of my Y's treadmills are now shiny new Precors.  SO SWEET.  They are silky smooth, quiet and rock solid even at 11 MPH, unlike the older Polars where everyone nearby knew when you were doing speedwork.  Also, negative incline is possible.  And, they have TV/OnDemand/preset workouts.  Early Christmas!

LRB

OOTB - sorry you lost a hen.

Half of my Y's treadmills are now shiny new Precors.  SO SWEET.  They are silky smooth, quiet and rock solid even at 11 MPH, unlike the older Polars where everyone nearby knew when you were doing speedwork.  Also, negative incline is possible.  And, they have TV/OnDemand/preset workouts.  Early Christmas!

That would definitely give treadmilling new life.

DavePNW

even at 11 MPH

Not a problem I've had.

Dave