Beginners and Beyond

Question of the DAILIES (Read 47 times)

happylily

Like Shari, our local strawberries last about 2 weeks. They are amazingly delicious if you can eat them quickly enough. One day on the counter and they become like mush. The rest of the year, we get our strawberries from California, and like everything from there, I think they are injected with silicone, which makes them look all plump and perfect, but they actually have no taste and substance.

Second day off. I hope to go into my races with the feeling that I've really missed running.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Still working from home until I head to a bankruptcy retreat in the Keys for the rest of the day.  Woke up with a headache, so running and weights tonight instead of this morning.

Rick, I think it's because all our food has more chemicals now than when we were growing up.  everything used to taste better!

Damaris

Zelanie

Good luck Andrew, D2, and Scotty!

Fresh Oregon farm strawberries are super sweet!  I think grocery store strawberries are not strawberries any more than a red delicious is an apple.  Sort of similar, but you don't want to bite into it expecting the real thing, or you'll be disappointed.

It's still super rainy here.  I will run somewhere between 6 and 10 after work, depending upon the weather, my time, and my mood.

outoftheblue

Feeling better after a solid, uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep last night.

Our strawberries are ripening now and they do taste a lot better than the supermarket berries.  We have so many right now we converted a few cups last night into some vanilla-berry dessert sauce to put ice cream.   I have to take the truck into the shop for new tires today and run a bunch of errands.  Probably a RD.

Good Luck Racers!!!!!!

Life is good.

meaghansketch

3.5 creaky miles this AM.

I always try to get the smallest strawberries I can from the farmer's market-- when you know they're not bred for size and durability, they are bred for deliciousness.  Supermarket strawberries are all bred to last a week on a truck from California (or wherever).  They haven't started showing up yet at the farmer's market this year; I think it's usually late May or early June.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Brrrr: Is there tracking for your race? Best of luck to you. You have trained tremendously and will do great.

D2: Any specific goals for your 5k?

Hi everyone else.

I have been super busy with kids, work, kids, kids, oh, and kids.  I will run 6 miles tonight after DD runs the 3200 in league finals and early tomorrow morning it's 12-14 miles, my last longer run until my marathon (same day as Baboon's).

Have a great weekend.

Baboon

delicate flower

my last longer run until my marathon (same day as Baboon's).

Hey, we'll probably finish our marathons within 15-20 minutes of each other too based on our goals/expectations.  Pretty cool considering we're on opposite coasts.  Your race starts only an hour after mine (5 AM PST for me, 6 AM PST for you).

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brrrr: Is there tracking for your race? Best of luck to you. You have trained tremendously and will do great.

Hi Jack! Man, the Fargo series has been really good lately. That hour flies by. Good luck to your DD. 3200 is a tough race. My bib # is 1121, and you can track it here. I'll also put the link up on Facebook. Good luck on your run!

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hey, we'll probably finish our marathons within 15-20 minutes of each other too based on our goals/expectations.  Pretty cool considering we're on opposite coasts.  Your race starts only an hour after mine (5 AM PST for me, 6 AM PST for you).

That is pretty cool. You will come in around 3:17 or so and I will be about 4:00, 3:50 if things go well.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Jack! Man, the Fargo series has been really good lately. That hour flies by. Good luck to your DD. 3200 is a tough race. My bib # is 1121, and you can track it here. I'll also put the link up on Facebook. Good luck on your run!

Ok, Brrrr. While you are running I will be in the car on the way to San Diego to visit our son. I will be sure to have DW drive so I can give my full attention to your updates. Smile  You are going to ROCK it, but be smart on those 13' foot hills! Wink

LRB

Trouble with that is the internet is going to implode once you cross the finish so we won't know about my man Jack's result until much later.

happylily

I predict BQs for all those fine runners! 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Ok, Brrrr. While you are running I will be in the car on the way to San Diego to visit our son. I will be sure to have DW drive so I can give my full attention to your updates. Smile  You are going to ROCK it, but be smart on those 13' foot hills! Wink

LOL! Yeah, watch out!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Andrew!!

Damaris

happylily

Yeah, Andrew, you've got this in the bag. You trained like a pro. We'll be thinking about you tomorrow!